|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Charles' family portraits stored?
(a) The Portrait Room.
(b) At a local art gallery.
(c) In a walk-in safe.
(d) In the Grand Hallway.
2. How does Charles feel when he and Sir Peter enact Sir Peter's scheme?
3. Why does Lady Teazle go to Joseph's house in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) To plot against her husband's life.
(b) To consummate their affair.
(c) To borrow money.
(d) To find her watch.
4. Who interrupts Joseph and Lady Teazle's rendezvous?
(c) Sir Oliver.
(d) Sir Peter.
5. Who accompanies Sir Oliver at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
(b) Mr. Moses.
(d) Sir Peter.
6. How does Sir Oliver feel about Charles's decision about what to do with the 100 pounds from his check?
(a) More impressed.
7. How does Sir Oliver feel about Charles's offer?
8. What type of mood is Joseph in, as his uninvited guest arrives at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1?
(c) Bad mood.
9. What does Trip have Sir Oliver and Mr. Moses do?
(a) Take a note to Lady Sneerwell.
(b) Wait for Charles Surface.
(c) Pay for the pastries that they have ordered.
(d) Review some of his reference material.
10. What does Mr. Moses ask Trip to provide?
(b) A meal.
(c) Directions to Lady Sneerwell's house.
11. How does Sir Oliver feel about Charles refusing to sell a particular portrait?
12. Following Sir Peter's arrival at Joseph's house, who arrives to speak with Joseph Surface?
(a) Benjamin Backbite.
(c) Lady Sneerwell.
(d) Charles Surface.
13. Why does Lady Teazle wish Sir Peter would allow Maria to marry Charles?
(a) So she does not have to worry about Joseph's interest in Maria.
(b) Because it would make Maria happy.
(c) Because it would make Charles happy.
(d) So Sir Peter will stop complaining about it.
14. What is the setting of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) The auction room.
(b) Charles's parlor.
(c) Joseph's house.
(d) Sir Peter's house.
15. Who is Stanley?
(a) Actually, he is Crabtree.
(b) Actually, he is Sir Peter.
(c) Actually, he is Snake.
(d) Actually, he is Sir Oliver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trip appear to be learning from Charles Surface?
2. Who is the protagonist of The School for Scandal?
3. How will the security for the request made in Act 3, Scene 2 be obtained?
4. What is Sir Oliver's first impression of Joseph?
5. How much does Sir Oliver offer to obtain his desired portrait?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)