|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of car did the flower children end up getting into in "Mescalito"?
(a) A taxi.
(b) A bus.
(c) A beetle.
(d) A pickup truck.
2. Hearing news of ______________ was too much for a tortured head in "Mescalito"?
3. What station did Thompson promise to send a check to in "Mescalito"?
4. What time did Thompson write it was at the beginning of his second entry of "Mescalito"?
5. Who sang "The Weight" on the radio in "Mescalito"?
(a) Melvin Laird.
(b) Bing Crosby.
(c) Elvis Presley.
(d) Duke Ellington.
6. Thompson wrote, regarding the order of the stories, that the dramatic tension should build like _____________.
(a) The Great Gatsby.
(b) Gone With the Wind.
(d) Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
7. According to the Introduction, what was Thompson going to murder in his backyard?
(a) A raccoon.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A skunk.
(d) A cat.
8. How much beer did Thompson have left, although it was too early to call for more, in "Mescalito"?
(a) One beer.
(b) Three beers.
(c) Two beers.
(d) Half a beer.
9. When did Thompson write that "it started" in his letter in the Introduction?
(b) Valentine's Day.
(c) Groundhog Day.
10. Thompson wrote he had been chased and tormented by what huge radioactive creatures in the Introduction?
(d) Red foxes.
11. What kind of music did Thompson describe on the radio while tripping in "Mescalito"?
12. According to a sales jingle quoted by Thompson, "We cannot tell a lie, our machines will ___ you into a bag so fast you'll think you went blind."
13. With whom did Thompson write of sitting on the Strip, talking to off-duty hookers in "Mescalito"?
14. In what year does "Mescalito" begin?
15. What did Thompson claim in the Introduction was what "we must deal with" today?
(a) The police.
(b) The Book.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The episode.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Mescalito," what did Thompson describe as "wily old"?
2. In "Mescalito," what was "adjusting to this new stimulus like an old soldier ambushed and panicked for a moment"?
3. For how long had Thompson been chased and tormented by giant radioactive creatures in the Introduction?
4. What park did Thompson feel he was looking at in "Mescalito"?
5. Whom did Thompson write of in Jerusalem in "Mescalito"?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)