|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Kasigi take Cap in Chapter 16?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 22, who is in an ambulance?
3. Where was the principal's conference that Mr. Kasigi attended?
4. What type of costumes are the students wearing at the end of Chapter 27?
5. How does Cap think he can pay for a taxi in Chapter 27?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hugh decide he is finished with Cap?
2. Why is Sophie upset at the beginning of Chapter 16?
3. How is Rain doing at the beginning of Chapter 27?
4. How does Hugh describe the scene in the parking lot in Chapter 29?
5. What does Mrs. Vogel tell Naomi about Cap and the Halloween Dance in Chapter 24?
6. What does Darryl realize after he learns that Hugh is probably the one who got Cap to dress up in a rival team's uniform?
7. How has Hugh tried to take his friendship with Cap further than just school?
8. What does Zach feel when he sees Cap Anderson at his lunch table?
9. What change has there been in Sophie in Chapter 17 and why?
10. How has Cap memorized so many names of students at the middle school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rain believes in being positive. What has Rain taught Cap about negativity and being positive, and how do her teachings influence Cap when he is sent to Claverage?
Essay Topic 2
Cap is very innocent when he begins school at Claverage. How does his innocence affect his experiences at the middle school and the way that he influences the other students?
Essay Topic 3
Differences set students apart at Claverage. How does Cap accept differences in himself and in others, and how does his view of differences help him to be true to himself?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)