|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abuela ask of Jamal?
(a) If he cares about Tito.
(b) If Tito is a good boy.
(c) If Tito is in trouble.
(d) If Jamal gave him the gun.
2. Why does Tito not accept the gift Jamal tries to give him before he leaves?
(a) Jamal will need it more than he will.
(b) He won't need money.
(c) He wants to forget about Jamal.
(d) He does not look like that anymore.
3. What does Jamal hope to be able to buy when he saves up his money?
(a) A jacket.
(b) A gun.
(c) A boat.
(d) A car.
4. What do the Scorpions wear to Angel's funeral?
(a) Black shrouds.
(b) Their jackets.
(c) The gang colors.
(d) Angel wing necklaces.
5. Why won't Jamal let Tito come to his house?
(a) He doesn't want to be reminded of the shooting.
(b) Mama will get mad.
(c) He is ashamed of his friendship.
(d) The gang knows where he lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Indian like to hang out during the day?
2. Why does Indian say Jamal can't quit the gang?
3. How many shots are fired when Jamal is getting beat?
4. What does Tito want Jamal to say to Indian?
5. Where was Randy when he was arrested?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Abuela found the gun that Tito was hiding?
2. Why won't Jamal let Tito come to his house?
3. What does Mr. Davidson say when Jamal comes to the school nurse?
4. What does Jamal think about as he runs home from Tito's house after the shooting?
5. What happens as Tito's cab is driving away?
6. What does Jamal see after he hears the three shots of the gun?
7. What does Dwayne threaten to do after he loses the fight to Jamal, and how does Jamal respond to this?
8. How does Mack say Angel and Indian were shot?
9. What does Jamal say he would have done if Dwayne had pushed him, and how does Tito respond?
10. What happens when Blood sees Jamal working at the Bodega?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)