|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mama leave Jamal's father?
(a) He didn't make enough money.
(b) He was abusive.
(c) He was cheating on her.
(d) He spent all her money on alcohol.
2. Why is Jamal so skeptical about who Mack says is to be the new leader of the gang?
(a) He is not very bright.
(b) He is only 12.
(c) Randy would have told Jamal that.
(d) Randy never trusted him.
3. What is Jamal asked to do when he comes to paint the sets?
(a) Put down butcher paper.
(b) Hold the set.
(c) Stir the paint.
(d) Open the windows.
4. What is the main concern over Jamal leading the gang?
(a) He is not experienced.
(b) He is too innocent.
(c) He is young.
(d) His brother got caught.
5. Who supports Jamal in his idea to take a job instead of joining the gang?
(c) Mr. Davidson.
6. What did Jamal's favorite teacher ask him to stay after school for?
(a) To organize the supply room.
(b) To get some extra help in reading.
(c) To help grade papers.
(d) To paint the set for the play.
7. What does Jamal do to show his leadership?
(a) Shows the gun.
(b) Agrees to let someone else lead.
(c) Challenges Angel to a fight.
(d) Reads a letter from Randy.
8. What does everyone say about Mack?
(a) He is strange.
(b) He is a coward.
(c) He is a liar.
(d) He is crazy.
9. Which teacher is Jamal's favorite?
(a) Miss Brown.
(b) Mrs. Hicks.
(c) Mr. Green.
(d) Mr. Henricksen.
10. Why does Jamal want to buy something when he gets some money?
(a) So he can entertain his sister.
(b) So he can forget about his life.
(c) So he can watch good shows.
(d) So he can talk to his friends.
11. How does Jamal feel when he is given his assignment to help with the sets?
12. What does Jamal's father belittle him for?
(a) Not doing well in school.
(b) Not making any money.
(c) Not being big enough.
(d) Not joining a gang.
13. Who does the principal blame for the amount of times Jamal gets sent to the principal?
(a) Jamal's father.
(b) Unsympathetic teachers.
(d) Jamal's mother.
14. What kind of sickness does Jamal's best friend have?
15. What is the name of Jamal's best friend?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mack say he will use to support the new leader of the gang?
2. Who also wants to own what Jamal wants to when they grow up?
3. What is the gun hidden in when the fight begins?
4. What is the name of Jamal's brother?
5. Who mocks Jamal when he returns to class from the principal's office?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)