|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the first Scorpion to see Jamal working buy?
2. Who is Mr. Stanton?
3. How does Mr. Davidson try to tell Mama to meet with him at school?
4. What is Dwayne's last name?
5. What does Mr. Hunter teach?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jamal hear that Randy got hurt?
2. What does Jamal think about as he runs home from Tito's house after the shooting?
3. Why was Tito late to go with Jamal to meet with Indian?
4. What happened when Tito told Abuela about what he did in the park?
5. What does Dwayne say when he and his mother are in the principal's office?
6. How does Jamal contact Indian to tell him to be the new leader?
7. What does Jamal say he would have done if Dwayne had pushed him, and how does Tito respond?
8. What does Mr. Davidson say when Jamal comes to the school nurse?
9. What happened when Abuela found the gun that Tito was hiding?
10. What does Mama do when she gets home from the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were Jamal's thoughts on education, and how did this change his actions. How did this ideal of his change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Gangs were a very prevalent theme in this book. How did this theme affect the main characters?
Essay Topic 3
Belonging and security were two themes present in this novel. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)