|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city did Thompson write that Nixon had ordered the Condor Legion?
(a) New York, NY.
(b) Los Angeles, CA.
(c) Berkely, CA.
(d) San Francisco, CA.
2. What did Thompson back on the balcony to get while waiting for Oscar in "Mescalito"?
(a) The pills.
(b) The vodka.
(c) The beer.
(d) The ice bucket.
3. In "Mescalito," what was "adjusting to this new stimulus like an old soldier ambushed and panicked for a moment"?
(a) The spirit.
(b) The brain.
(c) The body.
(d) The soul.
4. How many flower children walked below Thompson's window and waved at him in "Mescalito"?
5. According to Thompson, how high above his feet was his head while tripping in "Mescalito"?
(a) 20 feet.
(b) 40 feet.
(c) 10 feet.
(d) 3 feet.
6. What did Thompson write he could do much faster than normal while under the effects of mescaline in "Mescalito"?
7. What date is the second entry of "Mescalito"?
(a) February 19.
(b) March 12.
(c) February 18.
(d) February 20.
8. What did Thompson claim in the Introduction was what "we must deal with" today?
(a) The Book.
(b) The episode.
(c) The police.
(d) The hospital.
9. What kind of car did the flower children end up getting into in "Mescalito"?
(a) A pickup truck.
(b) A beetle.
(c) A taxi.
(d) A bus.
10. To whom is the letter in the Introduction addressed?
11. In "Mescalito," Thompson described his drug trip as "a buzzing without noise, high-speed vibrations and more ___________."
12. According to Thompson, "Singer sewing time is ____ minutes until eight o'clock."
13. What did Thompson worry he might wig out and demand in "Mescalito"?
14. At what hotel was Thompson staying in "Mescalito"?
(a) The Four Seasons Hotel.
(b) The San Franciscan.
(c) The Dellmore Inn.
(d) The Continental Hotel.
15. What did Thompson consider mixing with ice fragments to drink in "Mescalito"?
(c) Old Crow.
(d) Jack Daniels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thompson wrote that ___________ was "keeping me on my rails, without it I'd be completely adrift and weird" in "Mescalito"?
2. Whom did Thompson describe on Face the Nation in "Mescalito"?
3. What street was Thompson's hotel overlooking in "Mescalito"?
4. Hearing news of ______________ was too much for a tortured head in "Mescalito"?
5. Thompson wrote in the letter in the Introduction that he had been unable to be contacted by anyone but whom?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)