|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Moses point out in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) That the stories about Joseph are true.
(b) That Charles is a good person.
(c) That Sir Oliver is stupid for agreeing to purchase the family portraits in an auction.
(d) That the stories about Charles are true.
2. Where are Mrs. Candour, Lady Sneerwell, Backbite, and Crabtree gathered at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) Sir Peter's house.
(b) Lady Sneerwell's house.
(c) In the country.
(d) Joseph's house.
3. How does Sir Oliver feel after the auction?
4. What is Sir Oliver's impression of Charles as he leaves his home following the portrait auction?
(a) He thinks that Charles has some worth.
(b) He thinks that Charles is foolish.
(c) He thinks that Charles is immature.
(d) He thinks that Charles is deceptive.
5. What two pieces of information does Charles disclose to prospective buyers about the relatives whose portraits he is about to sell?
(a) Names and personality types.
(b) Names and net worth.
(c) Names and accomplishments.
(d) Names and birthdates.
6. How does Sir Oliver feel about Charles refusing to sell a particular portrait?
7. Who arrives after the portrait auction has ended, and runs a couple of errands for Charles shortly thereafter?
8. What is the occupation of Sir Oliver's companion at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
9. What does Stanley claim that he has been forced to do?
(a) Visit his Aunt Shirley.
(b) Leave town.
(c) Move out of his house.
(d) Ask Joseph for money.
10. What does Sir Oliver see beneath Charles's exterior?
(c) More dissipation.
(d) A drunk.
11. Who enters at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
(b) Sir Peter.
12. What are Charles' creditors willing to wait to do?
(a) Seize Charles' carriage and sell it to pay off his debt.
(b) Have him arrested and taken to debtor's prison.
(c) Speak with him.
(d) Seize Charles' house and sell it to pay off his debt.
13. When Sir Oliver enters in Act 5, Scene 3, who does Joseph think he is?
(a) Mr. Premium.
(b) Sir Oliver.
(c) Sir Peter.
14. What is the occupation of Sir Oliver's alias at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
15. What is Charles suspicious of in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) That Sir Peter is hiding in the closet.
(b) That Lady Teazle is behind the screen.
(c) Lady Teazle's attentions to Joseph.
(d) He is not suspicious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charles doing as he sits at the table in Act 3, Scene 3?
2. Everyone at the table can be considered as which of the following?
3. Where does Lady Teazle hide in Act 4, Scene 3 when Sir Peter arrives?
4. What does Sir Peter suspect about Lady Teazle?
5. What is the setting of Act 4, Scene 2?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)