|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the short story upon which Ivan's Childhood was based?
(a) Alexander Kruschev.
(b) Evgeny Zharikov.
(c) Vladimir Bogomolov.
(d) Ivan Bondarev.
2. What is the name of the central character in Nostalgia?
(a) Andrei Gorchakov.
(b) Vyacheslav Ivanov.
(d) Vassily Zhukovsky.
3. Where was the film, Nostalgia, shot?
4. Tarkovsky points to whose portrait, "A Young Lady With a Juniper", as a masterpiece of art?
(b) Leonardo Da Vinci's.
5. In Chapter IV, Tarkovsky writes that "anyone who decides to become a director is risking" what?
(a) The rest of their lives.
(b) Their happiness.
(c) Their family security.
(d) Their past.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Italian painter of the Venetian school and contemporary of Raphael does Tarkovsky discuss in Chapter II?
2. What genre of art does Tarkovsky claim is, The Sacrifice?
3. What word does Tarkovsky refer to as meaning: an artistic image means an aesthetic acceptance of the beautiful, on an emotional or even supra-emotional level?
4. In what year did Tarkovsky produce Ivan's Childhood?
5. Who directed and produced the film, Arrival of a Train at La Ciotat Station?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)