|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, what day of the week does Zach find Cap at his table during lunch?
2. Who looks at Zach as though he is not wanted at the lunch table in Chapter 19?
3. What does Cap offer to teach Hugh in Chapter 15?
4. Who does Zach run into after he finds Cap sitting at his lunch table in Chapter 19?
5. In Chapter 22, how long does it take to get from the Donnelly house to Garland?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hugh decide he is finished with Cap?
2. What change has there been in Sophie in Chapter 17 and why?
3. How does Hugh describe the scene in the parking lot in Chapter 29?
4. Who all is working on the Halloween Dance in Chapter 19?
5. How is Rain doing at the beginning of Chapter 27?
6. How do the students react when they see Cap in Chapter 30?
7. What does Rain do with Garland in Chapter 31?
8. Why does Mrs. Donnelly tell Mr. Kasigi that the problem with the checks is his fault?
9. What does Zach feel when he sees Cap Anderson at his lunch table?
10. What does Darryl realize after he learns that Hugh is probably the one who got Cap to dress up in a rival team's uniform?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cap has been raised in seclusion with his grandmother. How has the way that Cap has been raised had positive and negative influences in his life, and how have those influences made Cap the person he is?
Essay Topic 2
The novel is written from several different points of view. How does the author’s decision to write from several different points of view affect the pace and plot of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses flashbacks to relate incidents that happened before the story began. In what way does the author use flashbacks to advance the plot and reveal information about characters and how does his choice to use flashbacks impacts the story and develop characters?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)