|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The woman's letter discussing words and language in the Introduction cites which Shakespearean play?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) Julius Caesar.
2. What does Tarkovsky claim "is like a kind of culture medium that is destroyed when it is no longer needed, once the links are severed between the individual personality, and the conditions of existence"?
3. In Chapter IV, Tarkovsky writes that "anyone who decides to become a director is risking" what?
(a) Their past.
(b) Their family security.
(c) Their happiness.
(d) The rest of their lives.
4. What is a critical term used for a specific trend of nineteenth-century European literature and associated principally with the name of Zola?
5. In what year did Tarkovsky produce Ivan's Childhood?
Short Answer Questions
1. What director's cinematic version of Macbeth is discussed in Chapter V?
2. What Russian author wrote the short story, The Forged Coupon?
3. What well-known Soviet and Russian actor and clown starred in many popular films and played Patrikey, Cathedral Treasurer, in Audrey Rublyov?
4. What does Tarkovsky write will still always be a code standing for a logical deduction in the scientist?
5. What term means a statement or proposition that seems self-contradictory or absurd, but in reality expresses a possible truth?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)