|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Maria believe to be having an affair with Charles?
(a) Miss Clackitt.
(b) Mrs. Candour.
(c) Lady Teazle.
(d) Lady Sneerwell.
2. Who forces Sir Oliver and his companion to wait in Act 3, Scene 2?
(c) Lady Sneerwell.
3. In Act 4, Scene 2, where are Mr. Moses and Sir Oliver sitting?
(a) In Charles' parlor.
(b) In the local tavern.
(c) In Sir Peter's courtyard.
(d) In the public square.
4. Whom does Mr. Moses choose to talk about to Sir Oliver?
(b) Charles Surface.
(c) Sir Peter.
5. What method of sale does Charles Surface intend to use to sell his goods?
(a) Sham auction.
(b) Public auction.
(c) Private auction.
(d) Silent auction.
6. News from Sir Oliver and Rowley that Joseph Surface will be designated as the recipient of Sir Oliver's inheritance shocks which of the following?
(b) Lady Sneerwell.
(d) Sir Peter.
7. Whose home life takes a turn for the better as Act 5, Scene 2 comes to an end?
(a) Mrs. Candour's.
(c) Sir Peter's.
(d) Benjamin Backbite's.
8. How does Sir Oliver see Charles to be beneath the surface during and after the portrait auction?
9. Why is Sir Oliver pleased near the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Because Lady Teazle tells him that she loves him.
(b) Because Charles holds him in high regard.
(c) Because Charles is engaged to Maria.
(d) Because he wins money in a poker game.
10. What does Stanley claim that he has been forced to do?
(a) Move out of his house.
(b) Leave town.
(c) Visit his Aunt Shirley.
(d) Ask Joseph for money.
11. How does Lady Teazle feel about Sir Peter at the end of Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) She wants a divorce.
(b) She is eager to make up.
(c) She is indifferent to Sir Peter at the end of Act 5, Scene 2.
(d) She hates him.
12. What type of mood is Joseph in, as his uninvited guest arrives at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1?
(c) Bad mood.
13. Who enters at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
(c) Sir Peter.
14. How much does Sir Oliver offer to pay for the portrait that he is interested in buying?
(a) Over two thousand pounds.
(b) Over one thousand pounds.
(c) Over six hundred pounds.
(d) Over four hundred pounds.
15. Why does Lady Teazle wish Sir Peter would allow Maria to marry Charles?
(a) Because it would make Maria happy.
(b) So she does not have to worry about Joseph's interest in Maria.
(c) Because it would make Charles happy.
(d) So Sir Peter will stop complaining about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sir Oliver pleased to hear when Charles explains why he is not willing to sell his uncle's portrait for a large sum of money?
2. What does Mr. Moses ask Trip to provide?
3. In what type of lifestyle does Sir Peter decide that he will allow his wife, Lady Teazle to live?
4. What is Sir Oliver convinced of at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
5. What is the occupation of Sir Oliver's companion at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)