|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mescalito, Pages 15 through 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which American journalist covered world news for more than 60 years and was most recently a Senior News Analyst for National Public Radio (NPR)?
(a) James Farmer.
(b) Daniel Schorr.
(c) George Herman.
(d) Walter Cronkite.
2. What veteran CBS journalist did Thompson describe as being condescending in "Mescalito"?
(a) George Herman.
(b) Jimmy Carter.
(c) Walter Cronkite.
(d) James Farmer.
3. What did Thompson write he thought should be last in order in the Introduction?
(c) Death of a Poet.
(d) Fear and Loathing.
4. Whom did Thompson feel like while conversing with the flower children in "Mescalito"?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) Hubert Humphrey.
(c) James Farmer.
(d) Johnny Carson.
5. What time did Thompson write it was at the beginning of his second entry of "Mescalito"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What "puts you out in the dark, which is more neutral" in "Mescalito"?
2. In the opening of "Mescalito" Thompson was full of pills, club sandwiches, and _____________.
3. What kind of credit card did Thompson use for payment at the liquor store in "Mescalito"?
4. What did Thompson claim he was not in his letter in the Introduction?
5. Thompson wrote in the letter in the Introduction that he had been unable to be contacted by anyone but whom?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)