|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose words are used in the prologue to the play?
(a) Margaret Nickleby.
(b) Samuel Trent.
(c) Caroline Clavell.
(d) David Garrick.
2. To whom does Sir Peter attribute Lady Teazle's shrewish behavior?
(a) Lady Sneerwell.
(d) Benjamin Backbite.
3. Once the party in Act 1, Scene 1 is assembled, who do they begin gossiping about?
(a) Sir Oliver.
(c) Sir Peter.
4. Which two cohorts are lauding themselves on account of their apparent success as character assassins as Act I opens?
(a) Lady Sneerwell and Snake.
(b) Lady Sneerwell and Crabtree.
(c) Maria and Crabtree.
(d) Snake and Benjamin Backbite.
5. What qualifies the individual to be honored in the portrait portion of the play?
(a) The honored individual has devoted over one hundred hours of volunteer time to the theatre.
(b) The honored individual is the inspiration for the play's storyline.
(c) The honored individual is a member of the British Royal Family.
(d) The playwright is infatuated with the honored individual.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it that Sir Oliver does not trust his nephew Joseph completely?
2. Why does Joseph pretend be a kind friend who does not enjoy the others' gossiping and sniping?
3. In one word, what is the subject of the play?
4. Who speaks in the Prologue?
5. Why is the argument ended?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)