|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lady Teazle wish Sir Peter would allow Maria to marry Charles?
(a) So she does not have to worry about Joseph's interest in Maria.
(b) So Sir Peter will stop complaining about it.
(c) Because it would make Charles happy.
(d) Because it would make Maria happy.
2. Who is Sir Oliver disguised as in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) Mr. Premium.
(c) Sir Peter.
(d) Mr. Moses.
3. What is Sir Oliver pleased to hear when Charles explains why he is not willing to sell his uncle's portrait for a large sum of money?
(a) That Joseph will be joining him for dinner.
(b) That Charles holds him in high regard.
(c) That Lady Sneerwell has invited him to a gossip session.
(d) That Mrs. Candour has embroidered a handkerchief for him.
4. How does Joseph respond to Sir Oliver's request for money?
(a) He claims he has none to give.
(b) He laughs and refuses.
(c) He agrees and pulls out his wallet.
(d) He kicks Sir Oliver out of his house.
5. How does Mr. Moses perceive all the stories about Charles following the auction?
(a) To be false.
(b) To be the work of Lady Sneerwell and her fellow gossipers.
(c) To be true.
(d) To be partially true and partially false.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charles feel when he and Sir Peter enact Sir Peter's scheme?
2. What is the setting of Act 3, Scene 2?
3. Who is the antagonist of The School for Scandal?
4. What does Sir Peter see protruding from behind the screen in Joseph's room?
5. Who does Sir Oliver point out has sent Joseph plenty of money, according to rumor?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)