|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mack say he will use to support the new leader of the gang?
(a) A gun.
(b) A letter from randy.
(c) His knife.
(d) His fighting skills.
2. How does Tito feel when he hears Jamal is now a Scorpion?
3. Where does Jamal start walking after his fight with Dwayne?
(a) The crack house.
(b) The old firehouse.
(c) The park.
(d) The boat basin.
4. Where does Jamal meet with the gang?
(a) In the crack house.
(b) In the park.
(c) At the boat docks.
(d) At the old firehouse.
5. What is Jamal's sister's name?
6. What is the name of Jamal's brother?
7. What would Jamal do in the job he considers taking after talking with Mack?
(a) Mark prices.
(b) Clean restrooms.
(c) Deal drugs.
(d) Carry packages.
8. Why is Jamal tempted to join the gang?
(a) To feel more important.
(b) To make Randy proud.
(c) To get the money for Randy's appeal.
(d) To get protection.
9. Where does Jamal hide the gun when he goes to school?
(a) His bag.
(b) His sneaker.
(c) His jacket.
(d) A hollowed out book.
10. Why does Jamal not like his father?
(a) He has bad connections.
(b) He is manipulative.
(c) He is a deadbeat.
(d) He makes Mama cry.
11. What kind of climate does Jamal's best friend want to live in?
12. Where does Jamal go after he leaves school the day he was sent to the principal's office?
(a) The bodega.
(b) The upper east side.
(c) The boat basin.
(d) The park.
13. What does Jamal do to ignore the comments of the class bully?
(a) Think about painting the sets.
(b) Pictures himself beating him up.
(c) Draw in his notebook.
(d) Count the floor tiles.
14. What did Randy do to make money before he was arrested?
(a) Stole it.
(b) Cleaned cars.
(c) Dealt drugs.
(d) Worked at a grocery store.
15. Where does Sassy sleep now that Randy is not at home?
(a) Her mother's room.
(b) The small bedroom.
(c) The couch.
(d) The big bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who mocks Jamal when he returns to class from the principal's office?
2. Why does Tito join the gang?
3. When is the only time Jamal see his father?
4. What question does Jamal's little sister ask him at the beginning of the book?
5. What does Jamal's father belittle him for?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)