|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sneaks Cap's file out of the office in Chapter 24?
2. What type of car does Rain drive in Chapter 31?
3. Who does Sophie imagine is taking the driver's test with her instead of the instructor?
4. When Cap comes to the truck bed in Chapter 30, how long does the ovation last according to Zach?
5. What is the address of the Donnelly house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mr. Kasigi pleased with the way that the principal's conference proceeded?
2. How has Hugh tried to take his friendship with Cap further than just school?
3. How has Cap memorized so many names of students at the middle school?
4. What do Lena and Naomi discover when they go to 191 Rockcrest in Chapter 24?
5. What change has there been in Sophie in Chapter 17 and why?
6. Why is Hugh Cap's first drop out from his morning tai chi group?
7. How does Hugh describe the scene in the parking lot in Chapter 29?
8. What does Cap wish he can do in Chapter 27?
9. Why does Mr. Kasigi want Mrs. Donnelly at the school in Chapter 28?
10. What does Cap feel when he returns to Garland in Chapter 22?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Zach and Cap can both provide things that others need to be happy or satisfied in their surroundings. What can Zach and Cap provide to others and how do they consciously and unconsciously provide for other’s needs?
Essay Topic 2
Differences set students apart at Claverage. How does Cap accept differences in himself and in others, and how does his view of differences help him to be true to himself?
Essay Topic 3
Rain believes in being positive. What has Rain taught Cap about negativity and being positive, and how do her teachings influence Cap when he is sent to Claverage?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)