|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Act 3, Scene 3 begins, who is sitting at the table with Charles Surface?
(a) His brother, Joseph Surface.
(b) His friend, Benjamin Backbite.
(c) His friend, Careless.
2. What does Sir Oliver prove himself to be?
(a) A bad uncle.
(b) A friend to Sir Peter.
(c) A greedy miser.
(d) A good judge of character.
3. What does Sir Oliver decide to do in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Have an affair with Lady Teazle.
(b) Marry Maria.
(c) Pay off Charles's debts himself.
(d) Disinherit Charles.
4. What does Trip appear to be learning from Charles Surface?
(a) How to be more sociable.
(b) Bad habits about money management.
(c) The art of painting.
(d) Gossiping techniques.
5. Where are Charles' family portraits stored?
(a) In a walk-in safe.
(b) The Portrait Room.
(c) At a local art gallery.
(d) In the Grand Hallway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Charles and Joseph agree upon in Act 5, Scene 3?
2. What is the setting of Act 4, Scene 2?
3. How does Sir Oliver see Charles to be beneath the surface during and after the portrait auction?
4. In what type of lifestyle does Sir Peter decide that he will allow his wife, Lady Teazle to live?
5. How does Joseph feel about saving the situation with Charles and Maria at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 4?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)