|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter VII?
(a) After Nostalgia.
(b) The Author in Search of an Audience.
(c) The Artist's Responsibility.
(d) The Beginning.
2. While making which film was Tarkovsky unsure whether his calling was as a film director?
(a) Ivan's Childhood.
(d) The Mirror.
3. What novelist wrote The Possessed?
(a) Alexander Marsh.
(b) Anton Chekhov.
(c) Leo Tolstoy.
(d) Fyodor Dostoevsky.
4. In what year was the film Solaris produced?
5. When was the film, Arrival of a Train at La Ciotat Station, produced?
Short Answer Questions
1. Tarkovsky claims to be against structuralist attempts to look at a _________ as a sign of something else.
2. What word means a figure in which the name of one thing is used in place of another that is suggested by or associated with it (e.g. the Kremlin for "the Russian government")?
3. What Soviet filmmaker and film theorist is arguably the very first film theorist, as he was a leader in Soviet montage theory?
4. What word refers to the falling action of a narrative in film?
5. What notable Russian actor and director developed the most widely used method of acting today?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)