|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hugh say that he tries to invite Cap in Chapter 15?
2. In Chapter 19, what does Zach believe will signal the end of the world?
3. In the television show that Sophie and Cap watch, what happens to Rishon in Chapter 22 when Sophie teases Cap?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 17, how many messages does Mrs. Donnelly leave for Mr. Kasigi before he calls back?
5. What type of apples is Cap picking in Chapter 27?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hugh decide he is finished with Cap?
2. What does Cap wish he can do in Chapter 27?
3. What does Mrs. Vogel tell Naomi about Cap and the Halloween Dance in Chapter 24?
4. What does Hugh get Cap to do in Chapter 20 and what happens?
5. What does Darryl do when he makes contact with the student wearing the rival team's uniform?
6. What does Rain do with Garland in Chapter 31?
7. How has Hugh tried to take his friendship with Cap further than just school?
8. In Chapter 17, what does Mr. Kasigi tell Mrs. Donnelly about how Cap is getting along at school?
9. What change has there been in Sophie in Chapter 17 and why?
10. How do the students react when they see Cap in Chapter 30?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cap finds the world outside of Garland confusing. Why is the outside world like a foreign country to Cap, and how do the differences affect him and his outlook on life?
Essay Topic 2
Hugh has always been picked on by Zach and his friends. How does Hugh’s relationship with Zach change and why does it change?
Essay Topic 3
Zach and Cap can both provide things that others need to be happy or satisfied in their surroundings. What can Zach and Cap provide to others and how do they consciously and unconsciously provide for other’s needs?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)