|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does "Mescalito" begin?
2. What Hawaiian word for "thank you" did Thompson write in the Introduction?
3. For how long had Thompson been chased and tormented by giant radioactive creatures in the Introduction?
(a) 22 weeks.
(b) 36 weeks.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 5 weeks.
4. What did Thompson write he didn't miss at all, most days, in the Introduction?
(a) His cat.
(b) His lover.
(c) His wife.
(d) His memory.
5. What did Thompson claim he was not in his letter in the Introduction?
(a) A sane man.
(b) A classical writer.
(c) A chaste nun.
(d) A brainless whore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drug did Thompson equate mescaline as being very much like in "Mescalito"?
2. In the Introduction, where was Thompson placed after his escape?
3. In "Mescalito," if Thompson could get up and go to the bathroom, he would like to get a towel to hang over __________.
4. What did Thompson write he now had a fifth of in the beginning of "Mescalito"?
5. What did Thompson claim in the Introduction was what "we must deal with" today?
Short Essay Questions
1. What combination of drugs had Thompson taken?
2. What was Thompson able to do with extraordinary speed and precision while tripping?
3. What did Thompson write about Alfie's?
4. From where was Thompson facing deadline drama in "Mescalito"?
5. How did Thompson describe the imagery as he began to peak? What did the typewriter look like?
6. What holiday was approaching in "Mescalito"? What advertisements did Thompson hear regarding the holiday?
7. How did Thompson feel about the hotel workers in "Mescalito"?
8. Who was James Farmer? Why was he on the news in "Mescalito"?
9. What happened to Thompson's concentration as the trip continued?
10. What conflicts did Thompson face in "Mescalito" after his drug trip began?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)