|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 95 through 130.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hellman explains the government saw intellectuals as ______.
2. Hellman wrote a letter to the _______ of the House Committee, about her testimony?
3. Before Hellman's politics developed, what did she miss?
(a) A Communist uprising.
(b) A cultural revolution.
(c) The development of the Communist Party.
(d) The first round of Hollywood investigations.
4. For Hellman to travel, what did she need?
(a) State Department approval.
(b) A companion.
(c) More money.
(d) A passport.
5. With the House, how were people's loyalties originally tested?
(a) Mind games.
(b) Drawn out interrogation.
(c) Litmus test.
(d) Physical abuse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Hellman go to Germany?
2. What was a topic Hellman and Hammett rarely discussed?
3. Why did Laughton contact Hoover about a wire he sent?
4. What did Nixon call Hiss's crime?
5. What was the result of Hellman's hearing?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)