|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tarkovsky write will still always be a code standing for a logical deduction in the scientist?
2. Who wrote the book, The Konostasis?
(a) Luis Bunuel.
(b) Andrey Rublyov.
(c) Sergei Eisenstein.
(d) Pavel Florensky.
3. Of what author does Tarkovsky write, "the most interesting characters are outwardly static, but inwardly charged with energy by an overriding passion"?
4. In what year did Tarkovsky die?
5. Tarkovsky claims in Chapter IX that he got the idea for The Sacrifice long before what film?
(b) Ivan's Childhood.
(d) The Killer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Tarkovsky write, "could be said to be a symbol of the universe, being linked with that absolute spiritual truth which is hidden from us in our positivistic, pragmatic activities"?
2. Who wrote in, "A Dialectic Approach to Film Form", that montage is "the nerve of cinema"?
3. Who wrote the book of short stories, In Our Time?
4. Who does Tarkovsky quote as having said, "If you want to enjoy art, you must be artistically educated"?
5. What does Tarkovsky write that all manufacture has to essentially be, in Chapter VI?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)