|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mescalito, Pages 15 through 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is the letter in the Introduction addressed?
2. What Hawaiian word for "thank you" did Thompson write in the Introduction?
3. At the Luau, who could remember when Farmer was a radical?
4. Who was a civil rights activist, a leader of the American civil rights movement of the 1940s, '50s and '60s, and the initiator and organizer of the 1961 Freedom Ride which eventually led to the desegregation of interstate busing in the United states?
(a) George Herman.
(b) Malcolm X.
(c) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(d) James Farmer, Jr.
5. According to Thompson, to the flower children in "Mescalito" he must have been seen as just another ________________.
(a) Fat cat.
(b) Old man.
(d) Wet blanket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What park did Thompson feel he was looking at in "Mescalito"?
2. In "Mescalito" Thompson wrote, "Yesterday a dope freak tried to steal the Goodyear blimp and take it to ______________."
3. What kind of car did the flower children end up getting into in "Mescalito"?
4. What newspaper did Thompson quote with the line, "Kept authorities at bay for more than an hour, claiming to be George Harrison of the Beatles"?
5. What is the date of the third entry in "Mescalito"?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)