|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book of the Bible is quoted in Chapter II in discussing Tarkovsky's Andrey Rublyov?
(a) I Cor 13, 1-16.
(b) I Cor 10, 1-8.
(c) I Cor 15, 1-4.
(d) I Gen, 12. 2-4.
2. Tarkovsky writes that, "From the very moment when Eve ate the apple from the tree of knowledge, mankind was doomed to strive endlessly after" what?
3. What central character of The Possessed is quoted in the beginning of Chapter III?
4. In what year did Tarkovsky die?
5. What Italian painter of the Venetian school and contemporary of Raphael does Tarkovsky discuss in Chapter II?
(b) Da Vinci.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tarkovsky quote in having said that, "the poet creates harmony out of chaos"?
2. Tarkovsky writes of his film, Ivan's Childhood, "The stuff of the narrative was not the heroics of reconnaissance operations, but the interval between" what?
3. What French novelist, critic, and essayist best known for his monumental In Search of Lost Time is discussed by Tarkovsky in Chapter III?
4. What Irish novelist and poet, considered to be one of the most influential writers in the modernist avant-garde of the early 20th century, is best known for Ulysses?
5. What was the last of Tarkovsky's student films, while at the Institute?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)