|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mescalito, Pages 15 through 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What veteran CBS journalist did Thompson describe as being condescending in "Mescalito"?
(a) George Herman.
(b) James Farmer.
(c) Walter Cronkite.
(d) Jimmy Carter.
2. Thompson wrote in the letter in the Introduction that he had been unable to be contacted by anyone but whom?
(a) The Doctors.
(b) The Bushmen.
(c) The Animals.
(d) The Holtz family.
3. What did Thompson write "is all that matters--except for the horrible scars" in the Introduction?
4. What did Thompson write he thought should be last in order in the Introduction?
(a) Fear and Loathing.
(c) Death of a Poet.
5. According to Thompson, to the flower children in "Mescalito" he must have been seen as just another ________________.
(a) Old man.
(b) Wet blanket.
(c) Fat cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does "Mescalito" begin?
2. At what hotel was Thompson staying in "Mescalito"?
3. According to the Introduction, what was Thompson going to murder in his backyard?
4. What park did Thompson feel he was looking at in "Mescalito"?
5. What kind of credit card did Thompson use for payment at the liquor store in "Mescalito"?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)