|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many lunch periods are there at the middle school each school day?
2. Who does Zach run into after he finds Cap sitting at his lunch table in Chapter 19?
3. How long does it take Cap to say good-bye to everyone in Chapter 30?
4. What is Sophie reading when Cap comes to the Donnelly house in Chapter 22?
5. What type of costumes are the students wearing at the end of Chapter 27?
Short Essay Questions
1. What change has there been in Sophie in Chapter 17 and why?
2. How has Hugh tried to take his friendship with Cap further than just school?
3. What does Zach feel when he sees Cap Anderson at his lunch table?
4. Why is Sophie upset at the beginning of Chapter 16?
5. What does Cap wish he can do in Chapter 27?
6. Why is Hugh Cap's first drop out from his morning tai chi group?
7. How does Hugh describe the scene in the parking lot in Chapter 29?
8. Why does Hugh decide he is finished with Cap?
9. Why does Rain meet Cap at school in Chapter 22?
10. How does Sophie learn who gave her the engraved bracelet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the novel, some characters are more thoroughly described than others. Who are some characters that are merely named in passing or have a minor role in the novel? What is the importance of these flat characters to the story line? In what way do these characters make the main characters more colorful or interesting? When there is conflict, what type of role do these flat characters play?
Essay Topic 2
Cap experiences conflicts as he attends middle school and lives with the Donnelly’s. What are some of the conflicts that Cap deals with, and what do these conflicts reveal about Cap and the type of person that he is?
Essay Topic 3
Cap is very innocent when he begins school at Claverage. How does his innocence affect his experiences at the middle school and the way that he influences the other students?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)