|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jamal plan to give the gun to if the meeting goes well?
2. Why does Mr. Davidson want to talk to Jamal's mother?
3. What would Jamal have done if Dwayne had pushed him?
4. Why does Mack not want to fight with the new leader of the Scorpions?
5. Why does Jamal know something is wrong when he gets home after being fired?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jamal hear that Randy got hurt?
2. What does Mama do when she gets home from the hospital?
3. What is Tito's idea to get Indian to help pay for Randy's appeal?
4. What happens as Tito's cab is driving away?
5. What does Jamal see after he hears the three shots of the gun?
6. What does Jamal think about as he runs home from Tito's house after the shooting?
7. How does Jamal contact Indian to tell him to be the new leader?
8. Why does Mack want to be the leader of the Scorpions?
9. What does Dwayne say when he and his mother are in the principal's office?
10. What does Jamal spend his money from his job on?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jamal saw the men in his life making his mother cry, and promised himself to never do the same thing. How did Jamal go about keeping this promise, and how did this shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Hypocrisy was an attribute that was highlighted in this book. Where did hypocrisy appear, and how did the inclusion of this attribute affect Jamal throughout the book?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)