|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Screwjack.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had failed in discussing the Packers?
(a) The Magic Man.
(b) The Great Giant.
(c) The Big Brother.
(d) The Magic Casey.
2. In the Introduction, where was Thompson placed after his escape?
(a) A mental institution.
(b) A holding cell.
(c) A Decompression Chamber.
(d) An enforced labor camp.
3. What street was Thompson's hotel overlooking in "Mescalito"?
(a) Hollywood Boulevard.
(c) Sunset Strip.
(d) Esposito Drive.
4. How much beer did Thompson have left, although it was too early to call for more, in "Mescalito"?
(a) Three beers.
(b) Two beers.
(c) Half a beer.
(d) One beer.
5. What did Mr. Screwjack give the narrator "under the chin"?
(a) Head job.
(b) Love bite.
(c) Wicked bite.
(d) Purr fest.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Mescalito," Thompson described his drug trip as "a buzzing without noise, high-speed vibrations and more ___________."
2. What did Thompson write he thought should be last in order in the Introduction?
3. To whom is the letter in the Introduction addressed?
4. What were the police and ambulances scrambling toward as Thompson watched in the beginning of "Mescalito"?
5. Thompson described the charwomen as prowling about the hotel like crippled ___________.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)