|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mescalito, Pages 30 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was screaming in the background of the headset on the plane in "Mescalito"?
(a) Gabriel Heatter.
(b) Elvis Presley.
(c) Tom Waits.
(d) Louis Armstrong.
2. Thompson wrote while under the influence of mescaline that there was not much connection between his head and his ________.
3. Thompson wrote, regarding the order of the stories, that the dramatic tension should build like _____________.
(a) The Great Gatsby.
(b) Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
(c) Gone With the Wind.
4. What kind of car did the flower children end up getting into in "Mescalito"?
(a) A pickup truck.
(b) A taxi.
(c) A bus.
(d) A beetle.
5. To whom is the letter in the Introduction addressed?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to a sales jingle quoted by Thompson, "We cannot tell a lie, our machines will ___ you into a bag so fast you'll think you went blind."
2. In what year does "Mescalito" begin?
3. ______________were all over the carpet in Thompson's room.
4. Thompson wrote in the letter in the Introduction that he had been unable to be contacted by anyone but whom?
5. Who had a twenty-fifth-floor Hilton suite in "Mescalito"?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)