|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What French novelist, critic, and essayist best known for his monumental In Search of Lost Time is discussed by Tarkovsky in Chapter III?
2. What hero dies in the end of Ivan's Childhood?
(a) Lieutenant Galtsev.
(b) Lieutenant-Colonel Gryaznov.
(c) Ivan Bondarev.
(d) Alexander Kruschev.
3. Tarkovsky writes that, "From the very moment when Eve ate the apple from the tree of knowledge, mankind was doomed to strive endlessly after" what?
4. When was Tarkovsky born?
5. Whom does Tarkovsky write about in Chapter II who believed the poet had the gift of prophecy?
(a) Effendi Kapiyev.
(b) Alexander Blok.
(d) Alexander Dovzhenko.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Tarkovsky in Chapter I, "When a writer and a director have different aesthetic starting points, compromise is" what?
2. Tarkovsky writes in the Introduction, "Artistic creation, after all, is not subject to" what?
3. Who does Tarkovsky quote in having said that, "the poet creates harmony out of chaos"?
4. What refers to the version of a screenplay that is used during the production of a motion picture?
5. Who wrote in, "A Dialectic Approach to Film Form", that montage is "the nerve of cinema"?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)