|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Indian like to hang out during the day?
2. Who did Tito tell about what happened that night in the park?
3. Where is Mack waiting for Jamal?
4. What does Mr. Hunter teach?
5. Who does Mack say shot Indian and Angel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jamal see after he hears the three shots of the gun?
2. Why was Tito late to go with Jamal to meet with Indian?
3. What does Dwayne threaten to do after he loses the fight to Jamal, and how does Jamal respond to this?
4. How does Jamal hear that Randy got hurt?
5. What is Tito's idea to get Indian to help pay for Randy's appeal?
6. How does Jamal contact Indian to tell him to be the new leader?
7. Why does Jamal lose his job?
8. Why won't Jamal let Tito come to his house?
9. What happened when Tito told Abuela about what he did in the park?
10. What does Mama do when she gets home from the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)