|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what country does <i>The Daily Beast</i> want William Boot to travel?
2. What does the American girl, believing that he is going to Ishmaelia, give to John Boot as a good luck charm?
(a) A metal cross.
(b) A wet rabbit's foot.
(c) A bog-oak pig.
(d) A locket with her picture.
3. How many visas is William advised to get for his trip to Ishmaelia?
4. For what do the initials of Corker's agency "U.N." stand?
(a) United News.
(b) Unlimited Nationals.
(c) Universe News.
(d) Universal News.
5. How does Josephine Stitch always greet John Boot?
(a) By kissing him.
(b) By punching him.
(c) By kicking him.
(d) By hugging him.
6. For what paper does Mr. Pappenhacker work?
(a) <i>The Messageries Maritimes</i>.
(b) <i>The Twopence</i>.
(c) <i>The Daily Beast</i>.
(d) <i>The Daily Brute</i>.
7. What important individual initially meets William at the equipment emporium?
(a) Algernon Stitch.
(b) John Boot.
(c) Lord Copper.
(d) General Cruttwell.
8. What is the cost to transport William's luggage to his first destination?
(a) 103 pounds.
(b) 301 pounds.
(c) 107 pounds.
(d) 130 pounds.
9. What object of William's passes by the customs officials of the airport without scrutiny?
(a) His boots.
(b) The typewriter.
(c) The cleft sticks.
(d) The canoe.
10. Who is the proprietor of <i>The Daily Brute</i>?
(a) Lord Copper.
(b) Mr. Salter.
(c) Sir Maubray.
(d) Lord Zinc.
11. How does Mr. Salter always answer Lord Copper when the latter is incorrect?
(a) "It is possible."
(b) "Up to a point."
(c) "Definitely, Lord Copper."
(d) "Within reason, Lord Copper."
12. Which member of the Boot household is the richest in ready cash?
(a) Nannie Bloggs.
(b) Nannie Price.
(c) The Widow Boot.
(d) The Elder Widow Boot.
13. To what street is William suddenly whisked off to in a taxi in order to cover a story regarding Mrs. Stitch?
(a) Sloane Street.
(b) Fleet Street.
(c) Walker Street.
(d) St. Bride's Avenue.
14. What makes Corker ill while on the ship to Ishmaelia?
(a) A virus.
(b) The humidity.
(c) The wine.
(d) The fish.
15. What position does John Boot initially seek from Mr. Stitch as a means of foreign employ?
(a) A wartime correspondent.
(b) A diplomatic ambassador.
(c) A trade representative.
(d) A position of espionage.
Short Answer Questions
1. When William first arrives at the Megalopolitan building, he finds it:
2. What is the name of the ship in which William must travel to Aden?
3. What city is Mr. Salter attempting to locate in an atlas on occasion of his first meeting with William Boot?
4. Who is the most valued friend of John Boot?
5. Which member of the Boot family owns the house and estate?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)