|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mr. Davidson transferring Jamal?
2. Where does Jamal say the gun is when Sassy confronts him about it?
3. Where is Mack waiting for Jamal?
4. Where does Tito's father live?
5. What does Mama choose to do instead of visiting Randy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as Tito's cab is driving away?
2. What happened when Abuela found the gun that Tito was hiding?
3. How does Jamal hear that Randy got hurt?
4. How does Mack say Angel and Indian were shot?
5. What does Jamal spend his money from his job on?
6. Why won't Jamal let Tito come to his house?
7. Why does Jamal lose his job?
8. Why does Mack want to be the leader of the Scorpions?
9. What does Dwayne say when he and his mother are in the principal's office?
10. What does Mr. Davidson say when Jamal comes to the school nurse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Jamal saw the men in his life making his mother cry, and promised himself to never do the same thing. How did Jamal go about keeping this promise, and how did this shape the course of the plot?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)