|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sir Peter decide to do about his suspicions about Lady Teazle?
(a) Divorce her.
(b) Have her murdered.
(c) Imprison her.
(d) Allow her to live independently until his death.
2. Where are Charles' family portraits stored?
(a) In a walk-in safe.
(b) In the Grand Hallway.
(c) The Portrait Room.
(d) At a local art gallery.
3. Who is Sir Peter aiming to eavesdrop on?
(a) Joseph Surface.
(d) Charles Surface.
4. What is required in order for Sir Oliver's companion to acquiesce to the request of the person who makes him wait in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) A house.
(d) A contract.
5. What does Sir Oliver see beneath Charles's exterior?
(c) A drunk.
(d) More dissipation.
6. What does Sir Oliver ask Charles before agreeing to loan him money?
(a) If Charles likes his uncle.
(b) If Charles is engaged to Maria.
(c) If Charles gets money from his uncle.
(d) If Charles has anything he can sell to raise capital on his own.
7. What is Sir Oliver pleased to hear when Charles explains why he is not willing to sell his uncle's portrait for a large sum of money?
(a) That Lady Sneerwell has invited him to a gossip session.
(b) That Charles holds him in high regard.
(c) That Mrs. Candour has embroidered a handkerchief for him.
(d) That Joseph will be joining him for dinner.
8. What does Charles Surface give Trip?
(a) His own carriage.
(b) Some good advice.
(c) His mother's portrait.
(d) Plenty of money.
9. What is the occupation of the person who forces Sir Oliver and his companion to wait in Act 3, Scene 2?
10. How does Sir Oliver respond to Charles's offer?
(a) He refuses.
(b) He yells at Charles.
(c) He agrees.
(d) He reveals his true identity.
11. As Act 3, Scene 2 opens, where do Sir Oliver and Mr. Moses arrive?
(a) At the home of Benjamin Backbite.
(b) At the home of Charles Surface.
(c) At the home of Sir Peter.
(d) At the home of Lady Sneerwell.
12. What does Charles decide to do with 100 pounds from his check?
(a) Give it to Stanley.
(b) Use it to buy a gift for Maria.
(c) Invest it.
(d) Give it to Trip.
13. What does Sir Oliver realize Charles could do with 100 pounds?
(a) Placate his creditors.
(b) Donate it to a charity.
(c) Buy a gift for Maria.
(d) Give it to Stanley.
14. Why is Sir Oliver pleased near the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Because he wins money in a poker game.
(b) Because Lady Teazle tells him that she loves him.
(c) Because Charles is engaged to Maria.
(d) Because Charles holds him in high regard.
15. What type of objects does Charles Surface have available to sell?
(a) Family heirlooms.
(b) Fruits and vegetables.
(c) Fine gold jewelry.
(d) Family portraits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Peter project to Joseph will be the cause of his loss of Lady Teazle?
2. What name, other than his own is used to announce the arrival of Sir Oliver?
3. Who do Mrs. Candour, Lady Sneerwell, Backbite, and Crabtree believe was caught with Lady Teazle?
4. What is the one item that Charles is not willing to sell at any cost?
5. What does Sir Peter see protruding from behind the screen in Joseph's room?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)