|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mescalito, Pages 30 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much beer did Thompson have to conserve while waiting for Oscar to arrive in "Mescalito"?
(a) Two beers.
(b) A six-pack.
(c) An inch.
(d) A half-beer.
2. In "Mescalito" Thompson wrote, "Yesterday a dope freak tried to steal the Goodyear blimp and take it to ______________."
(b) San Francisco.
3. According to Thompson, to the flower children in "Mescalito" he must have been seen as just another ________________.
(b) Fat cat.
(c) Wet blanket.
(d) Old man.
4. Thompson wrote in the Introduction that it was as though in a previous life he had been a ______________.
(a) Earle of Denver.
(b) Spotted trout.
(d) Washing woman.
5. For how long had Thompson been chased and tormented by giant radioactive creatures in the Introduction?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 22 weeks.
(d) 36 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Thompson creep across the room to get to help with the sunlight in "Mescalito"?
2. What did Thompson write "is all that matters--except for the horrible scars" in the Introduction?
3. Which American journalist covered world news for more than 60 years and was most recently a Senior News Analyst for National Public Radio (NPR)?
4. Thompson was anxious about _____________coming into his hotel room in "Mescalito."
5. While waiting for Oscar in "Mescalito," how many hours did Thompson have to catch a plane?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)