Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lady Teazle wish Sir Peter would allow Maria to marry Charles?
2. What does Sir Oliver decide to do in Act 4, Scene 2?
3. When Sir Peter sees a lady's petticoats behind the screen, what does Joseph claim?
4. What does Sir Oliver decide to pay off following the portrait auction?
5. How does Joseph feel about saving the situation with Charles and Maria at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 4?
Essay Topic 1
How is Lady Teazle's reformation shown in The School for Scandal?
Essay Topic 2
Lady Sneerwell and Mrs. Candour are both huge gossips, but they have very different motives. Compare and contrast these two women.
Essay Topic 3
During the period that "The School for Scandal and Other Plays" was written, Jewish characters were stereotyped in roles relating to money, as exemplified by Mr. Moses, the moneylender in Sheridan's play. Canvassing all the other characters in the play, aside from the aforementioned Jewish character stereotyping, does any other type of stereotyping occur with any other character? Write an essay focusing on any other type of stereotyping that you may have observed upon reading Sheridan's play; and support your position with dialogue, text, and/or paraphrase from the play.
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)