|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 2, who claims that Charles is an upright young man?
(c) Lady Teazle.
(d) Sir Peter.
2. What is Lady Teazle wanting to buy?
(b) A French poodle.
(c) Expensive new fashions.
(d) A gold locket.
3. Who is John Crewe?
(a) Father of Jacob Crewe.
(b) Grandson of Herbert W. Crewe.
(c) Husband of Frances Anne Crewe.
4. Who does Sir Peter think Lady Teazle has her eye on?
(a) Sir Oliver.
5. How do Sir Peter and Sir Oliver greet each other in Act 2, Scene 3?
(d) They do not greet one another.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is David Garrick?
2. What is Sir Peter shocked and appalled to witness when he arrives at the gathering?
3. Once the party in Act 1, Scene 1 is assembled, who do they begin gossiping about?
4. Who is The School for Scandal dedicated to?
5. What do Lady Teazle and Joseph Surface share?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Rowley and Sir Oliver talking about in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What plans do Lady Sneerwell and Snake make in relation to the relationship between Charles and Maria?
3. How do Mr. Moses and Trip's business negotiations progress?
4. In Act 2, Scene 2, what do Joseph Surface and Maria do while the gossip gathering is in full swing?
5. How does Sir Oliver feel about Charles in Act 4, Scene 2?
6. What happens at Charles's house in Act 3, Scene 2?
7. What does Playwright Richard Brinsley Sheridan admonish the audience members from doing in the Portrait section of his Play?
8. How is the gossiping group's misinformation concerning the confrontation at Joseph's house cleared up by Sir Peter?
9. How does Charles demonstrate that he can be quick to think on his feet when it comes to raising the money that he needs?
10. What does Rowley tell Sir Oliver about Charles and Joseph?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)