|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sir Peter decide to hide in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) Because he is scared of ghosts.
(b) He does not hide.
(c) To eavesdrop on Charles.
(d) To eavesdrop on Lady Teazle.
2. Whom does Maria believe to be having an affair with Charles?
(a) Mrs. Candour.
(b) Lady Sneerwell.
(c) Miss Clackitt.
(d) Lady Teazle.
3. What is Charles's purpose for holding an auction?
(a) Because he feels pressured to hold the auction.
(b) He refuses to hold the auction.
(c) To sell his family portraits.
(d) To make Sir Oliver, ie. Mr. Premium, happy.
4. How does Sir Oliver see Charles to be beneath the surface during and after the portrait auction?
5. What is Sir Oliver's impression of Charles as he leaves his home following the portrait auction?
(a) He thinks that Charles is foolish.
(b) He thinks that Charles has some worth.
(c) He thinks that Charles is immature.
(d) He thinks that Charles is deceptive.
6. Where are Charles' family portraits stored?
(a) The Portrait Room.
(b) In the Grand Hallway.
(c) At a local art gallery.
(d) In a walk-in safe.
7. How will the security for the request made in Act 3, Scene 2 be obtained?
(a) It is impossible to obtain.
(b) They will be stolen.
(c) It will be purchased with the money.
(d) No security is needed.
8. What is the occupation of Sir Oliver's companion at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
9. Whose home life takes a turn for the better as Act 5, Scene 2 comes to an end?
(a) Benjamin Backbite's.
(c) Mrs. Candour's.
(d) Sir Peter's.
10. Whose accomplishments does Charles list in Act 4, Scene 1?
(b) His illustrious forebears'.
(c) Sir Oliver's.
11. Which portrait does Charles refuse to sell?
(a) The portrait of Joseph.
(b) The portrait of Charles.
(c) The portrait of Sir Oliver.
(d) The portrait of Charles's father.
12. What does Lady Teazle hope for at the end of Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) That Joseph will marry her.
(b) That Sir Peter will give her a divorce.
(c) That Sir Peter will forgive her and take her back.
(d) That Maria will die.
13. What is Charles suspicious of in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) That Sir Peter is hiding in the closet.
(b) He is not suspicious.
(c) Lady Teazle's attentions to Joseph.
(d) That Lady Teazle is behind the screen.
14. Why does Charles refuse to agree to Sir Oliver's offer on a portrait?
(a) Because Sir Oliver might be offended.
(b) Because he is stubborn.
(c) Because Sir Oliver was very good to him.
(d) Because he is too proud.
15. What is Sir Oliver able to find in Charles?
(a) A sense of humor.
(b) The good in him.
(c) A great assistant.
(d) A confidante.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Teazle want Sir Peter to do as Act 4, Scene 3 comes to an end?
2. Who forces Sir Oliver and his companion to wait in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. Who is the protagonist of The School for Scandal?
4. What does Sir Oliver show himself to be good at doing?
5. Everyone at the table can be considered as which of the following?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)