|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time of the evening does Mrs. Stitch invariably go home, according to John Boot?
(a) 2 a.m.
(b) 1 a.m.
(c) 11 p.m.
2. Which activity is Mrs. Stitch NOT performing from her bed when John Boot visits?
(a) Answering the crossword.
(b) Deciding on costumes for a charity ballet.
(c) Signing cheques.
(d) Knitting a quilt.
3. To what country does <i>The Daily Beast</i> want William Boot to travel?
4. What is the name of the woman who attends William in the equipment emporium?
(a) Mrs. Salter.
(b) Miss Bloggs.
(c) Miss Barton.
(d) Miss Burkley.
5. What does the Swiss waiter attempt to persuade William's companion in the train to purchase?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A gold watch.
(c) Flank steak.
(d) Mineral water.
6. In what month do the events of the <i>Scoop</i> begin to unfold?
7. How many children does the French colonial administrator have?
8. William's heart is described as rising with the plane the first time he takes off. To what is this compared?
9. How many times has Corker left England previous to the Ishmaelia expedition?
(b) Dozens of times.
10. To where does William walk after returning to his hotel, following the incident in Croydon?
(a) Westminster Abbey.
(b) South Kensington.
(c) Hyde Park.
(d) The Megalopolitan Office.
11. To what street is William suddenly whisked off to in a taxi in order to cover a story regarding Mrs. Stitch?
(a) Fleet Street.
(b) St. Bride's Avenue.
(c) Walker Street.
(d) Sloane Street.
12. What has Nannie Bloggs promised William if ever she wins the Irish Sweepstakes?
(a) To buy him a car.
(b) To take him in a plane.
(c) To take him across seas.
(d) To send him to journalism school.
13. From what famous individual has Uncle Bernard traced William Boot's descent?
(a) Canute the Celt.
(b) Uther Pendragon.
(c) King Alfred.
(d) Ethelred the Unready.
14. Where does John Boot wish to be sent, as revealed in his private conversation with Mrs. Stitch?
15. Which member of the Boot family owns the house and estate?
(a) William Boot.
(b) Theodore Boot.
(c) Bernard Boot.
(d) Roderick Boot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unfortunately happens to William's first passport?
2. How many visas is William advised to get for his trip to Ishmaelia?
3. Why does Mrs. Stitch prefer the sort of car she drives?
4. With whom does William meet at the first Ishmaelite Legation?
5. What sort of coin does William mistakenly attempt to give the steward on the train to London?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)