|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mack say Randy wants to be the new leader of the gang?
2. How do the Scorpions feel about Jamal being the leader in the gang?
(a) They don't care either way.
(b) They don't believe it.
(c) They do not like it.
(d) They feel betrayed.
3. Which teacher is Jamal's favorite?
(a) Mrs. Hicks.
(b) Mr. Henricksen.
(c) Mr. Green.
(d) Miss Brown.
4. How does Jamal feel when he is asked to stay after school with his favorite teacher?
5. Who signals to Jamal before his second fight with Dwayne?
6. Where does Jamal hide the gun when he goes to school?
(a) A hollowed out book.
(b) His sneaker.
(c) His jacket.
(d) His bag.
7. What kind of car does Jamal lean on while waiting for Mack?
8. What is the name of Jamal's brother?
9. Who is Jamal waiting for at the beginning of the book?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
10. What grade is Sassy in?
11. How old was Randy when he was arrested?
12. What grade is Jamal in?
13. Why does Jamal take cold showers?
(a) It wakes him up.
(b) It makes him tough.
(c) It saves money on the bills.
(d) The hot water has been turned off.
14. Why is Jamal so skeptical about who Mack says is to be the new leader of the gang?
(a) He is not very bright.
(b) Randy never trusted him.
(c) He is only 12.
(d) Randy would have told Jamal that.
15. Who does Jamal see meandering down the street at the beginning of the book?
(b) Gang members.
(c) Migrant workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jamal's teachers all tell him?
2. Where is Jamal sitting at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Jamal find in the gang headquarters?
4. Who does Jamal get to hide his gun before his fight with Dwayne?
5. What would Jamal do in the job he considers taking after talking with Mack?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)