|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Oliver prove himself to be?
2. What does Mr. Moses point out in Act 4, Scene 2?
3. Who announces the arrival of Sir Oliver and Mr. Moses when they arrive at Charles' house to discuss his request for a loan?
4. What does Sir Peter suspect about Lady Teazle?
5. How does Sir Oliver feel after the auction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the play's end, can it be said that Sheridan has been successful in tackling the problem of gossip and scandal via his pen? Support your position with dialogue, text, and/or paraphrase from the play.
Essay Topic 2
In The School for Scandal, which characters are static and which are dynamic? How is this demonstrated?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the symbolism of Sheridan's use of naming characters to allude to their personalities.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)