|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of stories has Mr. Moses heard about Charles prior to the auction?
2. What portrait does Sir Oliver offer to buy?
(a) The portrait of Charles.
(b) The portrait of Charles's father.
(c) The portrait of Sir Oliver.
(d) The portrait of Joseph.
3. What opportunity does Sir Oliver see in Charles's plan?
(a) He sees no opportunity.
(b) An opportunity to learn about Charles.
(c) An opportunity to embarass Charles.
(d) An opportunity to save the family portraits.
4. What type of objects does Charles Surface have available to sell?
(a) Family portraits.
(b) Fine gold jewelry.
(c) Family heirlooms.
(d) Fruits and vegetables.
5. What is Charles suspicious of in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) That Lady Teazle is behind the screen.
(b) Lady Teazle's attentions to Joseph.
(c) That Sir Peter is hiding in the closet.
(d) He is not suspicious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Mrs. Candour, Lady Sneerwell, Backbite, and Crabtree believe was caught with Lady Teazle?
2. What is required in order for Sir Oliver's companion to acquiesce to the request of the person who makes him wait in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. Who enters in the middle of Act 4, Scene 2?
4. How will the security for the request made in Act 3, Scene 2 be obtained?
5. Why does Lady Teazle wish Sir Peter would allow Maria to marry Charles?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)