|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tarkovsky writes in Chapter II, "Art does not think logically, or formulate a logic of behaviour; it expresses its own postulate of ____."
2. Tarkovsky writes in the Introduction, "I realized that I generally came to recognize my own working principles through questioning" what?
(c) What the cinema was capable of.
(d) Established theory.
3. What film did the woman civil engineer from Leningrad write to Tarkovsky about in the Introduction?
(a) The Sacrifice.
(c) The Mirror.
4. Tarkovsky writes in the Introduction that the public condemned his film Mirror for being "inadmissibly" what?
5. A member of what institute sent Tarkovsky a notice published in their wall newspaper stating that the appearance of Tarkovsky's film, Mirror, aroused wide interest in his institute as it did all
(a) Institute of Medicine in Ukraine.
(b) Institute of Physics of the Academy of Sciences.
(c) University of Moscow.
(d) Institute of Cinematography at Moscow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the last of Tarkovsky's student films, while at the Institute?
2. When was Tarkovsky born?
3. What word means a figure in which the name of one thing is used in place of another that is suggested by or associated with it (e.g. the Kremlin for "the Russian government")?
4. What book of the Bible is quoted in Chapter II in discussing Tarkovsky's Andrey Rublyov?
5. In what year did Tarkovsky die?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)