|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the film Andrei Rublev released?
2. Who wrote the book, The Konostasis?
(a) Sergei Eisenstein.
(b) Andrey Rublyov.
(c) Pavel Florensky.
(d) Luis Bunuel.
3. What is the title of Chapter VII?
(a) After Nostalgia.
(b) The Author in Search of an Audience.
(c) The Artist's Responsibility.
(d) The Beginning.
4. Tarkovsky claims that In cinema, man's innate drive to what, finds one of its fullest and most direct means of realization?
5. For how long did Tarkovsky work on his first feature film?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 8 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a critical term used for a specific trend of nineteenth-century European literature and associated principally with the name of Zola?
2. What word does Tarkovsky refer to as meaning: an artistic image means an aesthetic acceptance of the beautiful, on an emotional or even supra-emotional level?
3. What artist, born in the 1360s, is considered to be the greatest medieval Russian painter of Orthodox icons and frescoes?
4. In Chapter VI, Tarkovsky writes, "Devoid of spirituality, art carries its own ____ within it."
5. Where was the film, Nostalgia, shot?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)