|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many servants attend to the Boot family?
2. What longtime secret ambition of William's is near to fulfillment towards the end of Book 1, Chapter 3?
(a) To leave England.
(b) To visit a foreign country.
(c) To fly in a plane.
(d) To cover a big story.
3. For how long has Mrs. Stitch been stranded in her car when William arrives?
(a) Seventy-two minutes.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Four minutes.
(d) Half an hour.
4. With what animal does Priscilla mischievously replace the animal on which William Boot had written for his recent Lush Places article?
(a) The willow-tailed fox.
(b) The great crested grebe.
(c) The badger.
(d) The wolf.
5. On what animal has William Boot composed one of his "more finished essays," as reported in Book 1, Chapter 2?
(a) The badger.
(b) The wolf.
(c) The great crested grebe.
(d) The willow-tailed fox.
6. How many children does the French colonial administrator have?
7. What time of day does John Boot visit the Stitch residence?
(a) 7 a.m.
(b) 3 p.m.
(c) 12 p.m.
(d) 11 a.m.
8. What famous reporter has <i>The Daily Beast</i> recently lost to a competitor?
9. From where is William supposed to leave England?
(c) South London.
(d) West Kensington.
10. Where is William intending to depart the train?
(a) The Cote d'Azur.
11. What animal does the Captain of the <i>Francmacon</i>'s wife keep as a pet?
(a) A frisky cat.
(b) A hairless dog.
(c) A lethargic snake.
(d) A screaming monkey.
12. For what does William's companion on the train thank William?
(a) For the use of his lighter.
(b) For allowing him on his plane.
(c) For conversing with him.
(d) For shooing off the Swiss waiter.
13. What beverage does Corker attempt to order from the steward on the boat?
(a) A pint of bitter.
(b) A tablespoon of butter.
(c) A glass of Riesling.
(d) A glass of Bourdeaux.
14. How long does Mrs. Stitch take in the bath while John Boot waits?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 5 minutes.
(d) 25 minutes.
15. Which member of the Boot family owns the motor car?
(a) Uncle Roderick.
(b) Priscilla Boot.
(c) Aunt Anne.
(d) Uncle Theodore.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month do the events of the <i>Scoop</i> begin to unfold?
2. What bizarre claim does the pseudo-consul of the second Ishmaelite Legation make?
3. How many lords are on staff at the Megalopolitan office?
4. What city is Mr. Salter attempting to locate in an atlas on occasion of his first meeting with William Boot?
5. What is the title of William Boot's regular column in <i>The Daily Beast</i>?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)