|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long have Sir Peter Teazle and Lady Teazle been married?
(a) Three years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Eighteen months.
(d) Six months.
2. Why does the news of his friend's return concern Sir Peter in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Because he and Sir Peter used to mock marriage, but he now finds himself miserably married.
(b) Because he no longer wants to be friends with him.
(c) It does not concern Sir Peter; he is happy.
(d) Because Sir Peter owes him a lot of money.
3. Lady Sneerwell is planning to pair off Maria with whom of the following?
(a) Uncle Crabtree.
(b) Joseph Surface.
(c) Benjamin Backbite.
4. Who enters the gossipers' gathering at Lady Sneerwell's with Lady Teazle?
(a) Sir Peter Teazle.
(c) Mrs. Candour.
5. What does Sir Peter attempt to do when Lady Teazle enters near the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Find out who she is having an affair with.
(b) Obtain a divorce.
(c) Convince her of his love.
(d) Soften her heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What novel is alluded to in the Prologue?
2. What is the dedication often used to do?
3. What genre of writing is The School for Scandal?
4. What qualifies the individual to be honored in the portrait portion of the play?
5. Which of the following terms best describes the marriage of Sir Peter Teazle and Lady Teazle?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Sir Oliver's identity crisis resolved altogether?
2. What happens while Sir Oliver and Mr. Moses are forced to wait?
3. In Act 4, Scene 2, how does Sir Oliver steadfastly defend his nephew, Charles' reputation?
4. How does Lady Teazle include Sir Peter in her future plans?
5. How does Sir Peter feel about the party in Act 2, Scene 2, and how does he react?
6. In Act 4, Scene 3, what are the reasons that Lady Teazle states that have placed her at odds with her husband, Sir Peter?
7. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, what does Rowley tell Sir Peter, and how does Sir Peter react?
8. In Act 3, Scene 2, what is the demeanor exuded by Trip the butler as he opens the door comes face to face with Sir Oliver and Mr. Moses?
9. Why is Joseph in a bad mood at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1, and how does he act?
10. How does Charles respond to Sir Oliver's questioning in Act 3, Scene 3?
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)