|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the police and ambulances scrambling toward as Thompson watched in the beginning of "Mescalito"?
(a) Whiskytown Go Go.
(b) The L.A. Club.
(d) Studio 54.
2. What did Thompson write he thought should be last in order in the Introduction?
(a) Death of a Poet.
(b) Fear and Loathing.
3. Thompson wrote in the letter in the Introduction that he had been unable to be contacted by anyone but whom?
(a) The Doctors.
(b) The Holtz family.
(c) The Animals.
(d) The Bushmen.
4. Thompson wrote while under the influence of mescaline that there was not much connection between his head and his ________.
5. While waiting for Oscar in "Mescalito," how many hours did Thompson have to catch a plane?
6. Thompson warned himself to stay away from ___________ during his mescaline trip in "Mescalito."
(a) The bed.
(b) The phone.
(c) The carpet.
(d) The lamp post.
7. What kind of beer was Thompson drinking during his mescaline trip in "Mescalito"?
8. In the Introduction, where was Thompson placed after his escape?
(a) A Decompression Chamber.
(b) A mental institution.
(c) A holding cell.
(d) An enforced labor camp.
9. What did Thompson claim he was not in his letter in the Introduction?
(a) A chaste nun.
(b) A classical writer.
(c) A brainless whore.
(d) A sane man.
10. When did Thompson write that "it started" in his letter in the Introduction?
(a) Valentine's Day.
(d) Groundhog Day.
11. What did Thompson write he didn't miss at all, most days, in the Introduction?
(a) His memory.
(b) His wife.
(c) His lover.
(d) His cat.
12. In "Mescalito" Thompson wrote, "Yesterday a dope freak tried to steal the Goodyear blimp and take it to ______________."
(d) San Francisco.
13. What did Thompson back on the balcony to get while waiting for Oscar in "Mescalito"?
(a) The beer.
(b) The pills.
(c) The vodka.
(d) The ice bucket.
14. Thompson wrote he had been chased and tormented by what huge radioactive creatures in the Introduction?
(b) Red foxes.
15. In the opening of "Mescalito" Thompson was full of pills, club sandwiches, and _____________.
(a) Jack Daniels.
(b) Evan Williams.
(c) Old Crow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Thompson claim in the Introduction was what "we must deal with" today?
2. According to the Introduction, what was Thompson going to murder in his backyard?
3. According to Thompson, "Singer sewing time is ____ minutes until eight o'clock."
4. What time did Thompson write it was at the beginning of his second entry of "Mescalito"?
5. To whom is the letter in the Introduction addressed?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)