|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Death of a Poet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What newspaper did Thompson quote with the line, "Kept authorities at bay for more than an hour, claiming to be George Harrison of the Beatles"?
(a) Chicago Tribune.
(b) New York Times.
(c) U.S.A. Today.
(d) L.A. Times.
2. Who composed Sonata in F Major for Oboe and Guitar?
(b) Charles Starkweather.
(c) Johann Sebastian Bach.
(d) Philip Glass.
3. In the opening of "Mescalito" Thompson was full of pills, club sandwiches, and _____________.
(a) Old Crow.
(c) Evan Williams.
(d) Jack Daniels.
4. In the Introduction, where was Thompson placed after his escape?
(a) A holding cell.
(b) An enforced labor camp.
(c) A Decompression Chamber.
(d) A mental institution.
5. When did the car rental employee say she was going to move in "Death of a Poet"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Thompson wrote in the Introduction that it was as though in a previous life he had been a ______________.
2. According to Thompson, how high above his feet was his head while tripping in "Mescalito"?
3. What is the date of the first entry of "Mescalito"?
4. While waiting for Oscar in "Mescalito," how many hours did Thompson have to catch a plane?
5. With whom did Thompson write of sitting on the Strip, talking to off-duty hookers in "Mescalito"?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)