|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 5, Scene 1, what does Joseph say about Sir Oliver?
(a) He is a kind benefactor.
(b) He is a generous uncle.
(c) He does not know Sir Oliver.
(d) He is a greedy miser.
2. What does Sir Peter suggest to embarrass Joseph?
(a) Sir Peter would never want to embarass Joseph.
(b) Pull the screen aside to determine who is behind it.
(c) Tell Sir Oliver about Joseph's affair with Lady Teazle.
(d) Reveal his feelings about Maria to Charles.
3. What name, other than his own is used to announce the arrival of Sir Oliver?
(a) Mr. Premium.
(b) Mr. Waters.
(c) Stanley Surface.
(d) Woodrow Phelps.
4. What is offered to secure the request made in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) A car.
(b) Clothes from Charles's wardrobe.
(c) A house.
5. Who forces Sir Oliver and his companion to wait in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Lady Sneerwell.
6. Who is Sir Peter mistaken for by Mrs. Candour, Lady Sneerwell, Backbite, and Crabtree as he walks into his house?
(a) A messenger.
(b) Sir Peter's brother, Henry.
(c) Lady Teazle's brother, Phillip.
(d) A physician.
7. Who arrives after the portrait auction has ended, and runs a couple of errands for Charles shortly thereafter?
8. What is Sir Oliver able to find in Charles?
(a) A confidante.
(b) A sense of humor.
(c) A great assistant.
(d) The good in him.
9. Who explains that Joseph had designs on Lady Teazle?
(a) Sir Oliver.
(b) Lady Teazle.
(d) Sir Peter.
10. What type of objects does Charles Surface have available to sell?
(a) Family heirlooms.
(b) Fine gold jewelry.
(c) Fruits and vegetables.
(d) Family portraits.
11. What does Charles have left out of the family heirlooms?
(a) The house.
(c) The family portraits.
12. How much money does Charles make on the sale of the portrait that Sir Oliver had shown interest in buying?
(a) Five hundred pounds.
(c) Two hundred pounds.
(d) Seven hundred pounds.
13. Who announces the arrival of Sir Oliver and Mr. Moses when they arrive at Charles' house to discuss his request for a loan?
(d) Benjamin Backbite.
14. What does Rowley report to Sir Oliver and Mr. Moses?
(a) That Trip is moving to Scotland.
(b) That Lady Sneerwell has been attacked.
(c) That Charles has given one hundred pounds to Stanley.
(d) That Maria and Charles are engaged.
15. Who is Trip?
(a) Trip is Charles Surface's butler.
(b) Trip is Maria's cousin.
(c) Trip is the local baker.
(d) Trip is the schoolmaster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of mood is Joseph in, as his uninvited guest arrives at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1?
2. What does Sir Peter suspect about Lady Teazle?
3. What is required in order for Sir Oliver's companion to acquiesce to the request of the person who makes him wait in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. What does Mr. Moses point out in Act 4, Scene 2?
5. Who do Mrs. Candour, Lady Sneerwell, Backbite, and Crabtree believe was caught with Lady Teazle?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)