|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mescalito, Pages 15 through 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Thompson write of sitting on the Strip, talking to off-duty hookers in "Mescalito"?
2. What did Thompson claim in the Introduction was what "we must deal with" today?
(a) The police.
(b) The Book.
(c) The episode.
(d) The hospital.
3. What "puts you out in the dark, which is more neutral" in "Mescalito"?
(b) A balcony.
(c) The press.
(d) A window.
4. In "Mescalito" Thompson wrote, "Yesterday a dope freak tried to steal the Goodyear blimp and take it to ______________."
(b) San Francisco.
5. What liquor store did Thompson walk down to in the first entry of "Mescalito"?
(a) Jackson Square Liquor.
(b) King's Cellar Liquor.
(c) Sisters of Mercy Liquor.
(d) Pearl Street Liquor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Thompson feel like while conversing with the flower children in "Mescalito"?
2. According to Thompson, to the flower children in "Mescalito" he must have been seen as just another ________________.
3. What did Thompson write he now had a fifth of in the beginning of "Mescalito"?
4. At what hotel was Thompson staying in "Mescalito"?
5. Thompson wrote in the letter in the Introduction that he had been unable to be contacted by anyone but whom?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)