|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jamal hide the gun?
(a) In an abandoned werehouse.
(b) In a dumpster.
(c) In an open car window.
(d) In the river.
2. Why does Jamal know something is wrong when he gets home after being fired?
(a) Sassy is sitting in the dark.
(b) Mama is not home yet.
(c) Mama is crying again.
(d) The TV is not on.
3. Why does Indian say Jamal can't quit the gang?
(a) Indian did not make the decision.
(b) Randy wants him in.
(c) He is useful to the gang.
(d) He knows too much.
4. Why does Jamal lose his job?
(a) He hangs out with gang members.
(b) He was late to work.
(c) He has dropped out of school.
(d) He let Blood steal candy.
5. What does Jamal find in a box of cereal after he wins the fight with Dwayne?
(a) An ant.
(b) Some mold.
(c) A roach.
(d) A rolled up piece of paper.
6. What does the first Scorpion to see Jamal working buy?
(b) A candy bar.
7. What would Jamal have done if Dwayne had pushed him?
(a) Lost the fight.
(b) Run away.
(c) Fired the gun.
(d) Pushed back.
8. Why does Jamal say Tito saved his life?
(a) He was too afraid to fight.
(b) He could not have fought off both of them.
(c) Angel was going to stab him.
(d) Indian wanted him dead.
9. Who wants to be the new leader of the Scorpions?
10. What does Jamal want to do before he gives the gun back to Mack?
(a) Fire the gun.
(b) Ruin the gun.
(c) Tell the police about the gun.
(d) Threaten another bully.
11. What is Dwayne's last name?
12. Why won't Jamal let Tito come to his house?
(a) He is ashamed of his friendship.
(b) Mama will get mad.
(c) He doesn't want to be reminded of the shooting.
(d) The gang knows where he lives.
13. How did Sassy find out about Jamal's gun?
(a) Randy told Mama about it.
(b) She found it.
(c) She saw him with it.
(d) She heard about it at school.
14. Where is Mr. Davidson transferring Jamal?
(a) To an older class.
(b) To a school for troubled kids.
(c) To juvenile hall.
(d) To a school for remedial reading.
15. Who did Tito tell about what happened that night in the park?
(a) Mr. Davidson.
(b) The police.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tito not accept the gift Jamal tries to give him before he leaves?
2. Why was Tito late meeting up with Jamal?
3. Who found the gun that Tito was hiding?
4. Who helps Indian beat Jamal?
5. Why does Mr. Davidson want to talk to Jamal's mother?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)