|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sir Oliver disguised as in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) Mr. Premium.
(b) Sir Peter.
(c) Mr. Moses.
2. How does Sir Oliver feel after the auction?
3. Who does Trip announce in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Sir Oliver.
(b) Lady Sneerwell.
(c) Mr. Premium and Mr. Moses.
(d) Sir Peter.
4. Is anyone else sitting with Charles at the table?
(a) Yes, Lady Sneerwell is sitting with him.
(b) Yes, several other men are sitting with him.
(c) Yes, Crabtree is sitting with him.
(d) No, no one else is sitting with him.
5. What is it that Sir Oliver wants to know whether Charles Surface has at his disposal?
(a) A ship to transport goods to China.
(b) A housekeeping staff.
(c) A carriage that he can borrow from him.
(d) Anything that he can sell to raise capital on his own.
6. Who is happy to see Sir Oliver in Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) Lady Teazle.
7. Whom does Maria believe to be having an affair with Charles?
(a) Miss Clackitt.
(b) Lady Teazle.
(c) Lady Sneerwell.
(d) Mrs. Candour.
8. Which named character is sitting with Charles Surface at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 3?
(b) Sir Peter.
(d) Lady Teazle.
9. Whose accomplishments does Charles list in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) His illustrious forebears'.
(b) Sir Oliver's.
10. What does Charles Surface give Trip?
(a) Plenty of money.
(b) His own carriage.
(c) His mother's portrait.
(d) Some good advice.
11. Why does Lady Teazle go to Joseph's house in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) To borrow money.
(b) To consummate their affair.
(c) To plot against her husband's life.
(d) To find her watch.
12. What is offered to secure the request made in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) A car.
(b) A house.
(d) Clothes from Charles's wardrobe.
13. What does Sir Peter suspect about Lady Teazle?
(a) That she is pregnant.
(b) That she is attracted to another man.
(c) That she is hiding in Joseph's house.
(d) That she hates Sir Peter.
14. Who is Trip?
(a) Trip is Maria's cousin.
(b) Trip is Charles Surface's butler.
(c) Trip is the schoolmaster.
(d) Trip is the local baker.
15. What does Sir Peter see protruding from behind the screen in Joseph's room?
(a) A lady's petticoat.
(b) A lady's parasol.
(c) A pair of men's boots.
(d) A chef's hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charles handle his business dealings?
2. How much does Sir Oliver offer to pay for the portrait that he is interested in buying?
3. What method of sale does Charles Surface intend to use to sell his goods?
4. Why are Mrs. Candour, Lady Sneerwell, Backbite, and Crabtree surprised to see Sir Peter walk into his home?
5. Who enters at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)