|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Tito tell about what happened that night in the park?
2. What is Dwayne's last name?
3. What does Jamal want to do before he gives the gun back to Mack?
4. What would Jamal have done if Dwayne had pushed him?
5. Where was Randy when he was arrested?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jamal lose his job?
2. What does Mr. Davidson say when Jamal comes to the school nurse?
3. Why was Tito late to go with Jamal to meet with Indian?
4. What does Jamal think about as he runs home from Tito's house after the shooting?
5. How does Jamal contact Indian to tell him to be the new leader?
6. What does Jamal say he would have done if Dwayne had pushed him, and how does Tito respond?
7. What does Jamal spend his money from his job on?
8. How does Jamal hear that Randy got hurt?
9. What happened when Tito told Abuela about what he did in the park?
10. How does Mack say Angel and Indian were shot?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
The gun was a major symbol in this book. Where did the gun come from, and how did it change Jamal's actions and thoughts?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)