|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Act 1, Scene 2, what event has made Sir Peter Teazle's life miserable?
(a) His jealousy of Charles Surface and Lady Teazle.
(b) His marriage six months ago to a much younger woman.
(c) His friend's return.
(d) Maria is his ward.
2. Which of the following terms best describes the marriage of Sir Peter Teazle and Lady Teazle?
3. Which of the following is a widely known fact that cannot be covered up?
(a) That Maria is in love with Crabtree.
(b) That Benjamin Backbite has a crush on Lady Teazle.
(c) That Sir Peter Teazle and Frances Anne Crewe are having an affair.
(d) That Lady Sneerwell and her companions are lying, backstabbing cretins.
4. How long have Sir Peter Teazle and Lady Teazle been married?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Eighteen months.
5. How do Sir Peter and Sir Oliver greet each other in Act 2, Scene 3?
(c) They do not greet one another.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lady Teazle eager to know?
2. Who is shocked by the gossip and slander at the party?
3. What is Maria eager to talk to Sir Peter about in Scene 1 of Act 3?
4. While a gossipers' gathering is underway at the home of Lady Sneerwell, Maria and which of the following would-be suitors slip away for a private conversation?
5. How does Lady Sneerwell feel about her talents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Moses point out in Act 4, Scene 2?
2. In Act 3, Scene 1, what are some scenarios that contribute to the plan that Sir Oliver, Sir Peter, and Rowley put together that will allow Sir Oliver to conduct his own investigation into the characters of his nephews, Charles and Joseph?
3. What does Charles instruct Rowley to do after "Mr. Premium" and Mr. Moses leave to help Stanley with his financial troubles?
4. What happens at Charles's house in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. What do Joseph and Charles do when Sir Oliver first appears in Act 5, Scene 3?
6. Why is Act 4, Scene 1 set in the portrait room?
7. In Act 2, Scene 3, how does it become evident that Rowley has betrayed Sir Peter with regard to news about his marriage to a young shrew?
8. What does Lady Teazle tell the audience during the Epilogue of the Play?
9. What are the probable reasons that Mr. Moses is not willing to lend Trip some money?
10. How does a question that Mr. Premium (Sir Oliver) asks during the auction evoke a declaration of reverence, deep respect and loyalty toward Sir Oliver from Charles?
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)