|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where does William walk after returning to his hotel, following the incident in Croydon?
(a) The Megalopolitan Office.
(b) Westminster Abbey.
(c) Hyde Park.
(d) South Kensington.
2. Which member of the Boot family owns the motor car?
(a) Aunt Anne.
(b) Priscilla Boot.
(c) Uncle Roderick.
(d) Uncle Theodore.
3. What beverage does Corker attempt to order from the steward on the boat?
(a) A pint of bitter.
(b) A tablespoon of butter.
(c) A glass of Riesling.
(d) A glass of Bourdeaux.
4. What is the cost to transport William's luggage to his first destination?
(a) 103 pounds.
(b) 130 pounds.
(c) 107 pounds.
(d) 301 pounds.
5. What bizarre claim does the pseudo-consul of the second Ishmaelite Legation make?
(a) That true Ishmaelites are immortal.
(b) That the Ishmaelite government has been around since the time of Caesar.
(c) That the Ishmaelites are an Aryan race.
(d) That he was brought up in Japan.
6. With how many other passengers does William fly on his way to Paris?
7. What longtime secret ambition of William's is near to fulfillment towards the end of Book 1, Chapter 3?
(a) To visit a foreign country.
(b) To cover a big story.
(c) To fly in a plane.
(d) To leave England.
8. Why does Mrs. Stitch prefer the sort of car she drives?
(a) It does not use much petrol.
(b) It fits on the curb.
(c) It designates her social status.
(d) It can carry a lot of luggage.
9. What is the title of William Boot's regular column in <i>The Daily Beast</i>?
(a) <i>The Questing Vole.</i>
(b) <i>London Gentleman.</i>
(c) <i>Lush Places.</i>
(d) <i>Plashy Fens.</i>
10. What object of William's passes by the customs officials of the airport without scrutiny?
(a) The cleft sticks.
(b) His boots.
(c) The typewriter.
(d) The canoe.
11. Which novel of John Boot's does Mrs. Stitch praise while abed?
(a) <i>Waste of Time<i/>.
(b) <i>The History of Time</i>.
(c) <i>Life of Rimbaud</i>.
(d) <i>The Great Glebe</i>.
12. With what sort of art is Corker infatuated?
(a) African Art.
(b) Occidental Art.
(c) Oriental Art.
(d) American Art.
13. How much does William's toothbrush purchased from the hotel cost?
(a) Four shillings.
(b) Five shillings.
(c) One pound.
(d) Eight pounds.
14. What position does John Boot initially seek from Mr. Stitch as a means of foreign employ?
(a) A diplomatic ambassador.
(b) A trade representative.
(c) A position of espionage.
(d) A wartime correspondent.
15. How does Mr. Salter always answer Lord Copper when the latter is incorrect?
(a) "Definitely, Lord Copper."
(b) "Up to a point."
(c) "It is possible."
(d) "Within reason, Lord Copper."
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Corker ill while on the ship to Ishmaelia?
2. At what time does Mr. Salter awake William by telephone while the latter is at the hotel?
3. What word describes William Boot's opinion of his visits to London?
4. With whom does William meet at the first Ishmaelite Legation?
5. What is the name of the companion's valet on the train?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)