|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sir Oliver decide to do in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Marry Maria.
(b) Have an affair with Lady Teazle.
(c) Pay off Charles's debts himself.
(d) Disinherit Charles.
2. Why does Lady Teazle wish Sir Peter would allow Maria to marry Charles?
(a) Because it would make Charles happy.
(b) So she does not have to worry about Joseph's interest in Maria.
(c) Because it would make Maria happy.
(d) So Sir Peter will stop complaining about it.
3. Why are Mrs. Candour, Lady Sneerwell, Backbite, and Crabtree surprised to see Sir Peter walk into his home?
(a) They thought that he was supposed to be in China
(b) They thought that he and Lady Teazle were in Wales.
(c) They thought he had been wounded, and at death's door.
(d) They thought that he had broken his leg.
4. Everyone at the table can be considered as which of the following?
(a) Drunk and obnoxious.
(b) Incommunicative and boring.
(c) Greedy and miserly.
(d) Intellectual and scholarly.
5. What opportunity does Sir Oliver see in Charles's plan?
(a) An opportunity to learn about Charles.
(b) An opportunity to save the family portraits.
(c) An opportunity to embarass Charles.
(d) He sees no opportunity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Trip announce in Act 3, Scene 3?
2. What are the men doing at the table when Mr. Moses and Sir Oliver enter at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 3?
3. What does Sir Oliver decide to pay off following the portrait auction?
4. Following Sir Peter's arrival at Joseph's house, who arrives to speak with Joseph Surface?
5. What do the men in Act 3, Scene 3 sing?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)