|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is happy to see Sir Oliver in Act 5, Scene 3?
(b) Lady Teazle.
2. Who does Sir Oliver name as his heir?
(a) Sir Peter.
3. What does Sir Oliver see beneath Charles's exterior?
(b) More dissipation.
(d) A drunk.
4. What is Sir Oliver pleased to hear when Charles explains why he is not willing to sell his uncle's portrait for a large sum of money?
(a) That Joseph will be joining him for dinner.
(b) That Mrs. Candour has embroidered a handkerchief for him.
(c) That Charles holds him in high regard.
(d) That Lady Sneerwell has invited him to a gossip session.
5. What is Charles's purpose for holding an auction?
(a) To make Sir Oliver, ie. Mr. Premium, happy.
(b) Because he feels pressured to hold the auction.
(c) He refuses to hold the auction.
(d) To sell his family portraits.
6. What does Joseph do as Sir Peter and Rowley enter the room in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) Curses at them.
(b) Walks out.
(d) Beats them.
7. Everyone at the table can be considered as which of the following?
(a) Drunk and obnoxious.
(b) Intellectual and scholarly.
(c) Greedy and miserly.
(d) Incommunicative and boring.
8. Who enters at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
(c) Sir Peter.
9. How does Lady Teazle feel about Sir Peter at the end of Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) She wants a divorce.
(b) She is indifferent to Sir Peter at the end of Act 5, Scene 2.
(c) She is eager to make up.
(d) She hates him.
10. How is Charles Surface known to handle his business dealings?
(a) In a calculating and devious way.
(b) In a timely and error-free way.
(c) In a very honest and straightforward way.
(d) In a flippant and careless way.
11. Who arrives after the portrait auction has ended, and runs a couple of errands for Charles shortly thereafter?
12. What is offered to secure the request made in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) A car.
(b) A house.
(d) Clothes from Charles's wardrobe.
13. What does Sir Oliver decide to do in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Marry Maria.
(b) Pay off Charles's debts himself.
(c) Have an affair with Lady Teazle.
(d) Disinherit Charles.
14. What type of mood is Joseph in, as his uninvited guest arrives at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1?
(c) Bad mood.
15. What is the setting of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Joseph's house.
(b) Sir Peter's house.
(c) The auction room.
(d) Charles's parlor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the recipient of one hundred pounds from Charles following the auction?
2. Whom does Joseph attempt to push out of his house?
3. Why does Sir Peter decide to hide in Act 4, Scene 3?
4. Who is the protagonist of The School for Scandal?
5. Where does Joseph hide Lady Teazle?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)