|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the opening of "Screwjack," the letter is described as having been written how many days before "his" disappearance?
2. Mr. Screwjack had eaten the last of ______________at the beginning of "Screwjack."
(a) The tuna.
(b) The caviar.
(c) The salmon.
(d) The chicken.
3. In the end of his letter in "Screwjack," the narrator asked who might look on him and say that he "was wrong for loving a huge black ___________."
4. What car rental counter did Thompson go to in "Death of a Poet"?
5. The dawn in the beginning of "Screwjack" is described as cold and ____________.
6. What was the magnification of the second narrator's spectacles in "Screwjack"?
7. What was Leach wearing when he answered the door in "Death of a Poet"?
(a) A terrycloth bathrobe.
(b) A cowhide bathrobe.
(c) A wool bathrobe.
(d) An alpaca wool bathrobe.
8. What does the narrator describe as having been so loud it made them both tremble when Mr. Screwjack was thrown out?
(a) His purr.
(b) His growl.
(c) His sign.
(d) His meow.
9. Who had given Thompson the numbers he'd used to place his bets?
(d) His father.
10. Where did Mr. Screwjack try to coax the narrator after dinner?
(b) To the kitchen.
(c) To the living room.
(d) To the bedroom.
11. What was the woman at the car rental counter doing when Thompson arrived?
(a) Talking on the phone to her boyfriend.
(b) Laughing uncontrollably.
(c) Talking on the phone to her mother.
(d) Weeping uncontrollably.
12. Thompson was anxious to see ______________and celebrate a victory in "Death of a Poet"?
13. What is the tunnel made of in the poem which opens "Death of a Poet"?
14. What kind of car was in the yard with a "cold silver grille"?
15. Which team did Leach bet on in "Death of a Poet"?
(a) Green Bay Packers.
(b) Kansas City Chiefs.
(c) Dallas Cowboys.
(d) Seattle Seahawks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the narrator's tattoo located?
2. The address given to Thompson by the poet was located behind ______________.
3. At the beginning of the story, how is Mr. Screwjack described?
4. According to the narrator, where did someone go after Real Estate School?
5. Where was Hunter S. Thompson born?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)