|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dwayne's last name?
2. Why does Jamal know something is wrong when he gets home after being fired?
(a) Mama is not home yet.
(b) Mama is crying again.
(c) The TV is not on.
(d) Sassy is sitting in the dark.
3. Why does Jamal say Tito saved his life?
(a) Indian wanted him dead.
(b) He could not have fought off both of them.
(c) Angel was going to stab him.
(d) He was too afraid to fight.
4. How did Sassy find out about Jamal's gun?
(a) Randy told Mama about it.
(b) She saw him with it.
(c) She found it.
(d) She heard about it at school.
5. What does Jamal hope to be able to buy when he saves up his money?
(a) A boat.
(b) A gun.
(c) A jacket.
(d) A car.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much will Mr. Gonzalez pay Jamal?
2. What would Jamal have done if Dwayne had pushed him?
3. Where does Indian like to hang out during the day?
4. Where is Jamal supposed to meet with the gang to appoint the new leader?
5. Why does Mr. Davidson want Jamal put on medication?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jamal think about as he runs home from Tito's house after the shooting?
2. What does Jamal see after he hears the three shots of the gun?
3. How does Jamal hear that Randy got hurt?
4. What does Dwayne threaten to do after he loses the fight to Jamal, and how does Jamal respond to this?
5. What happens when Blood sees Jamal working at the Bodega?
6. What is Tito's idea to get Indian to help pay for Randy's appeal?
7. What does Mr. Davidson say when Jamal comes to the school nurse?
8. What does Mama do when she gets home from the hospital?
9. What happened when Tito told Abuela about what he did in the park?
10. How does Mack say Angel and Indian were shot?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)