|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Sir Oliver at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Moses.
(b) Sir Peter.
2. What is the setting of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Charles Surface's house.
(b) The country.
(c) Lady Sneerwell's house.
(d) Joseph Surface's house.
3. Who does Trip announce in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Mr. Premium and Mr. Moses.
(b) Lady Sneerwell.
(c) Sir Oliver.
(d) Sir Peter.
4. Who informs Joseph that Sir Oliver has arrived in London?
(a) Sir Peter.
(b) Sir Oliver.
5. How does Charles handle his business dealings?
(a) Graciously but dishonestly.
(b) Graciously and honestly.
(c) Impudently but honestly.
(d) Rudely and dishonestly.
6. What does Lady Teazle hope for at the end of Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) That Maria will die.
(b) That Sir Peter will give her a divorce.
(c) That Joseph will marry her.
(d) That Sir Peter will forgive her and take her back.
7. Who is Sir Oliver pretending to be at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Sir Peter.
(c) Mr. Premium.
(d) Mr. Moses.
8. How does Sir Oliver feel about Charles's decision about what to do with the 100 pounds from his check?
(c) More impressed.
9. What do Mrs. Candour, Lady Sneerwell, Backbite, and Crabtree think happened to Sir Peter?
(a) He fled town in embarassment.
(b) He died.
(c) He was wounded in a duel.
(d) He murdered his wife.
10. How much does Sir Oliver offer to obtain his desired portrait?
(a) Over 100 pounds.
(b) Over 300 pounds.
(c) Over 200 pounds.
(d) Over 400 pounds.
11. Is anyone else sitting with Charles at the table?
(a) Yes, Crabtree is sitting with him.
(b) Yes, Lady Sneerwell is sitting with him.
(c) Yes, several other men are sitting with him.
(d) No, no one else is sitting with him.
12. In Act 4, Scene 3, we find Lady Teazle and Joseph at Joseph's house. Aside from attempting to consummate their affair, what is the pair doing?
(a) Making plans for the future.
(b) Criticizing Sir Peter.
(c) Criticizing Lady Sneerwell and Snake.
(d) Discussing Maria.
13. Whose credit is no good in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Moses's.
(d) Sir Oliver's.
14. What does Sir Oliver tell Sir Peter to tease him?
(a) That Lady Teazle is pregnant.
(b) That he decided to give his inheritance to Joseph.
(c) That Sir Oliver thinks he will get married soon.
(d) That Sir Oliver is having an affair with Lady Teazle too.
15. Joseph tells Sir Peter that the woman who is standing behind the screen is which of the following?
(a) Not a real person; just a petticoat on a mannequin.
(b) Miss Clackitt.
(c) A French milliner whom he has been seeing.
(d) Angela Foster, a seamstress whom he has been seeing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on the surroundings within his house, what type of money handler does Charles Surface appear to be?
2. How does Sir Oliver feel about Charles's offer?
3. What do the Surface brothers, Joseph and Charles disagree about in Act 5, Scene 3?
4. What name, other than his own is used to announce the arrival of Sir Oliver?
5. Who tells Sir Peter about the affair between Joseph and Lady Teazle?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)