|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mescalito, Pages 15 through 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "puts you out in the dark, which is more neutral" in "Mescalito"?
(a) A window.
(c) The press.
(d) A balcony.
2. What kind of credit card did Thompson use for payment at the liquor store in "Mescalito"?
(b) American Express.
(d) Diner's Club.
3. For how long had Thompson been chased and tormented by giant radioactive creatures in the Introduction?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 22 weeks.
(c) 36 weeks.
(d) 2 months.
4. At the Luau, who could remember when Farmer was a radical?
5. Thompson wrote in the Introduction that it was as though in a previous life he had been a ______________.
(a) Spotted trout.
(b) Earle of Denver.
(c) Washing woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Thompson feel like while conversing with the flower children in "Mescalito"?
2. What did Thompson claim in the Introduction was what "we must deal with" today?
3. Where did Thompson write of people howling over late deadlines in "Mescalito"?
4. Thompson wrote, regarding the order of the stories, that the dramatic tension should build like _____________.
5. Who was a civil rights activist, a leader of the American civil rights movement of the 1940s, '50s and '60s, and the initiator and organizer of the 1961 Freedom Ride which eventually led to the desegregation of interstate busing in the United states?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)