|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Mrs. Candour, Lady Sneerwell, Backbite, and Crabtree believe was caught with Lady Teazle?
(a) Sir Oliver.
2. In what type of lifestyle does Sir Peter decide that he will allow his wife, Lady Teazle to live?
3. What type of stories has Mr. Moses heard about Charles prior to the auction?
4. What is Charles doing as he sits at the table in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) He is writing a letter to Maria.
(b) He is counting some coins.
(c) He is eating.
(d) He is drinking (liquor).
5. What portrait does Sir Oliver offer to buy?
(a) The portrait of Sir Oliver.
(b) The portrait of Joseph.
(c) The portrait of Charles.
(d) The portrait of Charles's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on the surroundings within his house, what type of money handler does Charles Surface appear to be?
2. What does Mr. Moses refuse to do with respect to Trip?
3. As Act 3, Scene 2 opens, where do Sir Oliver and Mr. Moses arrive?
4. Sir Oliver feels that Charles could have placated his creditors by doing which of the following?
5. What is Sir Oliver pleased to hear when Charles explains why he is not willing to sell his uncle's portrait for a large sum of money?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)