|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what floor was Thompson staying in "Mescalito"?
2. What did Thompson claim he was not in his letter in the Introduction?
(a) A brainless whore.
(b) A classical writer.
(c) A chaste nun.
(d) A sane man.
3. According to a sales jingle quoted by Thompson, "We cannot tell a lie, our machines will ___ you into a bag so fast you'll think you went blind."
4. What veteran CBS journalist did Thompson describe as being condescending in "Mescalito"?
(a) James Farmer.
(b) Walter Cronkite.
(c) Jimmy Carter.
(d) George Herman.
5. What park did Thompson feel he was looking at in "Mescalito"?
(a) Cauley Park.
(b) Grant Park.
(c) Bryant Park.
(d) Central Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Mescalito," Thompson described his drug trip as "a buzzing without noise, high-speed vibrations and more ___________."
2. Thompson wrote in "Mescalito" that the little red indicator that moves along with the ball on the typewriter appeared to be made of _________.
3. What kind of music did Thompson describe on the radio while tripping in "Mescalito"?
4. What did Thompson consider mixing with ice fragments to drink in "Mescalito"?
5. Thompson wrote about _______________singing White Rabbit in "Mescalito."
Short Essay Questions
1. What interactions had Thompson had with the Hell's Angels? When was this cited in "Mescalito"?
2. What happened to the flower children in "Mescalito"?
3. To whom did Thompson make a phone call in "Mescalito"? Why?
4. From where was Thompson facing deadline drama in "Mescalito"?
5. What combination of drugs had Thompson taken?
6. What metaphor did Thompson made in describing his brain while tripping?
7. What did Thompson write about Alfie's?
8. What scene did Thompson write of having witnessed with the police?
9. What conflicts did Thompson face in "Mescalito" after his drug trip began?
10. What scene on the Pacific Coast Highway did Thompson describe in "Mescalito"?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)