|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator liken himself to?
(a) A nobleman
(b) A tramp
(c) A scarecrow
(d) A distinguished author
2. At what age did Johansen leave Sweden?
3. What does the narrator say the sea becomes like by eleven o'clock?
(a) Like marble
(b) Like glass
(c) Like foil
(d) Like cling film
4. What does the narrator say his task is during the slaughter of the seals?
(a) To cook seal soup
(b) To tally the pelts
(c) To reel in the seals
(d) To skin the seals
5. When did Johansen last write to his mother?
(a) Two years ago
(b) Eight years ago
(c) Ten years ago
(d) Five years ago
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say he has never placed placed proper value upon?
2. What direction does the Ghost now follow?
3. What does Leach ask Hump the bearing for?
4. How does Johansen know his mother his still alive?
5. What does the narrator say Harrison gives the appearance of?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)