|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mack waiting for Jamal?
2. Where does Indian like to hang out during the day?
3. What do the Scorpions wear to Angel's funeral?
4. Who does Mama bring to the house to pray for Randy?
5. How does Mr. Davidson try to tell Mama to meet with him at school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mama do when she gets home from the hospital?
2. Why does Mack want to be the leader of the Scorpions?
3. What is Tito's idea to get Indian to help pay for Randy's appeal?
4. How does Jamal contact Indian to tell him to be the new leader?
5. What happens when Blood sees Jamal working at the Bodega?
6. What does Jamal see after he hears the three shots of the gun?
7. What does Jamal think about as he runs home from Tito's house after the shooting?
8. What does Dwayne threaten to do after he loses the fight to Jamal, and how does Jamal respond to this?
9. What does Jamal say he would have done if Dwayne had pushed him, and how does Tito respond?
10. What happened when Abuela found the gun that Tito was hiding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
What were Jamal's thoughts on education, and how did this change his actions. How did this ideal of his change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Tito and Jamal are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)