Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what sort of art is Corker infatuated?
(a) Oriental Art.
(b) American Art.
(c) African Art.
(d) Occidental Art.
2. For what item is William asked at the very end of Book 1, Chapter 3?
(a) A hundred pounds.
(b) His passport.
(c) His typewriter.
(d) An autograph.
3. How many lords are on staff at the Megalopolitan office?
4. From what famous individual has Uncle Bernard traced William Boot's descent?
(a) Ethelred the Unready.
(b) King Alfred.
(c) Uther Pendragon.
(d) Canute the Celt.
5. What sort of coin does William mistakenly attempt to give the steward on the train to London?
(a) A six-pence.
(b) A shilling.
(c) A sovereign.
(d) A pound.
6. With how many other passengers does William fly on his way to Paris?
7. What is the new word which Josephine learns and uses to describe many things to John Boot?
8. What longtime secret ambition of William's is near to fulfillment towards the end of Book 1, Chapter 3?
(a) To cover a big story.
(b) To fly in a plane.
(c) To leave England.
(d) To visit a foreign country.
9. Which novel of John Boot's does Mrs. Stitch praise while abed?
(a) <i>Life of Rimbaud</i>.
(b) <i>The History of Time</i>.
(c) <i>The Great Glebe</i>.
(d) <i>Waste of Time<i/>.
10. What beverage does Corker attempt to order from the steward on the boat?
(a) A pint of bitter.
(b) A tablespoon of butter.
(c) A glass of Bourdeaux.
(d) A glass of Riesling.
11. When William first arrives at the Megalopolitan building, he finds it:
12. Which member of the Boot family owns the house and estate?
(a) Bernard Boot.
(b) William Boot.
(c) Roderick Boot.
(d) Theodore Boot.
13. To what street is William suddenly whisked off to in a taxi in order to cover a story regarding Mrs. Stitch?
(a) Walker Street.
(b) Sloane Street.
(c) St. Bride's Avenue.
(d) Fleet Street.
14. What position does John Boot initially seek from Mr. Stitch as a means of foreign employ?
(a) A trade representative.
(b) A position of espionage.
(c) A diplomatic ambassador.
(d) A wartime correspondent.
15. What makes Corker ill while on the ship to Ishmaelia?
(a) The wine.
(b) The humidity.
(c) A virus.
(d) The fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cost to transport William's luggage to his first destination?
2. What is William's initial destination on his way to Ishmaelia?
3. Why is William perplexed by the telegram he receives from <i>The Daily Beast</i> while at Aden?
4. What is the name of the ship in which William must travel to Aden?
5. What does the Swiss waiter attempt to persuade William's companion in the train to purchase?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)