|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jamal say the gun is when Sassy confronts him about it?
(a) In his bag.
(b) In his locker.
(c) At Tito's house.
(d) At the bottom of the river.
2. What does Jamal find in a box of cereal after he wins the fight with Dwayne?
(a) A rolled up piece of paper.
(b) Some mold.
(c) An ant.
(d) A roach.
3. What would Jamal have done if Dwayne had pushed him?
(a) Lost the fight.
(b) Run away.
(c) Fired the gun.
(d) Pushed back.
4. Why won't Jamal let Tito come to his house?
(a) He doesn't want to be reminded of the shooting.
(b) He is ashamed of his friendship.
(c) Mama will get mad.
(d) The gang knows where he lives.
5. How many shots are fired when Jamal is getting beat?
6. Why does Mack say Indian and Angel were shot?
(a) They were beating on Jamal.
(b) They were talking bad about Randy.
(c) They were trying to kick someone out of the gang.
(d) They were threatening to leave the gange.
7. Why does Tito not accept the gift Jamal tries to give him before he leaves?
(a) He wants to forget about Jamal.
(b) He won't need money.
(c) Jamal will need it more than he will.
(d) He does not look like that anymore.
8. Why does Mack not want to fight with the new leader of the Scorpions?
(a) He would be seen following another leader.
(b) He would lose a share of his crack money.
(c) He would be tried as an adult if he were caught.
(d) He would betray Randy.
9. Who does Jamal plan to give the gun to if the meeting goes well?
10. How does the new medication make Jamal feel?
11. What does Abuela ask of Jamal?
(a) If Tito is a good boy.
(b) If Jamal gave him the gun.
(c) If Tito is in trouble.
(d) If he cares about Tito.
12. Why does Mr. Davidson want Jamal put on medication?
(a) To help him sleep at night.
(b) To calm his anger.
(c) To make him concentrate.
(d) To sedate him.
13. What does Jamal buy for himself before he meets with Indian?
(a) A shirt.
(b) A drawing tablet.
(d) Some paints.
14. Why does Jamal lose his job?
(a) He let Blood steal candy.
(b) He has dropped out of school.
(c) He was late to work.
(d) He hangs out with gang members.
15. What does Jamal hope to be able to buy when he saves up his money?
(a) A boat.
(b) A gun.
(c) A jacket.
(d) A car.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Mama allow Jamal to speak with Mack?
2. How was Randy hurt in prison?
3. What do the Scorpions wear to Angel's funeral?
4. Who does Jamal plan to give the gun to?
5. Who helps Indian beat Jamal?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)