|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jamal start walking after his fight with Dwayne?
(a) The park.
(b) The boat basin.
(c) The crack house.
(d) The old firehouse.
2. What did Randy do to make money before he was arrested?
(a) Cleaned cars.
(b) Stole it.
(c) Worked at a grocery store.
(d) Dealt drugs.
3. Who mocks Jamal when he returns to class from the principal's office?
4. Where is Jamal sitting at the beginning of the book?
(a) By the window.
(b) In the hall-way.
(c) On the front steps.
(d) In his room.
5. Which of the following is NOT a source of bullying in Jamal's life?
(b) His father.
(d) His teachers.
6. What does Jamal find in the gang headquarters?
(a) A store of guns.
(b) A stocked refrigerator.
(c) A safe.
(d) A TV.
7. What does Jamal do when he gets home from helping with the sets?
(a) Fights with Sassy.
(b) Takes a cold shower.
(c) Turns on the TV.
(d) Cleans the house.
8. How much does Mack say Randy's appeal will cost?
9. Which teacher is Jamal's favorite?
(a) Mr. Henricksen.
(b) Miss Brown.
(c) Mrs. Hicks.
(d) Mr. Green.
10. What grade is Jamal in?
11. What does Jamal do at his special place after he spends the school day in the principal's office?
(b) Goes swimming.
(c) Thinks about his future.
(d) Pretends to be somebody else.
12. Where does Sassy sleep now that Randy is not at home?
(a) The big bedroom.
(b) Her mother's room.
(c) The small bedroom.
(d) The couch.
13. What does Jamal want for Christmas?
(a) A library pass.
(b) Real paints.
(c) Some new books.
(d) Art lessons.
14. Where does Jamal go after he leaves school the day he was sent to the principal's office?
(a) The park.
(b) The upper east side.
(c) The boat basin.
(d) The bodega.
15. Who does Mack say Randy wants to be the new leader of the gang?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jamal asked to do when he comes to paint the sets?
2. What was Randy sent to prison for?
3. What would Jamal do in the job he considers taking after talking with Mack?
4. How does Mama hurt her hand?
5. How does Jamal feel when he is given his assignment to help with the sets?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)