|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Davidson try to tell Mama to meet with him at school?
2. Why does Jamal lose his job?
3. Who helps Indian beat Jamal?
4. Who is Mr. Stanton?
5. What is Mr. Gonzalez's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jamal hear that Randy got hurt?
2. How does Jamal contact Indian to tell him to be the new leader?
3. What happened when Tito told Abuela about what he did in the park?
4. What does Jamal spend his money from his job on?
5. What does Dwayne say when he and his mother are in the principal's office?
6. Why does Jamal lose his job?
7. What does Jamal think about as he runs home from Tito's house after the shooting?
8. What does Mr. Davidson say when Jamal comes to the school nurse?
9. Why was Tito late to go with Jamal to meet with Indian?
10. What is Tito's idea to get Indian to help pay for Randy's appeal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)