|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives after the portrait auction has ended, and runs a couple of errands for Charles shortly thereafter?
2. What is the topic of the conversation at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Sir Peter's poverty.
(b) Lady Teazle's friendship with Lady Sneerwell.
(c) Sir Peter's unwillingness to spend money on the expensive new fashions that Lady Teazle wants.
(d) They are not talking in Act 2, Scene 1.
3. What does Sir Oliver asks Sir Peter about in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The Surface brothers.
(b) His job.
(c) Lady Sneerwell.
(d) His marriage.
4. Upon hearing the name of whom of the following being gossiped about does Maria react by leaving the room where the gossiping is taking place?
(a) Charles Surface.
(b) Peter Teazle.
(c) Benjamin Backbite.
(d) Joseph Surface.
5. What is the dedication often used to do?
(a) Make a political statement.
(b) Honor the author.
(c) Honor some person.
(d) Judge someone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Charles and his guests react to Trip's announcement in Act 3, Scene 3?
2. While a gossipers' gathering is underway at the home of Lady Sneerwell, Maria and which of the following would-be suitors slip away for a private conversation?
3. What is going on between Sir Peter and Lady Teazle at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What does Rowley tell Sir Oliver about Sir Peter?
5. Why does Maria leave at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)