|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter II?
(a) Art--A Yearning for the Ideal.
(b) The Responsibility of the Artist.
(c) The Beginning.
(d) Imprinted Time.
2. What word does Tarkovsky refer to as meaning: an artistic image means an aesthetic acceptance of the beautiful, on an emotional or even supra-emotional level?
3. Who wrote in, "A Dialectic Approach to Film Form", that montage is "the nerve of cinema"?
(a) Sergei Eisenstein.
(b) Luis Bunuel.
(c) Donatas Banionis.
(d) Andrey Rublyov.
4. Tarkovsky states in Chapter III that cause and effect are mutually, what?
5. Whom does Tarkovsky write about in Chapter II who believed the poet had the gift of prophecy?
(a) Effendi Kapiyev.
(b) Alexander Blok.
(d) Alexander Dovzhenko.
Short Answer Questions
1. The setting of Ivan's Childhood is during what war?
2. Tarkovsky writes in the Introduction that the public condemned his film Mirror for being "inadmissibly" what?
3. What word means a figure in which the name of one thing is used in place of another that is suggested by or associated with it (e.g. the Kremlin for "the Russian government")?
4. What notable Russian actor and director developed the most widely used method of acting today?
5. For how long did Tarkovsky work on his first feature film?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)