|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mescalito, Pages 30 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thompson wrote that ___________ was "keeping me on my rails, without it I'd be completely adrift and weird" in "Mescalito"?
(a) The telephone.
(b) The television.
(c) The typewriter.
(d) The radio.
2. Which American journalist covered world news for more than 60 years and was most recently a Senior News Analyst for National Public Radio (NPR)?
(a) James Farmer.
(b) Walter Cronkite.
(c) Daniel Schorr.
(d) George Herman.
3. From where did Thompson write he had returned in the Introduction?
(a) The Great Beyond.
(c) New York.
(d) The Wilderness.
4. According to Thompson, how high above his feet was his head while tripping in "Mescalito"?
(a) 3 feet.
(b) 10 feet.
(c) 40 feet.
(d) 20 feet.
5. In the Introduction, where was Thompson placed after his escape?
(a) A mental institution.
(b) A Decompression Chamber.
(c) A holding cell.
(d) An enforced labor camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What liquor store did Thompson walk down to in the first entry of "Mescalito"?
2. According to Thompson, "Singer sewing time is ____ minutes until eight o'clock."
3. What did Thompson write he didn't miss at all, most days, in the Introduction?
4. In "Mescalito," what was "adjusting to this new stimulus like an old soldier ambushed and panicked for a moment"?
5. What happened when Thompson first tried to call Oscar in "Mescalito"?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)