|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Moses perceive all the stories about Charles following the auction?
(a) To be partially true and partially false.
(b) To be true.
(c) To be the work of Lady Sneerwell and her fellow gossipers.
(d) To be false.
2. Who does Sir Oliver point out has sent Joseph plenty of money, according to rumor?
(a) Mr. Premium.
(c) His uncle, Sir Oliver.
(d) Lady Teazle.
3. Where are Mrs. Candour, Lady Sneerwell, Backbite, and Crabtree gathered at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) Lady Sneerwell's house.
(b) Joseph's house.
(c) Sir Peter's house.
(d) In the country.
4. Joseph tells Sir Peter that the woman who is standing behind the screen is which of the following?
(a) Miss Clackitt.
(b) Not a real person; just a petticoat on a mannequin.
(c) A French milliner whom he has been seeing.
(d) Angela Foster, a seamstress whom he has been seeing.
5. What are the men doing at the table when Mr. Moses and Sir Oliver enter at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Flirting with women.
(d) Playing cards.
6. Who buys the portrait that Sir Oliver is interested in buying?
(a) Benjamin Backbite.
(b) Mr. Moses.
(c) No one.
(d) Sir Peter.
7. What does Mr. Moses point out in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) That the stories about Joseph are true.
(b) That the stories about Charles are true.
(c) That Charles is a good person.
(d) That Sir Oliver is stupid for agreeing to purchase the family portraits in an auction.
8. How does Sir Oliver feel after the auction?
9. How does Joseph feel about saving the situation with Charles and Maria at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 4?
10. What does Sir Peter decide to do about his suspicions about Lady Teazle?
(a) Imprison her.
(b) Have her murdered.
(c) Allow her to live independently until his death.
(d) Divorce her.
11. What type of credit does Trip have?
(a) Aside from a few blemishes, Trip's credit is good.
(b) Trip has better credit than any other character in the play.
(c) Trip's credit is not any good.
(d) Trip is too young to have any type of credit.
12. Whose accomplishments does Charles list in Act 4, Scene 1?
(c) His illustrious forebears'.
(d) Sir Oliver's.
13. As Act 3, Scene 2 opens, where do Sir Oliver and Mr. Moses arrive?
(a) At the home of Sir Peter.
(b) At the home of Benjamin Backbite.
(c) At the home of Lady Sneerwell.
(d) At the home of Charles Surface.
14. Who is Trip?
(a) Trip is the local baker.
(b) Trip is the schoolmaster.
(c) Trip is Charles Surface's butler.
(d) Trip is Maria's cousin.
15. Who interrupts Joseph and Lady Teazle's rendezvous?
(a) Sir Oliver.
(d) Sir Peter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How will the security for the request made in Act 3, Scene 2 be obtained?
2. Who reveals to Charles and Joseph who Sir Oliver really is?
3. What does Sir Peter suggest to embarrass Joseph?
4. What does Charles have left out of the family heirlooms?
5. What happens while Sir Oliver and his companion are waiting?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)