|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mescalito, Pages 30 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Thompson creep across the room to get to help with the sunlight in "Mescalito"?
(a) An umbrella.
(c) A window blind.
(d) A lamp shade.
2. In what year does "Mescalito" begin?
3. What time did Thompson write it was at the beginning of his second entry of "Mescalito"?
4. In "Mescalito," Thompson described his typewriter arrow "jumping along like a ___ in one of those sing-along movie shorts, bouncing from word to word with the music."
5. Thompson wrote in the letter in the Introduction that he had been unable to be contacted by anyone but whom?
(a) The Holtz family.
(b) The Doctors.
(c) The Animals.
(d) The Bushmen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Hawaiian word for "thank you" did Thompson write in the Introduction?
2. What newspaper did Thompson quote with the line, "Kept authorities at bay for more than an hour, claiming to be George Harrison of the Beatles"?
3. What did Thompson write he could do much faster than normal while under the effects of mescaline in "Mescalito"?
4. In "Mescalito," what did Thompson describe as an unbearable experience that would blow the top right off his head?
5. In "Mescalito," what part of Thompson's body had muscle spasms?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)