|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did others say about Hellman in their testimony?
(a) She was an illegal immigrant.
(b) She wasn't involved.
(c) She supported McCarthy.
(d) She was a Communist.
2. How did Hellman revise her plan for her testimony?
(a) She would invoke the Fifth Amendment.
(b) She would run away.
(c) She would speak honestly about everyone.
(d) She would lie about everything.
3. What did Rauh tell Hellman not to worry about for her hearing?
(a) Being treated badly.
(b) Memorizing her answers.
(c) Looking nice.
(d) Going to jail.
4. After Hellman sent her letter, what did she do?
(a) Preped for her hearing.
(b) Went on vacation.
(d) Started a petition.
5. Where did Hellman begin writing "Scoundrel Time"?
(d) Martha's Vineyard.
6. Hellman believed _______ caused the most damage to America.
(b) The Great Depression.
(d) World War II.
7. The panel couldn't treat Hellman _______.
(a) As uncooperative.
(b) Like an idiot.
8. Hellman realized the man who was following her was who?
(a) A child.
(b) An acquaintance.
(c) Her friend.
9. If Hellman answered questions honestly about herself, what could she not do?
(a) Appeal her case.
(b) Leave the country again.
(c) Discuss others.
(d) Plead the fifth later.
10. What did Harry do before his hearing?
(a) Memorized his answers.
(c) Got drunk.
(d) Went on vacation.
11. What happened to Hellman's money from the revival of "The Children's Attic"?
(a) She didn't make any money.
(b) She went shopping with it.
(c) Hammett stole it.
(d) The IRS took it.
12. What did the Committee member warn Rauh about Hellman's letter?
(a) She needed to deny it was her letter.
(b) She needed to back off.
(c) She needed to use it in her trial.
(d) She needed to keep it a secret.
13. Before Hellman moved, with whom did she have dinner?
(a) Henry Wallace.
(b) Her family.
(d) Her friends.
14. How much did Hellman give her cab driver?
15. Of what did Nixon's election convince Hellman?
(a) America had forgotten about McCarthy.
(b) America wanted to sabotage itself.
(c) There was no good in the world.
(d) Nixon's power.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hammett filled his and Hellman's new house with books and ________.
2. What happened to Hellman's reputation after her hearing?
3. Hellman remembers when Nixon held the proof against Hiss up to ______.
4. How did Hellman tell Hammett about the subpoena?
5. The government wants to question Hellman to find out what?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)