|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mack say he will now be working for?
2. Why is Jamal home from school when Mr Davidson tries to tell Mama to meet with him at school?
3. Who did Tito tell about what happened that night in the park?
4. Where is Mr. Davidson transferring Jamal?
5. What does Tito do when he hears what Jamal would have done if Dwayne had pushed him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mack say Angel and Indian were shot?
2. What does Mama do when she gets home from the hospital?
3. What does Jamal say he would have done if Dwayne had pushed him, and how does Tito respond?
4. What happened when Abuela found the gun that Tito was hiding?
5. What does Dwayne threaten to do after he loses the fight to Jamal, and how does Jamal respond to this?
6. What does Mr. Davidson say when Jamal comes to the school nurse?
7. What does Jamal think about as he runs home from Tito's house after the shooting?
8. How does Jamal contact Indian to tell him to be the new leader?
9. Why won't Jamal let Tito come to his house?
10. What happens as Tito's cab is driving away?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were Jamal's thoughts on education, and how did this change his actions. How did this ideal of his change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)