|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what type of lifestyle does Sir Peter decide that he will allow his wife, Lady Teazle to live?
2. In which direction within the room does Sir Peter head when Joseph is called out of the room?
(a) Toward the screen behind which Lady Teazle is hiding.
(b) Into the closet.
(c) Under the bed.
(d) Toward the fireplace.
3. Who is happy to see Sir Oliver in Act 5, Scene 3?
(d) Lady Teazle.
4. What does Trip offer Mr. Moses?
(a) Some of his clothes.
(b) Directions to Lady Sneerwell's house.
(c) Some of Charles Surface's clothes.
(d) A plump, juicy steak with all the trimmings.
5. Who is Sir Oliver disguised as in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) Mr. Moses.
(b) Mr. Premium.
(c) Sir Peter.
6. Who enters in the middle of Act 4, Scene 2?
(c) Sir Peter.
7. Who reveals to Charles and Joseph who Sir Oliver really is?
(a) Sir Peter.
(b) Mr. Moses.
8. What is Charles suspicious of in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) Lady Teazle's attentions to Joseph.
(b) That Lady Teazle is behind the screen.
(c) He is not suspicious.
(d) That Sir Peter is hiding in the closet.
9. How does Lady Teazle feel about Sir Peter at the end of Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) She is indifferent to Sir Peter at the end of Act 5, Scene 2.
(b) She is eager to make up.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She wants a divorce.
10. What type of stories has Mr. Moses heard about Charles prior to the auction?
11. Where does Charles sell his family portraits?
(a) His home.
(b) Sir Peter's home.
(c) Lady Sneerwell's home.
(d) Crabtree's home.
12. Who is the antagonist of The School for Scandal?
(a) Sir Oliver Surface.
(b) Joseph Surface.
(c) Charles Surface.
13. How much does Sir Oliver offer to obtain his desired portrait?
(a) Over 300 pounds.
(b) Over 400 pounds.
(c) Over 200 pounds.
(d) Over 100 pounds.
14. Who accompanies Sir Oliver at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
(b) Sir Peter.
(c) Mr. Moses.
15. What portrait does Sir Oliver offer to buy?
(a) The portrait of Charles's father.
(b) The portrait of Charles.
(c) The portrait of Sir Oliver.
(d) The portrait of Joseph.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Act 4, Scene 2?
2. What does Sir Peter project to Joseph will be the cause of his loss of Lady Teazle?
3. Who is Trip?
4. What is the occupation of the person who forces Sir Oliver and his companion to wait in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. How much does Sir Oliver offer to pay for the portrait that he is interested in buying?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)