|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the party in Act 2, Scene 2 consist of doing?
(a) Assassinating the looks, qualities and characters of people they claim to be friends with.
(d) Playing cards.
2. What does the speaker of "A Portrait" advise against?
(a) Creating scandals and listening to tales of scandal about others.
(b) Selling your family portraits.
(c) Getting married.
(d) Having children.
3. What is Sheridan attacking, according to the Prologue?
(a) His family.
(b) The institution of marriage.
(c) The giant problems of gossip and scandal.
(d) The politics of his nation.
4. Who arranges a tryst at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Maria and Charles.
(b) Sir Oliver and Lady Teazle.
(c) Maria and Joseph.
(d) Joseph and Lady Teazle.
5. What is Lady Teazle eager to know?
(a) How much her husband's net worth really is.
(b) Whether Sir Peter is having an affair with Mrs. Candour.
(c) Why Joseph was earnestly entreating Maria to listen to him.
(d) What date her archrival, Mrs. Candour, is moving to Liverpool.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the news of his friend's return concern Sir Peter in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Why is the speaker of the Prologue important?
3. What does Lady Teazle believe that she deserves?
4. Who is Uncle Crabtree's nephew?
5. Why does Maria leave at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)