|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sir Peter obtain rather than the beautiful, retiring woman he sought?
(a) A best friend.
(b) An absolute beast.
(c) Exactly what he sought.
(d) An angel.
2. Who does Rowley tell Sir Peter has returned from India toward the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Benjamin Backbite.
(b) Lady Teazle.
(c) Sir Oliver Surface.
3. With whom does Lady Teazle keep an appointment?
(a) Mrs. Candour.
(b) Frances Crewe.
(c) Lady Sneerwell.
(d) Sir Oliver.
4. Which of the following represents Mr. Moses' heritage?
5. Who does Sir Peter believe was too liberal with Charles?
(a) Sir Peter.
(d) Sir Oliver, Charles's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that everyone is always eager to hear as mentioned in the prologue of the play?
2. What does Maria do when she sees Lady Teazle heading toward her?
3. What does the speaker of "A Portrait" advise against?
4. Why is it that Sir Oliver does not trust his nephew Joseph completely?
5. Who does Lady Teazle blame for her greed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lady Teazle include Sir Peter in her future plans?
2. What are Lady Sneerwell and Snake discussing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What happens between Maria and Joseph in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What does Mr. Moses point out in Act 4, Scene 2?
5. What happens when Sir Peter tries to soften Lady Teazle's heart in Act 3, Scene 1?
6. What happens at the beginning of the party in Act 2, Scene 2?
7. In Act 4, Scene 3, what are the reasons that Lady Teazle states that have placed her at odds with her husband, Sir Peter?
8. What is the significance of "A Portrait"?
9. Why does Maria enter the scene in Act 1, Scene 1?
10. How does Sir Peter feel about Charles in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)