|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stanley claim that he has been forced to do?
2. Based on the surroundings within his house, what type of money handler does Charles Surface appear to be?
3. Whose accomplishments does Charles list in Act 4, Scene 1?
4. Who has really impressed Sir Oliver during the portrait auction?
5. How does Mr. Moses perceive all the stories about Charles following the auction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sir Peter and Lady Teazle experience many marital problems in The School for Scandal. What does Sheridan seem to be saying about marriage through their relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the single most significant factor that foreshadows the apparent transformation of Lady Teazle from a loud, demanding shrew upon the audience's first glimpse of her, to a genteel, soft-spoken lady at the end of the play.
Essay Topic 3
What are the benefits and drawbacks to Sir Oliver meeting his nephews while in disguises as Mr. Premium and Stanley?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)