|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes with Jamal after he is sent to the principal's office?
2. What does Tito say he does NOT want Jamal to do?
(a) Be like Randy.
(b) Bring attention to himself.
(c) Start trouble.
(d) Kill anybody.
3. Who calls to Jamal as he is leaving the fight?
4. What subject in school is the hardest for Jamal?
5. Where does Jamal like to go to draw?
(a) The school yard.
(b) The Bodega.
(c) The marina.
(d) The park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does it bother Jamal so much when his father acts like a dad?
2. Why does Jamal say he never wants to see Randy again?
3. What grade is Sassy in?
4. What does the principal say he will do if Jamal's behavior continues?
5. How does Mama hurt her hand?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dwayne do after his first fight with Jamal?
2. In Chapter 5, what does Mack say Randy told him?
3. What is Jamal most mad at Randy for?
4. What is Tito worried about when he sees that Jamal brought the gun to school, and how does Jamal calm him down?
5. What does Jamal think about as he walks away from his fight with Dwayne?
6. Why do Tito and Jamal choose to join the gang?
7. How much money does Mama need to raise at the beginning of the book, and what is it for?
8. What does Jamal think about as he goes home after talking to Mack?
9. What does Mama ask Jamal when she gets home at the beginning of the book?
10. How does Mama hurt herself?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)