|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the companion's valet on the train?
2. What is the title of William Boot's regular column in <i>The Daily Beast</i>?
(a) <i>London Gentleman.</i>
(b) <i>Lush Places.</i>
(c) <i>Plashy Fens.</i>
(d) <i>The Questing Vole.</i>
3. At what time does Mr. Salter awake William by telephone while the latter is at the hotel?
(a) 1 p.m.
(b) 8 a.m.
(c) 10 a.m.
(d) 4 a.m.
4. What French philosopher is mentioned in Book 1, Chapter 4, section 6?
(b) Rene Descartes.
(c) Jacques Maritain.
(d) Jean-Jacques Rousseau.
5. In what month do the events of the <i>Scoop</i> begin to unfold?
6. Of what school is the man William meets at the first Ishmaelite Legation a graduate?
(a) King's College London.
(b) Yale University.
(c) The Baptist College of Antigua.
(d) Cambridge University.
7. What is the cost to transport William's luggage to his first destination?
(a) 130 pounds.
(b) 301 pounds.
(c) 103 pounds.
(d) 107 pounds.
8. How many lords are on staff at the Megalopolitan office?
9. To what country does <i>The Daily Beast</i> want William Boot to travel?
10. At what time of the evening does Mrs. Stitch invariably go home, according to John Boot?
(a) 11 p.m.
(c) 1 a.m.
(d) 2 a.m.
11. To where does William walk after returning to his hotel, following the incident in Croydon?
(a) Hyde Park.
(b) The Megalopolitan Office.
(c) Westminster Abbey.
(d) South Kensington.
12. What does the American girl, believing that he is going to Ishmaelia, give to John Boot as a good luck charm?
(a) A bog-oak pig.
(b) A wet rabbit's foot.
(c) A metal cross.
(d) A locket with her picture.
13. What is the name of the woman who attends William in the equipment emporium?
(a) Miss Barton.
(b) Miss Burkley.
(c) Mrs. Salter.
(d) Miss Bloggs.
14. What city is Mr. Salter attempting to locate in an atlas on occasion of his first meeting with William Boot?
15. William's heart is described as rising with the plane the first time he takes off. To what is this compared?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of the Boot household is the richest in ready cash?
2. With whom does William meet at the first Ishmaelite Legation?
3. For what paper does Mr. Pappenhacker work?
4. With what animal does Priscilla mischievously replace the animal on which William Boot had written for his recent Lush Places article?
5. How does William's train companion relate making the acquaintance of his valet?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)