|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Screwjack," the narrator pleaded to God, saying, "I am guilty, Lord, but I am also a __________."
2. What did the narrator do just before throwing Mr. Screwjack into the cold?
(a) Licked him.
(b) Punched him.
(c) Kissed him.
(d) Kicked him.
3. What was the magnification of the second narrator's spectacles in "Screwjack"?
4. How many years after Mr. Screwjack's disappearance did the narrator encounter him again?
5. In the opening of "Screwjack," the letter is described as having been written how many days before "his" disappearance?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pounds did Mr. Screwjack weigh the second time the narrator had encountered him?
2. When did the car rental employee say she was going to move in "Death of a Poet"?
3. In the closing of his letter, whom did the narrator ask the Lord to keep off his back?
4. Where was the narrator's tattoo located?
5. The address given to Thompson by the poet was located behind ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What image did the narrator imagine of Leach's neighbors in "Death of a Poet"?
2. What surprise news did Leach break on the narrator in "Death of a Poet"?
3. How long was Screwjack gone before returning to Duke? What was he like?
4. What did the second narrator do to Screwjack?
5. What was the critical and public reaction to the collection of stories in Screw-jack?
6. How does the narrative point of view change in "Screwjack"?
7. Where had the narrator arrived in "Death of a Poet"? What did he see upon arrival?
8. What was the significance of the bet in "Death of a Poet"?
9. What lines open "Death of a Poet"? To whom are they attributed?
10. What did Screwjack do to the second narrator?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)