|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on the surroundings within his house, what type of money handler does Charles Surface appear to be?
(a) Charles is a tight-fisted fellow who does not part with his money frivolously.
(b) He does not handle money well. He is a spendthrift.
(c) He is able to handle it in a conservative manner with the help of his accountant.
(d) Charles Surface does not have any money to handle.
2. What name, other than his own is used to announce the arrival of Sir Oliver?
(a) Mr. Waters.
(b) Mr. Premium.
(c) Stanley Surface.
(d) Woodrow Phelps.
3. Everyone at the table can be considered as which of the following?
(a) Incommunicative and boring.
(b) Greedy and miserly.
(c) Drunk and obnoxious.
(d) Intellectual and scholarly.
4. Who is happy to see Sir Oliver in Act 5, Scene 3?
(b) Lady Teazle.
5. Who reveals to Charles and Joseph who Sir Oliver really is?
(b) Sir Peter.
(d) Mr. Moses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Following Sir Peter's arrival at Joseph's house, who arrives to speak with Joseph Surface?
2. How does Sir Oliver feel about Charles's decision about what to do with the 100 pounds from his check?
3. How will the security for the request made in Act 3, Scene 2 be obtained?
4. Why are Mrs. Candour, Lady Sneerwell, Backbite, and Crabtree surprised to see Sir Peter walk into his home?
5. Who does Sir Oliver name as his heir?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)