|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is anyone else sitting with Charles at the table?
(a) No, no one else is sitting with him.
(b) Yes, Lady Sneerwell is sitting with him.
(c) Yes, Crabtree is sitting with him.
(d) Yes, several other men are sitting with him.
2. What does Sir Oliver ask Charles before agreeing to loan him money?
(a) If Charles has anything he can sell to raise capital on his own.
(b) If Charles is engaged to Maria.
(c) If Charles gets money from his uncle.
(d) If Charles likes his uncle.
3. Where does Charles sell his family portraits?
(a) Lady Sneerwell's home.
(b) Crabtree's home.
(c) His home.
(d) Sir Peter's home.
4. What does Stanley claim that he has been forced to do?
(a) Leave town.
(b) Visit his Aunt Shirley.
(c) Ask Joseph for money.
(d) Move out of his house.
5. Who announces the arrival of Sir Oliver and Mr. Moses when they arrive at Charles' house to discuss his request for a loan?
(d) Benjamin Backbite.
6. What does Sir Oliver realize Charles could do with 100 pounds?
(a) Donate it to a charity.
(b) Placate his creditors.
(c) Give it to Stanley.
(d) Buy a gift for Maria.
7. What happens while Sir Oliver and his companion are waiting?
(a) Charles tells Sir Oliver to leave.
(b) Charles recognizes Sir Oliver.
(c) Trip asks Mr. Moses for a loan.
(d) Trip is rude to Sir Oliver and Mr. Moses.
8. Who is the protagonist of The School for Scandal?
(a) Lady Sneerwell.
(b) Charles Surface.
(c) Joseph Surface.
(d) Sir Peter Teazle.
9. Who arrives after the portrait auction has ended, and runs a couple of errands for Charles shortly thereafter?
10. Who is the antagonist of The School for Scandal?
(a) Charles Surface.
(b) Sir Oliver Surface.
(c) Joseph Surface.
11. Who is the recipient of one hundred pounds from Charles following the auction?
(b) Miss Clackitt.
12. When Sir Oliver enters in Act 5, Scene 3, who does Joseph think he is?
(b) Sir Peter.
(c) Sir Oliver.
(d) Mr. Premium.
13. What do the Surface brothers, Joseph and Charles disagree about in Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) Who should receive Sir Oliver's inheritance.
(b) Sir Oliver's real name.
(c) Whether Rowley is really trustworthy.
(d) Whom Maria really loves.
14. How does Sir Oliver see Charles to be beneath the surface during and after the portrait auction?
15. Where are Charles' family portraits stored?
(a) The Portrait Room.
(b) At a local art gallery.
(c) In a walk-in safe.
(d) In the Grand Hallway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the occupation of the person who forces Sir Oliver and his companion to wait in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. Whom does Maria believe to be having an affair with Charles?
3. Why does Lady Teazle go to Joseph's house in Act 4, Scene 3?
4. Has Joseph lost anything following Sir Peter's confrontation with him?
5. What does Charles Surface give Trip?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)