|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman who attends William in the equipment emporium?
(a) Miss Burkley.
(b) Miss Barton.
(c) Miss Bloggs.
(d) Mrs. Salter.
2. How many children does the French colonial administrator have?
3. Of what does Mr. Salter insist Lord Copper must remain ignorant?
(a) The oversight of the passport.
(b) Mrs. Stitch discovering the mix-up.
(c) William oversleeping by half a day.
(d) A fire in Lord Copper's office.
4. What side of the Ishmaelite conflict does Lord Copper insist is in the right?
(a) The Patriots.
(b) The Traitors.
(c) The Independents.
(d) The Rebels.
5. Where does John Boot wish to be sent, as revealed in his private conversation with Mrs. Stitch?
6. What is the cost to transport William's luggage to his first destination?
(a) 103 pounds.
(b) 130 pounds.
(c) 301 pounds.
(d) 107 pounds.
7. With what sort of art is Corker infatuated?
(a) American Art.
(b) African Art.
(c) Oriental Art.
(d) Occidental Art.
8. Which member of the Boot family owns the motor car?
(a) Aunt Anne.
(b) Uncle Roderick.
(c) Uncle Theodore.
(d) Priscilla Boot.
9. To what does "unnatural" correspond in the telegram William receives at Aden?
(a) Sea travel.
(c) Universal News.
10. To what country does <i>The Daily Beast</i> want William Boot to travel?
11. What city is Mr. Salter attempting to locate in an atlas on occasion of his first meeting with William Boot?
12. What time of day does John Boot visit the Stitch residence?
(a) 7 a.m.
(b) 12 p.m.
(c) 3 p.m.
(d) 11 a.m.
13. For how long has Mrs. Stitch been stranded in her car when William arrives?
(a) Seventy-two minutes.
(b) Four minutes.
(c) Half an hour.
(d) Three hours.
14. How does William's train companion relate making the acquaintance of his valet?
(a) They served together in the war.
(b) They both once worked at <i>The Daily Brute</i>.
(c) They met at an English pub.
(d) They went to church together.
15. To what street is William suddenly whisked off to in a taxi in order to cover a story regarding Mrs. Stitch?
(a) Walker Street.
(b) St. Bride's Avenue.
(c) Fleet Street.
(d) Sloane Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what famous individual has Uncle Bernard traced William Boot's descent?
2. Why is William perplexed by the telegram he receives from <i>The Daily Beast</i> while at Aden?
3. What animal does the Captain of the <i>Francmacon</i>'s wife keep as a pet?
4. For what item is William asked at the very end of Book 1, Chapter 3?
5. How much money is William given by <i>The Daily Beast</i> in traveler's checks?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)