|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Josephine Stitch always greet John Boot?
(a) By kissing him.
(b) By hugging him.
(c) By kicking him.
(d) By punching him.
2. What object of William's passes by the customs officials of the airport without scrutiny?
(a) The canoe.
(b) His boots.
(c) The cleft sticks.
(d) The typewriter.
3. At what time does William Boot, after a harrowing morning in the hotel, reach Copper House, to Mr. Salter's dismay?
(a) 2 p.m.
(b) 12 p.m.
(c) 4 p.m.
(d) 11 a.m.
4. How many children does the French colonial administrator have?
5. What position does John Boot initially seek from Mr. Stitch as a means of foreign employ?
(a) A trade representative.
(b) A wartime correspondent.
(c) A position of espionage.
(d) A diplomatic ambassador.
6. After whose style has William Boot modeled his writing?
(a) Lord Copper.
(b) The late rector of Boot Magna.
(c) John Courteney Boot.
(d) Hillaire Belloc.
7. Why does John Boot want to get away from London?
(a) He wants an opportunity to be famous.
(b) He wants to get away from an American girl.
(c) He wants adventure.
(d) It is too crowded.
8. To what does "unnatural" correspond in the telegram William receives at Aden?
(c) Sea travel.
(d) Universal News.
9. How many servants attend to the Boot family?
10. Who is the highest paid journalist in America, about whom Corker tells William a story?
(a) Wenlock Jakes.
(b) Jack Bannister.
(c) Jocelyn Hitchcock.
(d) Edward Robinson.
11. For how long has Mrs. Stitch been stranded in her car when William arrives?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Four minutes.
(c) Seventy-two minutes.
(d) Half an hour.
12. What important individual initially meets William at the equipment emporium?
(a) Algernon Stitch.
(b) John Boot.
(c) General Cruttwell.
(d) Lord Copper.
13. At what time of the evening does Mrs. Stitch invariably go home, according to John Boot?
(a) 11 p.m.
(b) 2 a.m.
(c) 1 a.m.
14. What has Nannie Bloggs promised William if ever she wins the Irish Sweepstakes?
(a) To send him to journalism school.
(b) To take him in a plane.
(c) To take him across seas.
(d) To buy him a car.
15. How many times has Corker left England previous to the Ishmaelia expedition?
(c) Dozens of times.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what famous individual has Uncle Bernard traced William Boot's descent?
2. Where is William intending to depart the train?
3. What makes Corker ill while on the ship to Ishmaelia?
4. How many visas is William advised to get for his trip to Ishmaelia?
5. How does William's train companion relate making the acquaintance of his valet?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)