|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the teacher who breaks up a fight compare Cap to in Chapter 4?
2. Who does Mrs. Donnelly have lunch with at the beginning of Chapter 7?
3. What type of car does Sophie drive in Chapter 9, when Cap is giving her driving lessons?
4. In Chapter 11, what are jerks at the back of the school bus flicking at Cap?
5. How many kids does Doc Cafferty have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is class president chosen at Claverage Middle School?
2. Why does Sophie say that Cap might be her good-luck charm in Chapter 13?
3. Why is Hugh having a great school year in Chapter 11?
4. How does Sophie describe her mother in Chapter 9?
5. Why does Mrs. Donnelly decide to have Cap stay at her house?
6. In Chapter 7, what does Mr. Kasigi say about how Cap is getting along in school?
7. How does Cap describe lockers to his grandmother?
8. How does Sophie's date go with Josh?
9. What is Garland Farm?
10. What is Cap's first experience with a police officer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cap experiences conflicts as he attends middle school and lives with the Donnelly’s. What are some of the conflicts that Cap deals with, and what do these conflicts reveal about Cap and the type of person that he is?
Essay Topic 2
Zach has never really known what it is like to not be popular. How does Zach’s popularity rise and fall in the novel, and how does not being popular affect Zach and his outlook on life?
Essay Topic 3
Rain considers television to be a vast wasteland, but Cap enjoys television when he watches it with Sophie. What does television symbolize for Rain and what does it symbolize for Cap, and how does that affect the way they view television?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)