|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tarkovsky writes of his film, Ivan's Childhood, "The stuff of the narrative was not the heroics of reconnaissance operations, but the interval between" what?
(a) Two conflicts.
(b) Two missions.
(c) Two pauses.
(d) Two stagnations.
2. Tarkovsky writes in the Introduction, "I realized that I generally came to recognize my own working principles through questioning" what?
(b) What the cinema was capable of.
(d) Established theory.
3. What term means a statement or proposition that seems self-contradictory or absurd, but in reality expresses a possible truth?
4. Of what artist does Tarkovsky write when, "he was dying of hunger went off into the mountains with a home-made bow and arrow to shoot some sort of game" in Chapter I?
(a) Alexander Kruschev.
(b) Leo Tolstoy.
(c) Michail Carwovsky.
(d) Alexander Grin.
5. What French film director directed, L'Argent?
(b) Igmar Berman.
(c) Donatas Banionis.
(d) Robert Bresson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of which French film director does Tarkovsky write of his admiration for concentration?
2. Where did Tarkovsky study film-making?
3. What book of the Bible is quoted in Chapter II in discussing Tarkovsky's Andrey Rublyov?
4. What term does Tarkovsky refer to as meaning "cinema that boldly moves away, in its images, from what is factual and concrete, as pictured by real life, and at the same time affirms its own structural wholeness"?
5. What was the first version of The Sacrifice to be titled initially?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)