|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Tarkovsky write, "could be said to be a symbol of the universe, being linked with that absolute spiritual truth which is hidden from us in our positivistic, pragmatic activities"?
2. What does Tarkovsky write "has taken a wrong turn in abandoning the search for the meaning of existence in order to affirm the value of the individual for its own sake"?
(a) Modern art.
(b) The Realistic Movement.
3. Who played the title role in the film, Stalker?
(a) Alexander Blok.
(b) Kenji Mizoguchi.
(c) Alexander Kaidanovsky.
(d) Effendi Kapiyev.
4. Who starred in the film, Persona?
(a) Liv Ullmann.
(b) Elizabeth Poin.
(c) Maria A'delair.
(d) Sara Martinez.
5. When was the film Andrei Rublev released?
Short Answer Questions
1. Tarkovsky claims that In cinema, man's innate drive to what, finds one of its fullest and most direct means of realization?
2. What filming technique did Tarkovsky implement more in The Sacrifice than in any of his other films?
3. How many moras are contained in a haiku?
4. Tarkovsky writes in the Introduction, "Artistic creation, after all, is not subject to" what?
5. In his Conclusion, Tarkovsky compares what artistic mediums of the East and West?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)