|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Charles Surface's house.
(b) Lady Sneerwell's house.
(c) The country.
(d) Joseph Surface's house.
2. Where are Mrs. Candour, Lady Sneerwell, Backbite, and Crabtree gathered at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) Lady Sneerwell's house.
(b) In the country.
(c) Joseph's house.
(d) Sir Peter's house.
3. Where does Lady Teazle hide in Act 4, Scene 3 when Sir Peter arrives?
(a) Behind a screen.
(b) She does not hide.
(c) Sir Peter does not arrive.
(d) In the closet.
4. What is Sir Oliver convinced of at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Charles has some worth.
(b) Charles is worthless.
(c) Joseph is worthless.
(d) Joseph has some worth.
5. Which portrait does Charles refuse to sell?
(a) The portrait of Charles.
(b) The portrait of Sir Oliver.
(c) The portrait of Joseph.
(d) The portrait of Charles's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name, other than his own is used to announce the arrival of Sir Oliver?
2. Who is the antagonist of The School for Scandal?
3. As Act 3, Scene 3 begins, who is sitting at the table with Charles Surface?
4. How is Charles Surface known to handle his business dealings?
5. What opportunity does Sir Oliver see in Charles's plan?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)