|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jamal's teachers all tell him?
(a) He can escape his brother's fate if he wants to.
(b) He can do better.
(c) He will never succeed.
(d) He will be just like his brother.
2. What does Jamal want to buy when he gets some money?
(a) A radio.
(b) A television.
(c) A VCR.
(d) A telephone.
3. How long was Randy sentenced to prison?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 15 years.
4. Where does Jamal sleep now that Randy is not at home?
(a) His mother's bedroom.
(b) The couch.
(c) The small bedroom.
(d) The big bedroom.
5. What question does Jamal's little sister ask him at the beginning of the book?
(a) If he has made dinner yet.
(b) If he is going to leave.
(c) If he has been waiting up for her.
(d) If he is worried about their mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jamal feel when he is asked to stay after school with his favorite teacher?
2. What does Jamal want for Christmas?
3. Why does Jamal's little sister engage in the habit that is so annoying to Jamal?
4. Where is Jamal's brother at the beginning of the book?
5. Who is Jamal waiting for at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)