|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jamal sneak into Tito's house?
(a) So he can get some money.
(b) So he can get some of Tito's clothes.
(c) So he can leave Tito a letter.
(d) So he can take the gun back.
2. What does Jamal buy for himself before he meets with Indian?
(b) A shirt.
(c) Some paints.
(d) A drawing tablet.
3. Why does Jamal know something is wrong when he gets home after being fired?
(a) Mama is crying again.
(b) Mama is not home yet.
(c) Sassy is sitting in the dark.
(d) The TV is not on.
4. What would Jamal have done if Dwayne had pushed him?
(a) Run away.
(b) Fired the gun.
(c) Pushed back.
(d) Lost the fight.
5. Why is Jamal home from school when Mr Davidson tries to tell Mama to meet with him at school?
(a) He is waiting to hear news about Randy.
(b) He does not have a job.
(c) He is not allowed to go to school.
(d) He has decided not to go to school.
6. Who is the first Scorpion to see that Jamal has a job?
7. Where does Jamal hide the gun?
(a) In a dumpster.
(b) In the river.
(c) In an open car window.
(d) In an abandoned werehouse.
8. Who wants to be the new leader of the Scorpions?
9. Why does Mack not want to fight with the new leader of the Scorpions?
(a) He would betray Randy.
(b) He would be tried as an adult if he were caught.
(c) He would be seen following another leader.
(d) He would lose a share of his crack money.
10. How long does Mama allow Jamal to speak with Mack?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 5 mintues.
11. What is Dwayne's last name?
12. Who does Jamal plan to give the gun to?
(a) Mr. Davidson.
13. Who does Jamal plan to give the gun to if the meeting goes well?
14. What time is Jamal told to meet with the Scorpions to appoint a new leader?
(b) 11:00 pm.
(c) 11:00 am.
15. Why won't Jamal let Tito come to his house?
(a) The gang knows where he lives.
(b) Mama will get mad.
(c) He is ashamed of his friendship.
(d) He doesn't want to be reminded of the shooting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamal buy for Tito before they meet with Indian?
2. Why does Jamal go to Tito's house with him after the shooting?
3. What does Jamal want to do before he gives the gun back to Mack?
4. Why is Jamal's mother not able to come to the school?
5. What does Tito want Jamal to say to Indian?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)