|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Mescalito," if Thompson could get up and go to the bathroom, he would like to get a towel to hang over __________.
(a) The window.
(b) The television.
(c) The door.
(d) The balcony.
2. Thompson tried to focus on the sound of what musical instrument between ads during his trip in "Mescalito"?
3. What were the police and ambulances scrambling toward as Thompson watched in the beginning of "Mescalito"?
(a) The L.A. Club.
(c) Studio 54.
(d) Whiskytown Go Go.
4. To whom is the letter in the Introduction addressed?
5. Where did Thompson write of people howling over late deadlines in "Mescalito"?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date of the first entry of "Mescalito"?
2. In "Mescalito," what did Thompson describe as an unbearable experience that would blow the top right off his head?
3. Who was a civil rights activist, a leader of the American civil rights movement of the 1940s, '50s and '60s, and the initiator and organizer of the 1961 Freedom Ride which eventually led to the desegregation of interstate busing in the United states?
4. What did Thompson write he thought should be last in order in the Introduction?
5. In "Mescalito," what part of Thompson's body had muscle spasms?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what radio station did Thompson vow to send a check? Why?
2. What did Thompson lament about his work in the entry from February 18 in "Mescalito"?
3. What scene did Thompson write of having witnessed with the police?
4. From where was Thompson facing deadline drama in "Mescalito"?
5. How did Thompson feel about the hotel workers in "Mescalito"?
6. What scene on the Pacific Coast Highway did Thompson describe in "Mescalito"?
7. What did Thompson believe the typewriter indicator looked like in "Mescalito"?
8. How did Thompson describe the imagery as he began to peak? What did the typewriter look like?
9. To whom did Thompson make a phone call in "Mescalito"? Why?
10. What combination of drugs had Thompson taken?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)