|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose long-winded gossiping annoys Maria?
(b) Mr. Benjamin Backbite.
(c) Mrs. Candour.
(d) Lady Sneerwell.
2. Which literary character listed below is alluded to in the prologue to the play in relation to its playwright?
(a) Marco Polo.
(c) Don Quixote.
(d) King Lear.
3. Who usually penned prologues at the time that the play, "School for Scandal and Other Plays" was written?
(a) The local theatre critic.
(b) The writer.
(c) The playwright.
(d) The script supervisor.
4. What was Lady Teazle's economic status while she was growing up?
(c) It is not known.
5. What qualifies the individual to be honored in the portrait portion of the play?
(a) The playwright is infatuated with the honored individual.
(b) The honored individual is a member of the British Royal Family.
(c) The honored individual is the inspiration for the play's storyline.
(d) The honored individual has devoted over one hundred hours of volunteer time to the theatre.
Short Answer Questions
1. Act 2, Scene 1 illustrates that no matter what a man does to find a good wife, which of the following may occur?
2. Whom is the playwright honoring via the portrait portion of the play?
3. In the prologue to the play, what is noted as not being necessary to bring into the world?
4. What does Sir Peter's wife demand?
5. How does Lady Sneerwell feel about her talents?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)