|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Sassy find out about Jamal's gun?
2. Why does Mr. Davidson want Jamal put on medication?
3. What does Jamal buy for himself before he meets with Indian?
4. What would Jamal have done if Dwayne had pushed him?
5. Why does Indian say Jamal can't quit the gang?
Essay Topic 1
Jamal endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)