|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word means a figure in which the name of one thing is used in place of another that is suggested by or associated with it (e.g. the Kremlin for "the Russian government")?
2. What does Tarkovsky claim to do about a film once he has completed working on it?
(a) Never sees it.
(b) Stops thinking about it.
(c) Dwells on it.
(d) Re-edits it.
3. In what year was the film, Nostalgia, produced?
4. What does Tarkovsky claim an artist never truly is, in Chapter VI?
5. What film did the woman civil engineer from Leningrad write to Tarkovsky about in the Introduction?
(b) The Sacrifice.
(d) The Mirror.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Russian novelist wrote War and Peace and Anna Karenina?
2. Tarkovsky writes of his film, Ivan's Childhood, "The stuff of the narrative was not the heroics of reconnaissance operations, but the interval between" what?
3. Who played the title role in the film, Stalker?
4. What term is used to describe the design aspects of a theater or film production, both in visually artful ways through storyboarding, cinematography, stage design, and direction?
5. Tarkovsky writes in the Introduction that the public condemned his film Mirror for being "inadmissibly" what?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)