|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cap think he can pay for a taxi in Chapter 27?
2. What shape is the birthmark that seventh-grade Ron has?
3. In Chapter 19, what day of the week does Zach find Cap at his table during lunch?
4. Who sneaks Cap's file out of the office in Chapter 24?
5. Who does Hugh think trips him in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Darryl realize after he learns that Hugh is probably the one who got Cap to dress up in a rival team's uniform?
2. Why does Mrs. Donnelly tell Mr. Kasigi that the problem with the checks is his fault?
3. What does Zach feel when he sees Cap Anderson at his lunch table?
4. What does Hugh get Cap to do in Chapter 20 and what happens?
5. How does Sophie learn who gave her the engraved bracelet?
6. How has Hugh tried to take his friendship with Cap further than just school?
7. What is life like for Zach as he walks the halls and gets things from his locker in Chapter 25?
8. What does Cap feel when he returns to Garland in Chapter 22?
9. In Chapter 17, what does Mr. Kasigi tell Mrs. Donnelly about how Cap is getting along at school?
10. Why is Mr. Kasigi pleased with the way that the principal's conference proceeded?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Naomi describes Cap as sensitive. In what ways is Cap sensitive and how does his sensitivity affect the way that Naomi begins to perceive Cap?
Essay Topic 2
Bullying is prominent at Claverage Middle School. What type of bullying takes place and how does it affect students who participate in the bullying and those who are on the receiving end of the bullying?
Essay Topic 3
In the novel, some characters are more thoroughly described than others. Who are some characters that are merely named in passing or have a minor role in the novel? What is the importance of these flat characters to the story line? In what way do these characters make the main characters more colorful or interesting? When there is conflict, what type of role do these flat characters play?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)