|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tarkovsky writes in his Introduction that he began jotting notes for the first draft of this book how many years prior?
2. Tarkovsky writes in the Introduction, "Artistic creation, after all, is not subject to" what?
(b) Governmental control.
(d) Absolute laws.
3. Tarkovsky writes of his film, Ivan's Childhood, "The stuff of the narrative was not the heroics of reconnaissance operations, but the interval between" what?
(a) Two missions.
(b) Two conflicts.
(c) Two stagnations.
(d) Two pauses.
4. What refers to the version of a screenplay that is used during the production of a motion picture?
(a) Post-production script.
(c) Shooting script.
(d) Production script.
5. Who directed and produced the film, Arrival of a Train at La Ciotat Station?
(a) Samuel Beckett.
(b) Ingmar Bergman.
(c) Auguste Lumiere.
(d) Francois Indriut.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Tarkovsky in Chapter I, "When a writer and a director have different aesthetic starting points, compromise is" what?
2. What term is used to describe the design aspects of a theater or film production, both in visually artful ways through storyboarding, cinematography, stage design, and direction?
3. Tarkovsky quotes a woman from where, who wrote to say she'd seen Mirror four times in the previous week, in the Introduction?
4. What word does Tarkovsky refer to as meaning: an artistic image means an aesthetic acceptance of the beautiful, on an emotional or even supra-emotional level?
5. Who does Tarkovsky quote in having said that, "the poet creates harmony out of chaos"?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)