|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long did Tarkovsky work on his first feature film?
(a) 8 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 6 years.
2. Tarkovsky states in Chapter III that cause and effect are mutually, what?
3. Tarkovsky states that cinema's unique aspect is this capturing and shaping of what?
4. Tarkovsky writes of his film, Ivan's Childhood, "The stuff of the narrative was not the heroics of reconnaissance operations, but the interval between" what?
(a) Two missions.
(b) Two stagnations.
(c) Two pauses.
(d) Two conflicts.
5. Who wrote the book of short stories, In Our Time?
(a) Sir Walter Scott.
(b) Mark Allen White.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tarkovsky writes in the Introduction, "My most fervent wish has always been to be able to speak out in my films, to say everything with total sincerity and without imposing my own ____ on others."
2. What was the last of Tarkovsky's student films, while at the Institute?
3. Trokovsky writes in Chapter III that cinema is said to be a _____ art.
4. When was the film Andrei Rublev released?
5. Tarkovsky concludes the Introduction by stating, "The corpus of theory relating to cinema is still" what?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)