|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Thompson, "Singer sewing time is ____ minutes until eight o'clock."
2. In "Mescalito" Thompson wrote, "Yesterday a dope freak tried to steal the Goodyear blimp and take it to ______________."
(c) San Francisco.
3. In what city did Thompson write that Nixon had ordered the Condor Legion?
(a) San Francisco, CA.
(b) New York, NY.
(c) Berkely, CA.
(d) Los Angeles, CA.
4. What drug did Thompson equate mescaline as being very much like in "Mescalito"?
5. Thompson wrote in the Introduction that it was as though in a previous life he had been a ______________.
(a) Washing woman.
(b) Earle of Denver.
(d) Spotted trout.
Short Answer Questions
1. What date is the second entry of "Mescalito"?
2. In "Mescalito," what did Thompson describe as an unbearable experience that would blow the top right off his head?
3. While waiting for Oscar in "Mescalito," how many hours did Thompson have to catch a plane?
4. What did Thompson claim he was not in his letter in the Introduction?
5. Thompson wrote he had been chased and tormented by what huge radioactive creatures in the Introduction?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Thompson write about Alfie's?
2. What conflicts did Thompson face in "Mescalito" after his drug trip began?
3. How did Thompson attempt to maintain a grip on reality in "Mescalito"? What were his results?
4. To whom did Thompson make a phone call in "Mescalito"? Why?
5. Who passed below Thompson's hotel room in "Mescalito"? What interaction did they have?
6. What interactions had Thompson had with the Hell's Angels? When was this cited in "Mescalito"?
7. What combination of drugs had Thompson taken?
8. What metaphor did Thompson made in describing his brain while tripping?
9. What was Thompson able to do with extraordinary speed and precision while tripping?
10. How did Thompson feel about the hotel workers in "Mescalito"?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)