|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Death of a Poet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Thompson claim he was not in his letter in the Introduction?
(a) A brainless whore.
(b) A sane man.
(c) A classical writer.
(d) A chaste nun.
2. Which team did Thompson bet on in "Death of a Poet"?
(a) Kansas City Chiefs.
(b) Green Bay Packers.
(c) Dallas Cowboys.
(d) Seattle Seahawks.
3. What brand of liquor was Leach carrying when he opened the door?
(a) Jim Beam.
(b) Wild Turkey.
(c) Gibley's Gin.
(d) Jack Daniels.
4. How much beer did Thompson have to conserve while waiting for Oscar to arrive in "Mescalito"?
(a) An inch.
(b) A half-beer.
(c) Two beers.
(d) A six-pack.
5. Which ad did Thompson discuss at length in "Mescalito"?
(a) Johnson and Johnson Soap.
(b) Singer Sewing Machines.
(c) S.O.S. Pads.
(d) Hoover Vacuum Cleaners.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Thompson, "Singer sewing time is ____ minutes until eight o'clock."
2. What kind of beer was Thompson drinking during his mescaline trip in "Mescalito"?
3. Who had beaten the Packers in "Death of a Poet"?
4. Thompson described the charwomen as prowling about the hotel like crippled ___________.
5. What is the date of the first entry of "Mescalito"?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)