|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is Jamal told to meet with the Scorpions to appoint a new leader?
(a) 11:00 am.
(b) 11:00 pm.
2. Where does Jamal say the gun is when Sassy confronts him about it?
(a) At Tito's house.
(b) In his locker.
(c) At the bottom of the river.
(d) In his bag.
3. Why is Jamal's mother not able to come to the school?
(a) She hates the school.
(b) She is working.
(c) She is in the hospital.
(d) She is visiting Randy.
4. What does Mama choose to do instead of visiting Randy?
(a) Go to work.
(b) Meet with the lawyers.
(c) Sleep in.
(d) Go to church.
5. What does Jamal try to give Tito before he leaves?
(a) Some money.
(b) His knife.
(c) A picture of them together.
(d) The picture he drew.
6. What does the first Scorpion to see Jamal working buy?
(a) A candy bar.
7. Who did Tito tell about what happened that night in the park?
(a) His mother.
(b) Mr. Davidson.
(c) The police.
8. Where is Mack waiting for Jamal?
(a) In his hallway.
(b) At the hospital.
(c) At school.
(d) On the stoop.
9. What does Abuela ask of Jamal?
(a) If he cares about Tito.
(b) If Jamal gave him the gun.
(c) If Tito is a good boy.
(d) If Tito is in trouble.
10. How much will Mr. Gonzalez pay Jamal?
(a) $5 an hour.
(b) $20 a week.
(c) $10 a day.
(d) $4 an hour.
11. Why does Mr. Davidson want to talk to Jamal's mother?
(a) He wants Jamal to go to another school.
(b) He wants her to know what Jamal does at school.
(c) He wants to create a learning plan for Jamal.
(d) He wants to meet the woman responsible for ruining Jamal.
12. What would Jamal have done if Dwayne had pushed him?
(a) Pushed back.
(b) Lost the fight.
(c) Fired the gun.
(d) Run away.
13. Where was Randy when he was arrested?
(a) At the crack house.
(b) On the street.
(c) At school.
14. What does Tito do when Jamal says he saved his life?
(b) Throws up.
(c) Hits Jamal.
15. Who found the gun that Tito was hiding?
(a) His sister.
(b) His brother.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Indian beat Jamal?
2. Who is the first Scorpion to see that Jamal has a job?
3. Why does Indian say Jamal can't quit the gang?
4. Who does Mack say he will now be working for?
5. Why does Jamal lose his job?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)