|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 37 through 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wills sees institutions like the House Committee as what?
(a) Common practice.
(b) Ocurring once a century.
(c) One of a kind.
(d) Occuring in every administration.
2. What was Hammett's role in the Civil Rights Congress?
(a) Hammett served as a trustee.
(b) Hammett served as vice president.
(c) Hammett served as a co-founder.
(d) Hammett served as an honorary member.
3. Until Hammett got arrested, Hellman didn't realize the dangers of:
(a) Speaking one's mind.
(b) Living alone.
(c) Being a writer.
(d) Being a Communist.
4. What do people often and inaccurately accredit to McCarthy?
(a) A major terrorist attack.
(b) The Blacklist.
(c) Truman's election.
(d) The Watergate Scandal.
5. Where did Whittaker Chambers hide the "state secrets"?
(a) A deserted lot.
(b) A carved out pumpkin.
(c) His son's toy chest.
(d) His house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Hellman's politics developed, what did she miss?
2. Wills believes America needed what to start a new war?
3. When did Hellman begin writing in earnest?
4. How did Hellman feel after Roosevelt's election?
5. With the House, how were people's loyalties originally tested?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)