|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jamal sent to the principal's office after his talk with Mack?
(a) Being late to school.
(b) Swearing in the halls.
(c) Jumping down stairwells.
(d) Missing homework.
2. What does Mack say he will use to support the new leader of the gang?
(a) His fighting skills.
(b) His knife.
(c) A gun.
(d) A letter from randy.
3. What is Jamal's sister's name?
4. What is Jamal asked to do when he comes to paint the sets?
(a) Hold the set.
(b) Put down butcher paper.
(c) Stir the paint.
(d) Open the windows.
5. Who does Mack say told him how much Randy's appeal will cost?
(a) His father.
(b) The lawyers.
(c) A policeman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamal love to do in his spare time?
2. What does Jamal do to show his leadership?
3. What would Jamal do in the job he considers taking after talking with Mack?
4. Who signals to Jamal before his second fight with Dwayne?
5. What does Jamal's father belittle him for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How much money does Mama need to raise at the beginning of the book, and what is it for?
2. What is Tito worried about when he sees that Jamal brought the gun to school, and how does Jamal calm him down?
3. Why does Tito say the gang might let Jamal be their leader?
4. What does Mama ask Jamal when she gets home at the beginning of the book?
5. Who does the principal blame for Jamal's tardiness and why?
6. How does Jamal feel when he has the gun?
7. What kind of things do Jamal and Tito do together?
8. What does Jamal think about as he walks away from his fight with Dwayne?
9. How long was Randy sentenced to jail, and what does Jamal think of this?
10. How does Jamal feel about the fathering Jevon does when he is around?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)