|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Teazle want Sir Peter to do as Act 4, Scene 3 comes to an end?
(a) Forgive her for her actions, and take her back.
(b) Take her to a French millinery to buy herself a new hat.
(c) Join her for a gossiping session at Lady Sneerwell's.
(d) Apologize to Joseph for barging in on him.
2. Everyone at the table can be considered as which of the following?
(a) Incommunicative and boring.
(b) Greedy and miserly.
(c) Intellectual and scholarly.
(d) Drunk and obnoxious.
3. What does Maria do when she sees Lady Teazle heading toward her?
(a) She prepares to give her a hug.
(b) She pulls out her pocketbook.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She shrieks with delight.
4. Whose portrait does Sir Oliver point to with interest to buy?
(a) Eldridge Surface's portrait.
(b) Amy Surface's portrait.
(c) His own portrait.
(d) Joseph Surface's portrait.
5. Joseph tells Sir Peter that the woman who is standing behind the screen is which of the following?
(a) Miss Clackitt.
(b) A French milliner whom he has been seeing.
(c) Not a real person; just a petticoat on a mannequin.
(d) Angela Foster, a seamstress whom he has been seeing.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Sir Peter attribute much of Lady Teazle's shrewish behavior?
2. What does Joseph want Lady Teazle to do in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Why does the speaker in the Prologue say that Sheridan is acting foolishly?
4. What makes the situation at the end of Act 2, Scene 1 worse on Sir Peter?
5. What does Sir Peter think about Joseph?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)