|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Sir Oliver offer to obtain his desired portrait?
(a) Over 200 pounds.
(b) Over 400 pounds.
(c) Over 100 pounds.
(d) Over 300 pounds.
2. Which portrait does Charles refuse to sell?
(a) The portrait of Charles's father.
(b) The portrait of Charles.
(c) The portrait of Joseph.
(d) The portrait of Sir Oliver.
3. What does Trip have Sir Oliver and Mr. Moses do?
(a) Pay for the pastries that they have ordered.
(b) Wait for Charles Surface.
(c) Review some of his reference material.
(d) Take a note to Lady Sneerwell.
4. How much does Charles offer to sell the remainder of his family portraits for?
(a) 300 pounds.
(b) 300 schillings.
(c) 400 dollars.
(d) 400 pounds.
5. Who is Trip?
(a) Trip is Maria's cousin.
(b) Trip is the local baker.
(c) Trip is Charles Surface's butler.
(d) Trip is the schoolmaster.
6. What does Sir Oliver prove himself to be?
(a) A friend to Sir Peter.
(b) A greedy miser.
(c) A bad uncle.
(d) A good judge of character.
7. Who is happy to see Sir Oliver in Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) Lady Teazle.
8. What does Mr. Moses point out in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) That the stories about Charles are true.
(b) That the stories about Joseph are true.
(c) That Sir Oliver is stupid for agreeing to purchase the family portraits in an auction.
(d) That Charles is a good person.
9. Why does Sir Peter decide to hide in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) He does not hide.
(b) To eavesdrop on Charles.
(c) Because he is scared of ghosts.
(d) To eavesdrop on Lady Teazle.
10. Who accompanies Snake to Joseph's house?
(a) Miss Clackitt.
(c) Mr. Moses.
(d) Lady Sneerwell.
11. Joseph tells Sir Peter that the woman who is standing behind the screen is which of the following?
(a) A French milliner whom he has been seeing.
(b) Not a real person; just a petticoat on a mannequin.
(c) Angela Foster, a seamstress whom he has been seeing.
(d) Miss Clackitt.
12. Who buys the portrait that Sir Oliver is interested in buying?
(a) Benjamin Backbite.
(b) Mr. Moses.
(c) No one.
(d) Sir Peter.
13. Who does Sir Oliver point out has sent Joseph plenty of money, according to rumor?
(a) His uncle, Sir Oliver.
(b) Lady Teazle.
(c) Mr. Premium.
14. As Act 3, Scene 2 opens, where do Sir Oliver and Mr. Moses arrive?
(a) At the home of Benjamin Backbite.
(b) At the home of Lady Sneerwell.
(c) At the home of Sir Peter.
(d) At the home of Charles Surface.
15. What happens while Sir Oliver and his companion are waiting?
(a) Trip asks Mr. Moses for a loan.
(b) Trip is rude to Sir Oliver and Mr. Moses.
(c) Charles tells Sir Oliver to leave.
(d) Charles recognizes Sir Oliver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sir Oliver's first impression of Joseph?
2. Why does Lady Teazle wish Sir Peter would allow Maria to marry Charles?
3. Who is the recipient of one hundred pounds from Charles following the auction?
4. In which direction within the room does Sir Peter head when Joseph is called out of the room?
5. In essence, what does Trip offer Mr. Moses?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)