|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mescalito, Pages 30 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sang "The Weight" on the radio in "Mescalito"?
(a) Bing Crosby.
(b) Melvin Laird.
(c) Duke Ellington.
(d) Elvis Presley.
2. Hearing news of ______________ was too much for a tortured head in "Mescalito"?
3. Thompson wrote about _______________singing White Rabbit in "Mescalito."
(a) Jefferson Airplane.
(b) Jim Morrison.
(c) Martin Bormann.
(d) Louis Armstrong.
4. What drug did Thompson equate mescaline as being very much like in "Mescalito"?
5. How much beer did Thompson have to conserve while waiting for Oscar to arrive in "Mescalito"?
(a) A half-beer.
(b) Two beers.
(c) A six-pack.
(d) An inch.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does "Mescalito" begin?
2. Thompson wrote, regarding the order of the stories, that the dramatic tension should build like _____________.
3. What kind of credit card did Thompson use for payment at the liquor store in "Mescalito"?
4. What did Thompson claim he was not in his letter in the Introduction?
5. What did Thompson write he could do much faster than normal while under the effects of mescaline in "Mescalito"?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)