|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kaitlin realize about the land Bram shows her?
(a) It is polluted land
(b) It is traversed by a rail line
(c) It is land her father wanted to buy
(d) It belongs to the Malones
2. What does Mrs. Flannery talk to Kaitlin about in Chapter 15?
(a) Mrs.Flannery's nephew, Rick
(b) Kaitlin's boyfriend
(c) Books about local history
(d) College scholarships
3. What does Kaitlin tell Bram she needs to do in Chapter 10?
(a) Talk to him
(b) Change schools
(c) Help on the farm
(d) Not see him for a while
4. Who is Allison?
(a) Bram's mother
(b) Bram's sister
(c) Becky's sister
(d) Kaitlin's classmate
5. How does Kaitlin think Bram will react when she tells him the truth about her identity?
(a) She thinks he will be devastated
(b) She thinks he will laugh and dump her
(c) She thinks he will understand
(d) She thinks he will be angry
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bram want to go to college for?
2. What school level is Josh in?
3. What excuse does Kaitlin give Bram for slapping him?
4. How does Kaitlin get away from Bram in Chapter 6?
5. What does Kaitlin struggle with in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Allison Crutchfield tell Kaitlin about the old Crutchfield documents?
2. What excuse does Kaitlin give for abruptly leaving Bram?
3. What does Kaitlin do when she finds out who Bram is?
4. When and how did the feud between the Crutchfields and Malones begin?
5. What makes Kaitlin uncomfortable in Chapter 5?
6. Why does Kaitlin initially dismiss the idea of going to college?
7. What has Kaitlin begun to lose in Chapter 12?
8. What does Kaitlin find in Bram's garage?
9. What does Bram tell Kaitlin about his father in Chapter 8?
10. What is the significance of the signature Bram's portrait?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)