|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the occupation of Sir Oliver's alias at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
2. How does Sir Oliver feel about Charles refusing to sell a particular portrait?
3. Where does Charles sell his family portraits?
4. How does Charles handle his business dealings?
5. Who does Sir Oliver name as his heir?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In The School for Scandal, which characters are static and which are dynamic? How is this demonstrated?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout Sheridan's play, it can be said that detail focusing on the gossiping circle's gatherings at Lady Sneerwell's home tend to imply that these gatherings are attended largely, if not exclusively, by women. Write an essay that either supports or disproves that women are solely responsible for spreading the gossip about which Sheridan "complains". Support your position with dialogue, text, and/or paraphrase from the play.
Essay Topic 3
Why is the auction scene so important to The School for Scandal?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)