Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who moves off to speak to each other privately at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Joseph Surface and Maria.
(b) Lady Sneerwell and Snake.
(c) Charles Surface and Maria.
(d) Lady Teazle and Sir Peter.
2. Who does Lady Teazle blame for her greed?
(a) Lady Sneerwell.
(c) Sir Peter.
3. Who says, "I leave my character behind me" as they leave the party in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Joseph Surface.
(b) Sir Peter Teazle.
(d) Sir Oliver Surface.
4. What does Sir Peter Teazle offer the audience immediately prior to his departure from the stage?
(a) A wink.
(b) A preview of the next scene in the play.
(c) His gratitude for their attendance and support.
(d) One final complaint about his wife.
5. What does Sir Oliver plan to do when he meets with Charles?
(a) He does not plan to meet Charles.
(b) Impersonate a money-lender, Mr. Premium.
(c) Disinherit him.
(d) Loan him money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the lady's abilities does the gentleman praise?
2. What makes the situation at the end of Act 2, Scene 1 worse on Sir Peter?
3. When Sir Peter leaves the gossipers' gathering at the home of Lady Sneerwell, what does he claim to have left behind?
4. What does Mr. Moses do for a living?
5. Who is pleased to hear of Snake's employment in this matter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens while Sir Oliver and Mr. Moses are forced to wait?
2. In Act 5, Scene 2, what does the gathered party believe happened at Joseph's house?
3. In Act 4, Scene 1, what does Charles ask Rowley to do?
4. In Act 2, Scene 3, how does it become evident that Rowley has betrayed Sir Peter with regard to news about his marriage to a young shrew?
5. What plans do Lady Sneerwell and Snake make in relation to the relationship between Charles and Maria?
6. How does Charles respond to Sir Oliver's questioning in Act 3, Scene 3?
7. How is Mr. Moses, the Jewish money lender portrayed as a "friendly Israelite"?
8. What happens at Charles's house in Act 3, Scene 2?
9. What are Sir Peter's opinions of Charles and Joseph?
10. In Act 4, Scene 2, how does Sir Oliver steadfastly defend his nephew, Charles' reputation?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)