|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abuela ask of Jamal?
(a) If Jamal gave him the gun.
(b) If Tito is in trouble.
(c) If Tito is a good boy.
(d) If he cares about Tito.
2. How does the new medication make Jamal feel?
3. Why does Indian say Jamal can't quit the gang?
(a) He knows too much.
(b) Indian did not make the decision.
(c) Randy wants him in.
(d) He is useful to the gang.
4. How did Sassy find out about Jamal's gun?
(a) She heard about it at school.
(b) She saw him with it.
(c) She found it.
(d) Randy told Mama about it.
5. How many shots are fired when Jamal is getting beat?
6. Where does Tito's father live?
(c) Puerto Rico.
7. What time is Jamal told to meet with the Scorpions to appoint a new leader?
(b) 11:00 pm.
(d) 11:00 am.
8. How much will Mr. Gonzalez pay Jamal?
(a) $5 an hour.
(b) $10 a day.
(c) $20 a week.
(d) $4 an hour.
9. Why does Jamal say Tito saved his life?
(a) Angel was going to stab him.
(b) He was too afraid to fight.
(c) Indian wanted him dead.
(d) He could not have fought off both of them.
10. Where is Mr. Davidson transferring Jamal?
(a) To a school for remedial reading.
(b) To juvenile hall.
(c) To an older class.
(d) To a school for troubled kids.
11. Who does Mack say he will now be working for?
(b) Mr. Davidson.
(c) Mr. Gonzalez.
(d) The man with the money.
12. What does Jamal buy for himself before he meets with Indian?
(b) A drawing tablet.
(c) Some paints.
(d) A shirt.
13. Why was Tito late meeting up with Jamal?
(a) He was looking for the gun.
(b) He was considering not coming.
(c) He fell asleep.
(d) He was waiting for Abuela to go to sleep.
14. Why won't Jamal let Tito come to his house?
(a) Mama will get mad.
(b) He doesn't want to be reminded of the shooting.
(c) He is ashamed of his friendship.
(d) The gang knows where he lives.
15. Why does Mr. Davidson want to talk to Jamal's mother?
(a) He wants her to know what Jamal does at school.
(b) He wants to create a learning plan for Jamal.
(c) He wants to meet the woman responsible for ruining Jamal.
(d) He wants Jamal to go to another school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Gonzalez's occupation?
2. What does Tito do when he hears what Jamal would have done if Dwayne had pushed him?
3. Why does Tito not accept the gift Jamal tries to give him before he leaves?
4. Where does Jamal say the gun is when Sassy confronts him about it?
5. How was Randy hurt in prison?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)