|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lady Teazle feel about Sir Peter at the end of Act 5, Scene 2?
2. Joseph tells Sir Peter that the woman who is standing behind the screen is which of the following?
3. Where does Lady Teazle hide in Act 4, Scene 3 when Sir Peter arrives?
4. What does Charles offer to do with the remaining family heirlooms?
5. How does Sir Oliver feel after the auction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Sir Oliver and Mr. Moses arrive at Charles' house and are greeted by his well-dressed butler, Trip, the assumption is made by both visitors that the butler is picking up bad spending habits from Charles. Write an essay with focus on whether this is one time that Sir Oliver does not adhere to Sheridan's advice of not judging individuals based solely on appearance.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the symbolism of Sheridan's use of naming characters to allude to their personalities.
Essay Topic 3
In The School for Scandal, which characters are static and which are dynamic? How is this demonstrated?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)