|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sir Peter see protruding from behind the screen in Joseph's room?
(a) A chef's hat.
(b) A lady's parasol.
(c) A pair of men's boots.
(d) A lady's petticoat.
2. What is Sir Oliver's impression of Charles as he leaves his home following the portrait auction?
(a) He thinks that Charles is deceptive.
(b) He thinks that Charles has some worth.
(c) He thinks that Charles is foolish.
(d) He thinks that Charles is immature.
3. What does Charles decide to do with 100 pounds from his check?
(a) Invest it.
(b) Give it to Trip.
(c) Use it to buy a gift for Maria.
(d) Give it to Stanley.
4. What portrait does Sir Oliver offer to buy?
(a) The portrait of Charles.
(b) The portrait of Joseph.
(c) The portrait of Sir Oliver.
(d) The portrait of Charles's father.
5. Why does Sir Peter decide to hide in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) Because he is scared of ghosts.
(b) To eavesdrop on Charles.
(c) He does not hide.
(d) To eavesdrop on Lady Teazle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sir Oliver's first impression of Joseph?
2. How much does Sir Oliver offer to obtain his desired portrait?
3. Who announces the arrival of Sir Oliver and Mr. Moses when they arrive at Charles' house to discuss his request for a loan?
4. What does Trip appear to be learning from Charles Surface?
5. How does Charles handle his business dealings?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)