|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joseph pretend be a kind friend who does not enjoy the others' gossiping and sniping?
(a) To cause Maria to warm to him.
(b) He does not pretend to be a kind friend.
(c) Because he does not enjoy the other's gossiping.
(d) To propose to Maria.
2. What does Sir Peter think should make Lady Teazle happy?
(a) Nothing should make Lady Teazle happy.
(b) Their marriage.
(c) Just to get a few things from him.
(d) Her friendship with Lady Sneerwell.
3. Who commands Sir Peter to come out of the closet?
(b) Lady Teazle.
(c) Charles Surface.
(d) Joseph Surface.
4. Why does Sir Oliver decide to impersonate Stanley?
(a) Because he wants to be like Stanley.
(b) To see how his nephews will treat him.
(c) He does not decide to impersonate Stanley.
(d) Because Stanley asks him to.
5. What are the men doing at the table when Mr. Moses and Sir Oliver enter at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 3?
(b) Flirting with women.
(d) Playing cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charles Surface give Trip?
2. What is the one item that Charles is not willing to sell at any cost?
3. Sir Oliver feels that Charles could have placated his creditors by doing which of the following?
4. In the prologue to the play, what is noted as not being necessary to bring into the world?
5. Who technically ends the argument in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)