|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tito want Jamal to say to Indian?
2. Why is Jamal's mother not able to come to the school?
3. What does Jamal try to give Tito before he leaves?
4. Why does Tito not accept the gift Jamal tries to give him before he leaves?
5. How many shots are fired when Jamal is getting beat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tito and Jamal are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
Essay Topic 2
Hypocrisy was an attribute that was highlighted in this book. Where did hypocrisy appear, and how did the inclusion of this attribute affect Jamal throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Jamal saw the men in his life making his mother cry, and promised himself to never do the same thing. How did Jamal go about keeping this promise, and how did this shape the course of the plot?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)