|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sir Peter feel about the party in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He finds Lady Sneerwell intriguing.
(b) He grows more disgusted by the minute.
(c) He wishes Sir Oliver was there.
(d) He is happy he came.
2. What does Sir Peter blame his wife's behavior upon?
(a) Rowley's interference.
(b) Spending so much time with Lady Sneerwell and her associates.
(c) Her desire for Joseph Surface.
(d) Spoiling her.
3. What does the playwright attempt to do with his writing of "The School for Scandal and Other Plays"?
(a) Encourage people to tolerate each other more.
(b) Attain wealth.
(c) Get scandal under control.
(d) Entertain the masses.
4. What does Rowley tell Sir Oliver about Sir Peter?
(a) That he has married a shrew.
(b) That he is moving to China.
(c) That he is to meet with the Queen of England.
(d) That he is very, very ill.
5. What does Sir Peter think about Charles?
(a) That he is disrespectful.
(b) That he is nothing but a dissipated, immoral drunkard.
(c) That he is Joseph's nemesis.
(d) That he is the most upstanding of men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the situation at the end of Act 2, Scene 1 worse on Sir Peter?
2. Playwright Sheridan refers to Mr. Moses as which of the following?
3. Act 2, Scene 1 illustrates that no matter what a man does to find a good wife, which of the following may occur?
4. The next character assassination project will involve which of the following activities?
5. What is the name of the man who has requested financial help from Charles Surface and Joseph Surface?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)