|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mescalito, Pages 15 through 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does "Mescalito" begin?
2. Whom did Thompson feel like while conversing with the flower children in "Mescalito"?
(a) Hubert Humphrey.
(b) Johnny Carson.
(c) James Farmer.
(d) Richard Nixon.
3. According to Thompson, to the flower children in "Mescalito" he must have been seen as just another ________________.
(b) Wet blanket.
(c) Old man.
(d) Fat cat.
4. What kind of car did the flower children end up getting into in "Mescalito"?
(a) A taxi.
(b) A bus.
(c) A pickup truck.
(d) A beetle.
5. What is the date of the third entry in "Mescalito"?
(a) February 20.
(b) March 14.
(c) February 18-19.
(d) February 21.
Short Answer Questions
1. What liquor store did Thompson walk down to in the first entry of "Mescalito"?
2. What "puts you out in the dark, which is more neutral" in "Mescalito"?
3. What did Thompson write he thought should be last in order in the Introduction?
4. What did Thompson write he didn't miss at all, most days, in the Introduction?
5. What Hawaiian word for "thank you" did Thompson write in the Introduction?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)