|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who breaks up the fight between Jamal and Dwayne?
(a) A teacher.
(b) The police.
(c) The principal.
(d) A mailman.
2. What does Jamal do to ignore the comments of the class bully?
(a) Count the floor tiles.
(b) Pictures himself beating him up.
(c) Draw in his notebook.
(d) Think about painting the sets.
3. When is the only time Jamal see his father?
(a) When he has been fired.
(b) When he is drunk.
(c) When he needs money.
(d) When he misses Mama.
4. Who does Jamal get to hide his gun before his fight with Dwayne?
5. Where does Jamal want to hide the gun after Dwayne challenges him to a fight?
(a) In a locker.
(b) In his bag.
(c) On a shelf.
(d) Behind some books.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls to Jamal as he is leaving the fight?
2. What does Jamal want to own one day?
3. What does Jamal do when he gets home from helping with the sets?
4. What did Jamal say during his fight to intimidate Dwayne?
5. Why does Tito join the gang?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mama ask Jamal when she gets home at the beginning of the book?
2. What makes Jamal's day better after he gets home from helping paint the sets?
3. In Chapter 5, what does Mack say Randy told him?
4. Where does Jamal sleep now that Randy is in prison?
5. Who does the principal blame for Jamal's tardiness and why?
6. Why does Jamal not want to be like his brother?
7. Why does Miss Brown want Jamal to stay after school one day?
8. Why did Randy get a longer sentence than the other two people involved in the same crime?
9. Who does Randy want Jamal to talk to, and how does Mama feel about this?
10. What was Randy arrested for?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)