|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Dwayne punished for throwing something at Jamal at school?
(a) He gets detention.
(b) He has to write lines.
(c) He has to stay after school.
(d) He is not punished at all.
2. Where does Jamal put the gun?
(a) In his pocket.
(b) In his backpack.
(c) In his pants.
(d) In his belt.
3. What annoying habit does Jamal's little sister have?
(b) Clappingher hands.
(c) Sucking her thumb.
(d) Picking her nose.
4. What was Randy sent to prison for?
(b) Assault and battery.
(c) Gang violence.
5. Why does Tito join the gang?
(a) He wants to stop them.
(b) He wants to see what they do.
(c) He wants to watch out for Jamal.
(d) He wants to have a group.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sassy sleep now that Randy is not at home?
2. How old is Jamal's littler sister?
3. Why does it bother Jamal so much when his father acts like a dad?
4. What does Jamal do at his special place after he spends the school day in the principal's office?
5. How does Jamal feel when he is given his assignment to help with the sets?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jamal want for Christmas?
2. What does Jamal think about as he walks away from his fight with Dwayne?
3. How does Mama hurt herself?
4. What does Jamal do when the gang starts arguing about Jamal being the new leader of the gang?
5. What does Mama ask Jamal when she gets home at the beginning of the book?
6. How does Jamal feel when he gets home after his meeting with the Scorpions?
7. What did Jamal do at the beginning of the fight that really angered Dwayne?
8. Why does Jamal not want to be like his brother?
9. How long was Randy sentenced to jail, and what does Jamal think of this?
10. Who does Randy want Jamal to talk to, and how does Mama feel about this?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)