|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) The portrait room.
(b) The dining room.
(c) The park.
(d) Lady Sneerwell's house.
2. What does Charles Surface give Trip?
(a) Plenty of money.
(b) Some good advice.
(c) His own carriage.
(d) His mother's portrait.
3. Who is Sir Peter mistaken for by Mrs. Candour, Lady Sneerwell, Backbite, and Crabtree as he walks into his house?
(a) Sir Peter's brother, Henry.
(b) A messenger.
(c) Lady Teazle's brother, Phillip.
(d) A physician.
4. What does Sir Oliver show himself to be good at doing?
(a) Playing bridge.
(b) Fixing a hearty breakfast.
(c) Judging character.
(d) Keeping a secret.
5. How does Lady Teazle feel about Sir Peter at the end of Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) She wants a divorce.
(b) She is indifferent to Sir Peter at the end of Act 5, Scene 2.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She is eager to make up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What opportunity does Sir Oliver see in Charles's plan?
2. How much money does Charles make on the sale of the portrait that Sir Oliver had shown interest in buying?
3. What method of sale does Charles Surface intend to use to sell his goods?
4. How does Joseph feel about saving the situation with Charles and Maria at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 4?
5. What does Sir Peter decide to do about his suspicions about Lady Teazle?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)