|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer do in the tunnel in the poem which opens "Death of a Poet"?
2. What sporting event had just taken place in "Death of a Poet"?
(a) World Series.
(c) Stanley Cup.
3. Where was the narrator's tattoo located?
(a) His back.
(b) His shoulder.
(c) His forearm.
(d) His chest.
4. Who had given Thompson the numbers he'd used to place his bets?
(b) His father.
5. How many years after Mr. Screwjack's disappearance did the narrator encounter him again?
6. What did Mr. Screwjack give the narrator "under the chin"?
(a) Head job.
(b) Purr fest.
(c) Love bite.
(d) Wicked bite.
7. The address given to Thompson by his friend turned out to be a_____________.
(c) Trailer park.
(d) Apartment complex.
8. Thompson was anxious to see ______________and celebrate a victory in "Death of a Poet"?
9. Who had beaten the Packers in "Death of a Poet"?
(a) Miami Dolphins.
(b) Dallas Cowboys.
(c) Kansas City Chiefs.
(d) Denver Broncos.
10. Leach's wife had gone to the store for ___________.
(a) Wild Turkey.
11. What had Thompson and his friend recently bet on in "Death of a Poet"?
(a) The World Cup.
(b) The Superbowl.
(c) The Kentucky Derby.
(d) The Stanley Cup.
12. In the opening of "Screwjack," the letter is described as having been written how many days before "his" disappearance?
13. What was the name of Leach's "punching bag" in "Death of a Poet"?
14. What was the magnification of the second narrator's spectacles in "Screwjack"?
15. The second narrator in "Screwjack" described grabbing the animal and squeezing him like a __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Thompson begin looking for in the kitchen after seeing the woman?
2. In what establishment was Thompson in the beginning of "Death of a Poet"?
3. What is the tunnel made of in the poem which opens "Death of a Poet"?
4. What was Leach wearing when he answered the door in "Death of a Poet"?
5. The poem at the beginning of "Death of a Poet" describes a coffin of __________.
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)