Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lady Teazle wish Sir Peter would allow Maria to marry Charles?
2. What does Sir Oliver decide to do in Act 4, Scene 2?
3. When Sir Peter sees a lady's petticoats behind the screen, what does Joseph claim?
4. What does Sir Oliver decide to pay off following the portrait auction?
5. How does Joseph feel about saving the situation with Charles and Maria at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 4?
The statement is made that Sir Oliver has seen Charles at his worst, and Charles at his best. However, Sir Oliver is also described as "a good judge of character"; who tends to see the better side of people. Write an essay detailing whether the preceding statements contribute to the formation of an antithesis. Support your position with dialogue, text, and/or paraphrase from the play.
Describe the single most significant factor that foreshadows the apparent transformation of Lady Teazle from a loud, demanding shrew upon the audience's first glimpse of her, to a genteel, soft-spoken lady at the end of the play.
How does The School for Scandal demonstrate the fickleness of education?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)