|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what type of lifestyle does Sir Peter decide that he will allow his wife, Lady Teazle to live?
2. How much money does Charles make on the sale of the portrait that Sir Oliver had shown interest in buying?
(a) Two hundred pounds.
(b) Seven hundred pounds.
(c) Five hundred pounds.
3. How does Charles feel when he and Sir Peter enact Sir Peter's scheme?
4. How much does Sir Oliver offer to obtain his desired portrait?
(a) Over 100 pounds.
(b) Over 300 pounds.
(c) Over 400 pounds.
(d) Over 200 pounds.
5. How does Mr. Moses perceive all the stories about Charles following the auction?
(a) To be the work of Lady Sneerwell and her fellow gossipers.
(b) To be false.
(c) To be partially true and partially false.
(d) To be true.
6. What does Sir Oliver see beneath Charles's exterior?
(b) A drunk.
(d) More dissipation.
7. Who does Trip announce in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Sir Peter.
(b) Sir Oliver.
(c) Mr. Premium and Mr. Moses.
(d) Lady Sneerwell.
8. Who is Stanley?
(a) Actually, he is Snake.
(b) Actually, he is Sir Peter.
(c) Actually, he is Crabtree.
(d) Actually, he is Sir Oliver.
9. What do the men in Act 3, Scene 3 sing?
(b) Bawdy songs.
(c) The national anthem.
(d) They do not sing.
10. What does Sir Peter do when he spots Mrs. Candour, Lady Sneerwell, Backbite, and Crabtree at his house?
(a) He apologizes for not having been home when they arrived.
(b) He excuses himself, and heads for bed.
(c) He joins them in preparing food baskets for the poor.
(d) He orders them to leave.
11. What is the occupation of Sir Oliver's alias at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
12. What does Stanley claim that he has been forced to do?
(a) Visit his Aunt Shirley.
(b) Leave town.
(c) Move out of his house.
(d) Ask Joseph for money.
13. Who buys the portrait that Sir Oliver is interested in buying?
(a) No one.
(b) Benjamin Backbite.
(c) Sir Peter.
(d) Mr. Moses.
14. What is the one item that Charles is not willing to sell at any cost?
(a) His own portrait.
(b) Sir Oliver's portrait.
(c) His mother's portrait.
(d) His father's portrait.
15. What does Joseph do as Sir Peter and Rowley enter the room in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) Walks out.
(c) Beats them.
(d) Curses at them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Peter suspect about Lady Teazle?
2. Based on the surroundings within his house, what type of money handler does Charles Surface appear to be?
3. How does Charles handle his business dealings?
4. What is the setting of Act 4, Scene 1?
5. What is Sir Oliver's impression of Charles as he leaves his home following the portrait auction?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)