|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Tarkovsky write, "could be said to be a symbol of the universe, being linked with that absolute spiritual truth which is hidden from us in our positivistic, pragmatic activities"?
2. In Chapter VI, Tarkovsky writes, "Devoid of spirituality, art carries its own ____ within it."
3. What director's cinematic version of Macbeth is discussed in Chapter V?
4. What artist claimed "no acclaim could please me more than to have ordinary working people wanting to hang my lithographs in their rooms or their workshops"?
(a) Leonardo da Vinci.
(b) Vincent Van Gogh.
5. What French novelist, critic, and essayist best known for his monumental In Search of Lost Time is discussed by Tarkovsky in Chapter III?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the book Images?
2. What is the name of the central character in Nostalgia?
3. While making which film was Tarkovsky unsure whether his calling was as a film director?
4. For how long did Tarkovsky work on his first feature film?
5. Who is the author of War and Peace?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)