|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What French film director directed, L'Argent?
(b) Robert Bresson.
(c) Donatas Banionis.
(d) Igmar Berman.
2. What was Tarkovsky's first feature film?
(b) The Sacrifice.
(c) Ivan's Childhood.
(d) The Killer.
3. What refers to the version of a screenplay that is used during the production of a motion picture?
(a) Shooting script.
(b) Post-production script.
(d) Production script.
4. In what year was Tarkovsky's film Mirror released?
5. Tarkovsky writes in his Introduction that he began jotting notes for the first draft of this book how many years prior?
6. Who wrote the book of short stories, In Our Time?
(a) Mark Allen White.
(b) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) Sir Walter Scott.
7. Tarkovsky writes in the Introduction, "Artistic creation, after all, is not subject to" what?
(a) Absolute laws.
(b) Governmental control.
8. What Irish novelist and poet, considered to be one of the most influential writers in the modernist avant-garde of the early 20th century, is best known for Ulysses?
(a) Sir Walter Scott.
(b) James Joyce.
(c) Samuel Beckett.
(d) Robert Burns.
9. What is the title of Chapter II?
(a) The Beginning.
(b) Art--A Yearning for the Ideal.
(c) Imprinted Time.
(d) The Responsibility of the Artist.
10. For how long did Tarkovsky work on his first feature film?
(a) 8 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 1 year.
11. What does Tarkovsky write will still always be a code standing for a logical deduction in the scientist?
12. How many moras are contained in a haiku?
13. What Italian painter of the Venetian school and contemporary of Raphael does Tarkovsky discuss in Chapter II?
(c) Da Vinci.
14. What hero dies in the end of Ivan's Childhood?
(a) Alexander Kruschev.
(b) Ivan Bondarev.
(c) Lieutenant Galtsev.
(d) Lieutenant-Colonel Gryaznov.
15. Tarkovsky writes of his film, Ivan's Childhood, "The stuff of the narrative was not the heroics of reconnaissance operations, but the interval between" what?
(a) Two conflicts.
(b) Two missions.
(c) Two pauses.
(d) Two stagnations.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the film, Persona, produced?
2. In what year was the film, L'Argent, released?
3. What book of the Bible is quoted in Chapter II in discussing Tarkovsky's Andrey Rublyov?
4. Tarkovsky writes in the Introduction that the public condemned his film Mirror for being "inadmissibly" what?
5. When was the film Andrei Rublev released?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)