|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the first of Tarkovsky's student films?
(a) The Killers.
(d) The Sacrifice.
2. What Russian novelist wrote War and Peace and Anna Karenina?
(b) Leo Tolstoy.
3. When was the film Andrei Rublev released?
4. What word does Tarkovsky refer to as meaning: an artistic image means an aesthetic acceptance of the beautiful, on an emotional or even supra-emotional level?
5. Tarkovsky writes in the Introduction, "My most fervent wish has always been to be able to speak out in my films, to say everything with total sincerity and without imposing my own ____ on others."
(a) Point of view.
(d) Understanding and love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word refers to the falling action of a narrative in film?
2. Tarkovsky writes in his Introduction that he began jotting notes for the first draft of this book how many years prior?
3. The woman's letter discussing words and language in the Introduction cites which Shakespearean play?
4. What term is used to describe the design aspects of a theater or film production, both in visually artful ways through storyboarding, cinematography, stage design, and direction?
5. In what film does the Editor's note that is added in the commentary in this edition, appear as it was Tarkovsky's final film?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)