|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sophie throw at Cap at the beginning of Chapter 16.
2. How does Cap think he can pay for a taxi in Chapter 27?
3. What type of car does Rain drive in Chapter 31?
4. How long does it take Cap to say good-bye to everyone in Chapter 30?
5. What is the weather like when Sophie takes her driver's test in Chapter 26?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hugh describe the scene in the parking lot in Chapter 29?
2. Why does Mr. Kasigi want Mrs. Donnelly at the school in Chapter 28?
3. How does Cap's tie-dying project proceed?
4. How do the students react when they see Cap in Chapter 30?
5. Why is Sophie upset at the beginning of Chapter 16?
6. Why does Mrs. Donnelly tell Mr. Kasigi that the problem with the checks is his fault?
7. How is the dance coming together in Chapter 16?
8. How has Cap memorized so many names of students at the middle school?
9. Why does Hugh decide he is finished with Cap?
10. What does Mrs. Vogel tell Naomi about Cap and the Halloween Dance in Chapter 24?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cap is the protagonist in the novel. Who is the antagonist and what effects does the antagonist have on Cap and on Cap’s view of the world outside Garland?
Essay Topic 2
Cap is very innocent when he begins school at Claverage. How does his innocence affect his experiences at the middle school and the way that he influences the other students?
Essay Topic 3
Naomi describes Cap as sensitive. In what ways is Cap sensitive and how does his sensitivity affect the way that Naomi begins to perceive Cap?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)