|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which family does Kaitlin’s family hate?
(a) The Crutchfields
(b) The Chesterfields
(c) The Hatfields
(d) The Crawleys
2. What does Kaitlin do with the portrait at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) She throws it away
(b) She gives it to her mother
(c) She hugs it
(d) She returns it
3. What does Kaitlin say her last name is in Chapter 7?
4. Who is Jack?
(a) Kaitlin's uncle
(b) Garner's accountant
(c) Allison's father
(d) Bram's uncle
5. What document does Kaitlin find in Chapter 11?
(a) An old diary
(b) A bill
(c) A university degree
(d) A land deed
Short Answer Questions
1. What have the Bookends discovered about Kaitlin?
2. What is the name of the new foreman at Kaitlin's family farm?
3. What does Kaitlin’s mother announce over dinner in Chapter 3?
4. What do Bram and Kaitlin do together in Chapter 11?
5. What does Kaitlin notice about Bram in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kaitlin do when she finds out who Bram is?
2. Why does Kaitlin initially dismiss the idea of going to college?
3. What does Bram ask of Kaitlin in Chapter 4?
4. When and how did the feud between the Crutchfields and Malones begin?
5. What is the most recent event to have caused strife between the Malone and Crutchfield families?
6. What does Bram show Kaitlin from his backyard?
7. What do The Bookends confront Kaitlin with in Chapter 16? What must she do as a result?
8. Who is Mrs. Flannery, and what does she tell Kaitlin about in Chapter 14?
9. Who does Kaitlin notice while she is writing in her journal, and what does she wonder about him?
10. What does Bram tell Kaitlin about his father in Chapter 8?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)