|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Sir Oliver at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
2. What is Sir Oliver able to find in Charles?
3. As Act 3, Scene 3 begins, who is sitting at the table with Charles Surface?
4. Who reveals Sir Oliver's true identity to Charles and Joseph?
5. What does Sir Oliver decide to do in Act 4, Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the main themes in The School for Scandal is that appearances can be deceiving. Which characters demonstrate this theme, and how?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Charles and Joseph Surface, both internally and externally.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the single most significant factor that foreshadows the apparent transformation of Lady Teazle from a loud, demanding shrew upon the audience's first glimpse of her, to a genteel, soft-spoken lady at the end of the play.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)