|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does the captain give the narrator?
(b) Second mate
(c) Cabin boy
(d) First mate
2. With his new device who does the captain say can now navigate the ship?
(a) A dog
(b) A woman
(d) A child
3. What does the narrator say his task is during the slaughter of the seals?
(a) To reel in the seals
(b) To skin the seals
(c) To tally the pelts
(d) To cook seal soup
4. What does the narrator liken himself to?
(a) A tramp
(b) A scarecrow
(c) A nobleman
(d) A distinguished author
5. How does the narrator say Larsen treats his men?
(a) Like slaves
(b) Like prisoners
(c) Like nothing
(d) Like children
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say the sea becomes like by eleven o'clock?
2. What does Leach ask Hump the bearing for?
3. What does Larsen ask the cook to be careful of?
4. What is the Cook's full name?
5. When did Johansen last write to his mother?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)