|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do people usually judge others, according to the speaker of "A Portrait"?
(a) By listening to others' reports.
(b) By listening to what the person says.
(c) By getting to know the person.
(d) By analyzing their clothes.
2. What makes the situation at the end of Act 2, Scene 1 worse on Sir Peter?
(a) He likes arguing with his wife.
(b) He has promised to join Lady Teazle for her appointment.
(c) He loves Lady Teazle.
(d) He has a prior engagement.
3. Who is Uncle Crabtree's nephew?
(a) Peter Teazle.
(b) Joseph Surface.
(c) Benjamin Backbite.
4. Which of the following is a widely known fact that cannot be covered up?
(a) That Maria is in love with Crabtree.
(b) That Benjamin Backbite has a crush on Lady Teazle.
(c) That Sir Peter Teazle and Frances Anne Crewe are having an affair.
(d) That Lady Sneerwell and her companions are lying, backstabbing cretins.
5. What is going on between Sir Peter and Lady Teazle at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) They are arguing.
(b) They are considering separating.
(c) They are talking aboout getting married.
(d) They discuss having a baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the speaker of the Prologue say will be the subject of the play?
2. What is the audience advised not to do as a presentation of "The School for Scandal and Other Plays" is about to begin?
3. What is the benefit of looking beneath the surface, according to the speaker of "A Portrait"?
4. What does the speaker of "A Portrait" advise against?
5. How do people's reactions to the subject of the play affect the subject itself?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)