Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lady Teazle wish Sir Peter would allow Maria to marry Charles?
2. What does Sir Oliver decide to do in Act 4, Scene 2?
3. When Sir Peter sees a lady's petticoats behind the screen, what does Joseph claim?
4. What does Sir Oliver decide to pay off following the portrait auction?
5. How does Joseph feel about saving the situation with Charles and Maria at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 4?
Step back in time to the setting of the play in the late 1700's, when modern-day entertainment outlets such as radio, television, and tabloids were not available. Focus on the gossip sessions that Lady Sneerwell holds at her home, along with those who attended and participate in those sessions. Write an essay comparing and contrasting whether the participants in her gossip sessions were participating in the gossip gatherings for the sake of entertainment, or because they simply had less than a good heart? Support your position with text, dialogue, or paraphrase from the play.
Sir Peter and Lady Teazle experience many marital problems in The School for Scandal. What does Sheridan seem to be saying about marriage through their relationship?
How is Lady Teazle's reformation shown in The School for Scandal?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)