|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Death of a Poet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sporting event had just taken place in "Death of a Poet"?
(b) Stanley Cup.
(c) World Series.
2. Thompson wrote, regarding the order of the stories, that the dramatic tension should build like _____________.
(a) The Great Gatsby.
(b) Gone With the Wind.
(c) Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
3. With whom did Thompson write of sitting on the Strip, talking to off-duty hookers in "Mescalito"?
4. How many flower children walked below Thompson's window and waved at him in "Mescalito"?
5. What did Thompson write he now had a fifth of in the beginning of "Mescalito"?
(a) Gentleman Jack.
(b) Louis Martini Barbera.
(d) Crown Royal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Thompson claim he was not in his letter in the Introduction?
2. What did Thompson write "is all that matters--except for the horrible scars" in the Introduction?
3. What was the woman at the car rental counter doing when Thompson arrived?
4. At the Luau, who could remember when Farmer was a radical?
5. Leach told Thompson in "Death of a Poet" that he had changed his bet, gotten drunk, and ________________.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)