|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Death of a Poet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Mescalito," what did Thompson describe as "wily old"?
2. ______________were all over the carpet in Thompson's room.
(a) Upholstery fabric.
(b) Flower petals.
(c) Marijuana seeds.
(d) Confetti bits.
3. Which American journalist covered world news for more than 60 years and was most recently a Senior News Analyst for National Public Radio (NPR)?
(a) George Herman.
(b) James Farmer.
(c) Daniel Schorr.
(d) Walter Cronkite.
4. According to Thompson in "Death of a Poet," who had struck out?
(a) Mighty Casey.
(b) Babe Ruth.
(c) Mighty Ott.
(d) Mighty Mick.
5. Whom did Thompson feel like while conversing with the flower children in "Mescalito"?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) Hubert Humphrey.
(c) Johnny Carson.
(d) James Farmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Thompson write he thought should be last in order in the Introduction?
2. What is the tunnel made of in the poem which opens "Death of a Poet"?
3. The clerk at the liquor store asked Thompson, "Aren't you the guy who did that ______ thing?"
4. At what hotel was Thompson staying in "Mescalito"?
5. What did Thompson worry he might wig out and demand in "Mescalito"?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)