|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Screwjack.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Leach throw at Thompson in the kitchen?
(a) The doll.
(b) A gun.
(c) A knife.
(d) A loaf of bread.
2. According to Thompson, how high above his feet was his head while tripping in "Mescalito"?
(a) 20 feet.
(b) 3 feet.
(c) 10 feet.
(d) 40 feet.
3. While waiting for Oscar in "Mescalito," how many hours did Thompson have to catch a plane?
4. What did Leach do at the end of "Death of a Poet"?
(a) Shot himself.
(b) Shot his wife.
(c) Shot a police officer.
(d) Hung himself.
5. What time did Thompson write it was at the beginning of his second entry of "Mescalito"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Hearing news of ______________ was too much for a tortured head in "Mescalito"?
2. Leach's wife had gone to the store for ___________.
3. What had Thompson and his friend recently bet on in "Death of a Poet"?
4. In the end of his letter in "Screwjack," the narrator asked who might look on him and say that he "was wrong for loving a huge black ___________."
5. Thompson described the charwomen as prowling about the hotel like crippled ___________.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)