|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 95 through 130.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise did Odets make to Hellman?
(a) He would find her family.
(b) He would support her.
(c) He would post her bail.
(d) He would take care of her farm.
2. With the House, how were people's loyalties originally tested?
(a) Litmus test.
(b) Drawn out interrogation.
(c) Mind games.
(d) Physical abuse.
3. What did Hellman believe about the liberal man?
(a) They were extremists.
(b) They were a tool of McCarthy's.
(c) They were not all good or bad.
(d) They didn't believe what they said.
4. Wills believes America needed what to start a new war?
(a) More weapons.
(b) An enemy.
(c) More money.
(d) A stronger president.
5. What happened at Odets' testimony?
(a) He invoked the Fifth Amendment.
(b) He lied.
(c) He betrayed his friends.
(d) He spoke out againt McCarthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Hellman a target for suspicion by the Committee?
2. What would Hellman do at her hearing?
3. In some protest articles, writers defined McCarthy's justice as what?
4. With little money, what problem did Hammett and Hellman face?
5. What did Hellman admire about the radicals?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)