|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Italian author, artist, architect, poet, priest, linguist, philosopher, and cryptographer, and general Renaissance humanist developed the optical laws of the Renaissance?
(a) Leon Battista Alberti.
(d) Leonardo da Vinci.
2. Who is quoted as having said, "'Life is more fantastic than any fiction" in Chapter V?
3. Tarkovsky concludes the Introduction by stating, "The corpus of theory relating to cinema is still" what?
4. When was the film, Arrival of a Train at La Ciotat Station, produced?
5. When was the film, Mirror, released?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was the film, Nostalgia, produced?
2. What German composer, organist, harpsichordist, violist, and violinist does Tarkovsky discuss alongside Leonardo da Vinci in Chapter V?
3. Who wrote the book Images?
4. What novelist wrote The Possessed?
5. What does Tarkovsky write "has taken a wrong turn in abandoning the search for the meaning of existence in order to affirm the value of the individual for its own sake"?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)