|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the poems upon which the film, Mirror, was loosely based?
(a) Evgeny Zharikov.
(b) Margarita Terekhova.
(c) Nikolai Grinko.
(d) Arseny Tarkovsky.
2. What is the title of Chapter VIII?
(a) The Mirror.
(c) The Sacrifice.
(d) After Nostalgia.
3. What Russian serf composer appears in Nostalgia?
(b) Vassily Zhukovsky.
(d) Vyacheslav Ivanov.
4. What Roman poet is best known as the author of the three major collections of erotic poetry: Heroides, Amores, and Ars Amatoria?
5. What word does Tarkovsky refer to as meaning: an artistic image means an aesthetic acceptance of the beautiful, on an emotional or even supra-emotional level?
Short Answer Questions
1. What Soviet filmmaker and film theorist is arguably the very first film theorist, as he was a leader in Soviet montage theory?
2. Tarkovsky claims that _______ and beauty are contained within each other.
3. What is the name of the central character in Nostalgia?
4. In Russian, 'Forgive me', is spoken how?
5. What German composer, organist, harpsichordist, violist, and violinist does Tarkovsky discuss alongside Leonardo da Vinci in Chapter V?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)