|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mescalito, Pages 30 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thompson was anxious about _____________coming into his hotel room in "Mescalito."
(a) His mother.
(b) A maid.
(d) His boss.
2. Thompson warned himself to stay away from ___________ during his mescaline trip in "Mescalito."
(a) The phone.
(b) The lamp post.
(c) The carpet.
(d) The bed.
3. What did Thompson write he thought should be last in order in the Introduction?
(a) Death of a Poet.
(c) Fear and Loathing.
4. In "Mescalito," Thompson described his drug trip as "a buzzing without noise, high-speed vibrations and more ___________."
5. Thompson wrote that ___________ was "keeping me on my rails, without it I'd be completely adrift and weird" in "Mescalito"?
(a) The typewriter.
(b) The radio.
(c) The telephone.
(d) The television.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Thompson, to the flower children in "Mescalito" he must have been seen as just another ________________.
2. Which ad did Thompson discuss at length in "Mescalito"?
3. What station did Thompson promise to send a check to in "Mescalito"?
4. How did Thompson describe his typewriter keys while tripping in "Mescalito"?
5. What did Thompson back on the balcony to get while waiting for Oscar in "Mescalito"?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)