|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't Jamal let Tito come to his house?
(a) The gang knows where he lives.
(b) He doesn't want to be reminded of the shooting.
(c) He is ashamed of his friendship.
(d) Mama will get mad.
2. Where is Mr. Davidson transferring Jamal?
(a) To a school for troubled kids.
(b) To juvenile hall.
(c) To a school for remedial reading.
(d) To an older class.
3. Where is Jamal supposed to meet with the gang to appoint the new leader?
(a) The park.
(b) The crack house.
(c) The school yard.
(d) The firehouse.
4. Where was Randy when he was arrested?
(a) At school.
(c) At the crack house.
(d) On the street.
5. What is Dwayne's last name?
6. Why was Tito late meeting up with Jamal?
(a) He was considering not coming.
(b) He fell asleep.
(c) He was looking for the gun.
(d) He was waiting for Abuela to go to sleep.
7. Why does Mr. Davidson want Jamal put on medication?
(a) To make him concentrate.
(b) To sedate him.
(c) To help him sleep at night.
(d) To calm his anger.
8. How much will Mr. Gonzalez pay Jamal?
(a) $4 an hour.
(b) $20 a week.
(c) $5 an hour.
(d) $10 a day.
9. Where does Indian like to hang out during the day?
(a) The Pizza Parlor.
(b) The crack house.
(c) The Bodega.
(d) Griff's Bar-B-Que.
10. What does Mama choose to do instead of visiting Randy?
(a) Go to work.
(b) Go to church.
(c) Sleep in.
(d) Meet with the lawyers.
11. What does Jamal buy for Tito before they meet with Indian?
(b) A shirt.
(d) Some bread.
12. Who does Mack say shot Indian and Angel?
13. What does Mr. Hunter teach?
(d) Social Studies.
14. How does Mr. Davidson try to tell Mama to meet with him at school?
(a) He comes to the house.
(b) He sends a letter.
(c) He sends a telegram.
(d) He calls her work.
15. Why does Mr. Davidson want to talk to Jamal's mother?
(a) He wants to create a learning plan for Jamal.
(b) He wants to meet the woman responsible for ruining Jamal.
(c) He wants Jamal to go to another school.
(d) He wants her to know what Jamal does at school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jamal's mother not able to come to the school?
2. Who does Jamal plan to give the gun to?
3. How many shots are fired when Jamal is getting beat?
4. What does Tito do when he hears what Jamal would have done if Dwayne had pushed him?
5. What does Jamal try to give Tito before he leaves?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)