|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of disguise will Sir Oliver use when he meets with his nephew, Charles?
(a) That of a moneylender.
(b) That of a clergyman.
(c) That of a blacksmith.
(d) That of a ship's captain.
2. What does Sir Peter ask Rowley not to tell his friend about?
(a) His marital strife.
(b) His feelings about Charles.
(d) His marriage.
3. Maria considers Lady Teazle to be which of the following types during her meeting with Joseph at the gossipers' gathering?
(a) A best friend.
(b) An intruder.
(c) A shy wallflower.
(d) A co-hostess to Lady Sneerwell.
4. What does Sir Peter try to do in relation to Lady Teazle's arrival in Scene 1 of Act 3?
(a) Convince her to stop associating with Lady Sneerwell.
(b) Surprise her with plans to take her on a vacation.
(c) Soften her heart.
(d) Confront her about her infidelity.
5. How does Sir Peter feel about the party in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He grows more disgusted by the minute.
(b) He wishes Sir Oliver was there.
(c) He finds Lady Sneerwell intriguing.
(d) He is happy he came.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Peter attempt to do when Lady Teazle enters near the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What is Lady Teazle eager to know?
3. What does Sir Peter blame his wife's behavior upon?
4. Which literary character listed below is alluded to in the prologue to the play in relation to its playwright?
5. How does Lady Teazle initially react to Sir Peter's attempt near the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)