|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the principal's conference that Mr. Kasigi attended?
2. How long does it take Cap to say good-bye to everyone in Chapter 30?
3. What album does Cap hear as he and Sophie approach the school in Chapter 27?
4. In Chapter 15, what does Hugh say that he tries to get Cap to join?
5. Who is Sophie interested in dating in Chapter 26?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Darryl do when he makes contact with the student wearing the rival team's uniform?
2. How does Cap's tie-dying project proceed?
3. What does Cap wish he can do in Chapter 27?
4. What does Mrs. Vogel tell Naomi about Cap and the Halloween Dance in Chapter 24?
5. Why does Rain meet Cap at school in Chapter 22?
6. How do the students react when they see Cap in Chapter 30?
7. How is Rain doing at the beginning of Chapter 27?
8. How does Sophie learn who gave her the engraved bracelet?
9. Why does Hugh decide he is finished with Cap?
10. What does Zach feel when he sees Cap Anderson at his lunch table?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Naomi describes Cap as sensitive. In what ways is Cap sensitive and how does his sensitivity affect the way that Naomi begins to perceive Cap?
Essay Topic 2
The novel is written from several different points of view. How does the author’s decision to write from several different points of view affect the pace and plot of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Hugh has not enjoyed his school years. Why has Hugh had a miserable time at school, why do his experiences change, and how does he feel when school becomes a more pleasant place for him?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)