|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joseph tells Sir Peter that the woman who is standing behind the screen is which of the following?
(a) Miss Clackitt.
(b) Not a real person; just a petticoat on a mannequin.
(c) Angela Foster, a seamstress whom he has been seeing.
(d) A French milliner whom he has been seeing.
2. The next character assassination project will involve which of the following activities?
(a) Breaking off affections between Lady Sneerwell and Benjamin Backbite.
(b) Breaking off affections between Benjamin Backbite and Maria.
(c) Breaking off affections Charles Surface and Lady Sneerwell.
(d) Breaking off affections between Charles Surface and Maria.
3. Who has really impressed Sir Oliver during the portrait auction?
(a) Sir Peter.
4. Lady Teazle considers Maria to be which of the following types at the gossipers' gathering?
(a) Competition for the attention of Joseph Surface.
(b) A businesswoman.
(c) A best friend.
(d) A critic of those at the gossipers' gathering.
5. What are Charles' creditors willing to wait to do?
(a) Seize Charles' house and sell it to pay off his debt.
(b) Speak with him.
(c) Seize Charles' carriage and sell it to pay off his debt.
(d) Have him arrested and taken to debtor's prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What opportunity does Sir Oliver see in Charles's plan?
2. In the prologue to the play, what is noted as not being necessary to bring into the world?
3. Who does the speaker of "A Portrait" address?
4. Who interrupts Joseph and Lady Teazle's rendezvous?
5. Whom does Sir Peter tell about his problems with Lady Teazle?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)