|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sir Oliver feel about Charles's decision about what to do with the 100 pounds from his check?
(a) More impressed.
2. What is Sir Oliver's impression of Charles as he leaves his home following the portrait auction?
(a) He thinks that Charles is deceptive.
(b) He thinks that Charles has some worth.
(c) He thinks that Charles is immature.
(d) He thinks that Charles is foolish.
3. What is Charles suspicious of in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) That Lady Teazle is behind the screen.
(b) Lady Teazle's attentions to Joseph.
(c) He is not suspicious.
(d) That Sir Peter is hiding in the closet.
4. What is offered to secure the request made in Act 3, Scene 2?
(b) Clothes from Charles's wardrobe.
(c) A house.
(d) A car.
5. How does Sir Oliver feel about Charles refusing to sell a particular portrait?
6. How does Sir Oliver feel about Charles's offer?
7. What does Trip appear to be learning from Charles Surface?
(a) Gossiping techniques.
(b) The art of painting.
(c) Bad habits about money management.
(d) How to be more sociable.
8. What does Sir Oliver decide to do in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Pay off Charles's debts himself.
(b) Have an affair with Lady Teazle.
(c) Disinherit Charles.
(d) Marry Maria.
9. Who is Sir Peter aiming to eavesdrop on?
(b) Joseph Surface.
(d) Charles Surface.
10. Who explains that Joseph had designs on Lady Teazle?
(a) Sir Peter.
(b) Lady Teazle.
(c) Sir Oliver.
11. What type of credit does Trip have?
(a) Trip's credit is not any good.
(b) Aside from a few blemishes, Trip's credit is good.
(c) Trip is too young to have any type of credit.
(d) Trip has better credit than any other character in the play.
12. What is Sir Oliver's first impression of Joseph?
13. Why are Mrs. Candour, Lady Sneerwell, Backbite, and Crabtree surprised to see Sir Peter walk into his home?
(a) They thought that he and Lady Teazle were in Wales.
(b) They thought that he was supposed to be in China
(c) They thought he had been wounded, and at death's door.
(d) They thought that he had broken his leg.
14. What does Sir Peter suspect about Lady Teazle?
(a) That she is attracted to another man.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she hates Sir Peter.
(d) That she is hiding in Joseph's house.
15. Whose portrait does Sir Oliver point to with interest to buy?
(a) Eldridge Surface's portrait.
(b) His own portrait.
(c) Amy Surface's portrait.
(d) Joseph Surface's portrait.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lady Teazle hide in Act 4, Scene 3 when Sir Peter arrives?
2. Which portrait does Charles refuse to sell?
3. Who is Stanley?
4. What does Sir Oliver show himself to be good at doing?
5. In Act 4, Scene 3, we find Lady Teazle and Joseph at Joseph's house. Aside from attempting to consummate their affair, what is the pair doing?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)