|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter II?
(a) Imprinted Time.
(b) Art--A Yearning for the Ideal.
(c) The Responsibility of the Artist.
(d) The Beginning.
2. Tarkovsky states that cinema's unique aspect is this capturing and shaping of what?
3. For how long did Tarkovsky work on his first feature film?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 8 months.
4. What novelist wrote The Possessed?
(a) Fyodor Dostoevsky.
(b) Leo Tolstoy.
(c) Alexander Marsh.
(d) Anton Chekhov.
5. When was Tarkovsky born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what author does Tarkovsky write, "the most interesting characters are outwardly static, but inwardly charged with energy by an overriding passion"?
2. Tarkovsky concludes the Introduction by stating, "The corpus of theory relating to cinema is still" what?
3. What French novelist, critic, and essayist best known for his monumental In Search of Lost Time is discussed by Tarkovsky in Chapter III?
4. The setting of Ivan's Childhood is during what war?
5. What Irish novelist and poet, considered to be one of the most influential writers in the modernist avant-garde of the early 20th century, is best known for Ulysses?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)