|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mescalito, Pages 15 through 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What veteran CBS journalist did Thompson describe as being condescending in "Mescalito"?
(a) James Farmer.
(b) George Herman.
(c) Walter Cronkite.
(d) Jimmy Carter.
2. What time did Thompson write it was at the beginning of his second entry of "Mescalito"?
3. What liquor store did Thompson walk down to in the first entry of "Mescalito"?
(a) Sisters of Mercy Liquor.
(b) Jackson Square Liquor.
(c) Pearl Street Liquor.
(d) King's Cellar Liquor.
4. To whom is the letter in the Introduction addressed?
5. What were the police and ambulances scrambling toward as Thompson watched in the beginning of "Mescalito"?
(a) Studio 54.
(c) The L.A. Club.
(d) Whiskytown Go Go.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had gone off in the night in Thompson's second entry from "Mescalito"?
2. In "Mescalito" Thompson wrote, "Yesterday a dope freak tried to steal the Goodyear blimp and take it to ______________."
3. When did Thompson write that "it started" in his letter in the Introduction?
4. Where did Thompson write of people howling over late deadlines in "Mescalito"?
5. What is the date of the first entry of "Mescalito"?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)