|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do people's reactions to the subject of the play affect the subject itself?
(a) People have no reactions to this subject.
(b) It does not affect the subject at all.
(c) It makes it easier to get rid of.
(d) It makes it impossible to root out.
2. What does the speaker of the Prologue say will be the subject of the play?
3. Why is Sheridan attacking this subject with his pen?
(a) To bring it under control.
(b) He does not attack this subject with his pen.
(c) To gain fame.
(d) To spread the message.
4. Who is pleased to hear of Snake's employment in this matter?
(a) Sir Oliver Surface.
(b) Joseph Surface.
(d) Charles Surface.
5. Who is The School for Scandal dedicated to?
(a) Frances Anne Crewe.
(d) The Surface brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speaks in "A Portrait"?
2. What are members of the audience for the play advised that appearances are capable of doing?
3. What is the benefit of looking beneath the surface, according to the speaker of "A Portrait"?
4. Which of the following messages is meant to be relayed with subtlety to the honored individual during the portrait portion of the plays?
5. Why is the speaker of the Prologue important?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)