|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sir Peter think Lady Teazle should be happy with anything he gives her?
(a) Because she loves him.
(b) Because she grew up poor.
(c) Because he loves her.
(d) Because she is never happy.
2. Who arrives to hear Sir Peter's troubles with Lady Teazle in Act 1, Scene 2?
(d) Sir Peter.
3. Who does Rowley believe Lady Teazle has her eye on?
(d) Sir Oliver.
4. Prior to his marriage to Lady Teazle, what type of woman did Sir Peter try to find to court and marry?
(a) A refined aristocrat with lots of money.
(b) A middle-class woman with a great sense of humor, and an appreciation of the arts.
(c) A beautiful woman with a wonderful heart, of any economic status.
(d) A poor woman of little accomplishment, with not much need for money.
5. Who does Sir Peter believe was too liberal with Charles?
(a) Sir Peter.
(d) Sir Oliver, Charles's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Sneerwell is planning to pair off Maria with whom of the following?
2. How long have Sir Peter Teazle and Lady Teazle been married?
3. Which couple does Rowley believe to have the capability of entering into a compatible marriage?
4. Sir Peter believes that his wife, Lady Teazle, has set her eyes on which of the following?
5. What does the speaker of "A Portrait" advise against?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, what are Lady Sneerwell and Snake celebrating in relation to their attempts to assassinate the characters of others?
2. What happens while Sir Oliver and Mr. Moses are forced to wait?
3. How does Lady Teazle include Sir Peter in her future plans?
4. Why is Sir Peter Teazle miserable in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. How does it become evident that Charles' butler, Trip has an ulterior motive in making the two money lenders wait for Charles?
6. How does Sir Oliver tease Sir Peter at the end of Act 5, Scene 2, and how does Sir Peter react?
7. What is it that Sir Oliver reasons that Charles could have done with the 100 pounds instead of having given it to "Stanley"?
8. What does Sir Peter do in relation to the words that Rowley had previously shared with Sir Oliver in relation to Sir Oliver's nephews, Charles and Joseph Surface?
9. What does Sir Oliver want to know about the status of Charles' moneymaking resources?
10. In Act 5, Scene 3, how is Sir Oliver mistakenly identified by both of his nephews?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)