|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first Scorpion to see that Jamal has a job?
2. What does Jamal hope to be able to buy when he saves up his money?
(a) A gun.
(b) A car.
(c) A jacket.
(d) A boat.
3. Why does Tito not accept the gift Jamal tries to give him before he leaves?
(a) He wants to forget about Jamal.
(b) Jamal will need it more than he will.
(c) He does not look like that anymore.
(d) He won't need money.
4. Where is Mack waiting for Jamal?
(a) On the stoop.
(b) In his hallway.
(c) At school.
(d) At the hospital.
5. Why does Jamal say Tito saved his life?
(a) He could not have fought off both of them.
(b) He was too afraid to fight.
(c) Angel was going to stab him.
(d) Indian wanted him dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Stanton?
2. Where does Jamal say the gun is when Sassy confronts him about it?
3. How many shots are fired when Jamal is getting beat?
4. Why does Jamal sneak into Tito's house?
5. Where does Tito's father live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jamal say he would have done if Dwayne had pushed him, and how does Tito respond?
2. How does Mack say Angel and Indian were shot?
3. What does Dwayne say when he and his mother are in the principal's office?
4. What does Mr. Davidson say when Jamal comes to the school nurse?
5. Why was Tito late to go with Jamal to meet with Indian?
6. What does Jamal spend his money from his job on?
7. What is Tito's idea to get Indian to help pay for Randy's appeal?
8. What does Dwayne threaten to do after he loses the fight to Jamal, and how does Jamal respond to this?
9. What does Mama do when she gets home from the hospital?
10. What happened when Abuela found the gun that Tito was hiding?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)