|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sir Peter decide to hide in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) To eavesdrop on Charles.
(b) Because he is scared of ghosts.
(c) To eavesdrop on Lady Teazle.
(d) He does not hide.
2. Who arrives at Joseph's house at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1?
(b) Sir Peter.
(c) Sir Oliver.
3. Who is Sir Oliver pretending to be at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Premium.
(b) Mr. Moses.
(d) Sir Peter.
4. Whom does Joseph attempt to push out of his house?
(a) Sir Oliver.
(b) Benjamin Backbite.
(c) Sir Peter.
5. Why does Lady Teazle go to Joseph's house in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) To borrow money.
(b) To plot against her husband's life.
(c) To find her watch.
(d) To consummate their affair.
6. Which named character is sitting with Charles Surface at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Sir Peter.
(b) Lady Teazle.
7. Who forces Sir Oliver and his companion to wait in Act 3, Scene 2?
(b) Lady Sneerwell.
8. Where does Charles sell his family portraits?
(a) Crabtree's home.
(b) His home.
(c) Sir Peter's home.
(d) Lady Sneerwell's home.
9. What is the occupation of Sir Oliver's companion at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
10. Who is Sir Peter aiming to eavesdrop on?
(a) Charles Surface.
(d) Joseph Surface.
11. What happens while Sir Oliver and his companion are waiting?
(a) Charles recognizes Sir Oliver.
(b) Trip asks Mr. Moses for a loan.
(c) Charles tells Sir Oliver to leave.
(d) Trip is rude to Sir Oliver and Mr. Moses.
12. What is Sir Oliver's first impression of Joseph?
13. Which portrait does Charles refuse to sell?
(a) The portrait of Charles.
(b) The portrait of Joseph.
(c) The portrait of Sir Oliver.
(d) The portrait of Charles's father.
14. What is the setting of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Sir Peter's house.
(b) Charles's parlor.
(c) Joseph's house.
(d) The auction room.
15. Why is Sir Oliver pleased near the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Because Charles holds him in high regard.
(b) Because Charles is engaged to Maria.
(c) Because Lady Teazle tells him that she loves him.
(d) Because he wins money in a poker game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trip appear to be learning from Charles Surface?
2. In which direction within the room does Sir Peter head when Joseph is called out of the room?
3. What does Sir Oliver realize Charles could do with 100 pounds?
4. What does Sir Peter project to Joseph will be the cause of his loss of Lady Teazle?
5. What do the Surface brothers, Joseph and Charles disagree about in Act 5, Scene 3?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)