1. Truman created the House Committee on _______ Activities.
2. What do people often and inaccurately accredit to McCarthy?
(a) Truman's election.
(b) The Blacklist.
(c) A major terrorist attack.
(d) The Watergate Scandal.
3. When did McCarthy bring his first charges to the House Committee?
4. The House Committee was originally intended to test the loyalty of ______.
(a) Federal workers.
(c) United States citizens.
5. What did people believe The House Committee violated?
(a) Civil rights
(b) The Declaration of Independence.
(c) The First Amendment.
(d) Zoning codes.
6. Wills sees institutions like the House Committee as what?
(a) One of a kind.
(b) Ocurring once a century.
(c) Occuring in every administration.
(d) Common practice.
7. With the House, how were people's loyalties originally tested?
(a) Physical abuse.
(b) Litmus test.
(c) Drawn out interrogation.
(d) Mind games.
8. Wills explains that the tactics of the Committee created an environment of _______ in America.
9. Who joined the House Committee program soon after it started.
This section contains 3,718 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)