|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where did the second narrator receive a call full of political news in "Screwjack"?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) Santa Barbara.
(d) Washington, D.C.
2. What did the narrator do just before throwing Mr. Screwjack into the cold?
(a) Punched him.
(b) Licked him.
(c) Kicked him.
(d) Kissed him.
3. According to "Screwjack's" narrator, what "drove me crazy as I carried him in my arms to the front door"?
(a) His screeching.
(b) His crying.
(c) His whining.
(d) His sighing.
4. Leach told Thompson in "Death of a Poet" that he had changed his bet, gotten drunk, and ________________.
(a) Tripled the bet.
(b) Canceled the bet.
(c) Sold his car.
(d) Doubled up.
5. What did Leach tell Thompson he was about to do when he arrived?
(a) Slit his wrists.
(b) Take a shower.
(c) Go to the store.
(d) Make breakfast.
6. What initials close the letter in "Screwjack"?
(b) Hunter S. Thompson.
(c) R. Duke.
7. The second narrator in "Screwjack" described grabbing the animal and squeezing him like a __________.
8. Upon what had the narrator drooled, according to his prayer in "Screwjack"?
(c) High Priests.
(d) Prison walls.
9. In the opening of "Screwjack," the letter is described as having been written how many days before "his" disappearance?
10. Where was Hunter S. Thompson born?
(a) Birmingham, AL.
(b) Lexington, VA.
(c) Louisville, KY.
(d) Washington, D.C.
11. The poem at the beginning of "Death of a Poet" describes a coffin of __________.
12. How does the writer sleep in the poem which opens "Death of a Poet"?
13. The second narrator told Screwjack that he was no better than that punk who fell for _____________.
14. How many pounds did Mr. Screwjack weigh the second time the narrator had encountered him?
15. In "Screwjack," the narrator pleaded to God, saying, "I am guilty, Lord, but I am also a __________."
Short Answer Questions
1. The dawn in the beginning of "Screwjack" is described as cold and ____________.
2. Which car did the woman at the car rental counter tell Thompson to take?
3. Where did Mr. Screwjack bite the second narrator as he was petting him?
4. What does the writer do in the tunnel in the poem which opens "Death of a Poet"?
5. What had Thompson and his friend recently bet on in "Death of a Poet"?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)