|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does William use to describe the captain's wife to Corker upon first meeting the latter?
2. What word describes William Boot's opinion of his visits to London?
3. Into what airport does William fly after leaving England?
(a) Aeroports de Paris.
(b) Brussels Airport.
(c) Le Bourget.
(d) Aeroport de Marseilles.
4. What is the name of the woman who attends William in the equipment emporium?
(a) Miss Burkley.
(b) Miss Bloggs.
(c) Miss Barton.
(d) Mrs. Salter.
5. Where does John Boot wish to be sent, as revealed in his private conversation with Mrs. Stitch?
6. What food do William, the French administrator, and the administrator's children reject while dining on the <i>Francmacon</i>?
(a) Old, greasy ham.
(b) Shriveled oysters.
(c) Cold, white fish.
(d) Hot, pepper-covered fish.
7. How many members of the Boot family live in Boot Magna Hall?
8. At what time does Mr. Salter awake William by telephone while the latter is at the hotel?
(a) 4 a.m.
(b) 10 a.m.
(c) 8 a.m.
(d) 1 p.m.
9. What position does John Boot initially seek from Mr. Stitch as a means of foreign employ?
(a) A trade representative.
(b) A diplomatic ambassador.
(c) A position of espionage.
(d) A wartime correspondent.
10. Which activity is Mrs. Stitch NOT performing from her bed when John Boot visits?
(a) Signing cheques.
(b) Answering the crossword.
(c) Knitting a quilt.
(d) Deciding on costumes for a charity ballet.
11. What does the American girl, believing that he is going to Ishmaelia, give to John Boot as a good luck charm?
(a) A bog-oak pig.
(b) A metal cross.
(c) A wet rabbit's foot.
(d) A locket with her picture.
12. Who is the proprietor of <i>The Daily Brute</i>?
(a) Sir Maubray.
(b) Lord Copper.
(c) Lord Zinc.
(d) Mr. Salter.
13. How many servants attend to the Boot family?
14. Which member of the Boot household is the richest in ready cash?
(a) The Elder Widow Boot.
(b) Nannie Bloggs.
(c) The Widow Boot.
(d) Nannie Price.
15. Who is the highest paid journalist in America, about whom Corker tells William a story?
(a) Jack Bannister.
(b) Wenlock Jakes.
(c) Jocelyn Hitchcock.
(d) Edward Robinson.
Short Answer Questions
1. When William first arrives at the Megalopolitan building, he finds it:
2. What city is Mr. Salter attempting to locate in an atlas on occasion of his first meeting with William Boot?
3. What bizarre claim does the pseudo-consul of the second Ishmaelite Legation make?
4. Of what does Mr. Salter insist Lord Copper must remain ignorant?
5. How many lords are on staff at the Megalopolitan office?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)