|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 37 through 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did America first see Russia as a threat?
(a) When they became Communist.
(b) When their economy improved.
(c) When they sent threats to America.
(d) When they acted aggressively towards Western Europe.
2. What did Hellman believe were McCarthy's real convictions?
(a) He wanted money.
(b) He didn't believe his own preaching.
(c) He didn't want to go to war.
(d) He wanted to promote art.
3. What was Hellman's "sin" after gaining literary success?
(a) Being lazy.
(b) Drinking too much.
(d) Being egotistical.
4. What does Wills describe as the resolution for the Great Depression?
(a) Foreign invasion.
(b) The Cold War.
(c) World War II.
(d) The McCarthy hearings.
5. What was Hammett's role in the Civil Rights Congress?
(a) Hammett served as an honorary member.
(b) Hammett served as a trustee.
(c) Hammett served as vice president.
(d) Hammett served as a co-founder.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hellman feel after Roosevelt's election?
2. The House Committee was the age of "guilt by _____."
3. Until Hammett got arrested, Hellman didn't realize the dangers of:
4. Who joined the House Committee program soon after it started.
5. How soon did Hellman experience literary success?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)