|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far did Cap remember he and Rain driving out of their way to buy duct tape because there was a strike at the hardware store where they usually shopped?
2. By the end of Chapter 14, who is doing tai chi with Cap at school?
3. What does Capricorn drive in Chapter 1?
4. How old was Cap when Rain taught him to drive?
5. How many kids does Doc Cafferty have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Holly van Arden mention for food for the Halloween dance?
2. Why did Cap ask about bullfighting as a sport at the middle school, and why did he stop asking about it?
3. What is helping Cap understand regular school in Chapter 12?
4. Why is Hugh having a great school year in Chapter 11?
5. How does Cap describe lockers to his grandmother?
6. Who was eighth grade class president last year and how did that work out?
7. How does Cap get locked in a courtyard off the library and what does he do until he is rescued?
8. What does Rain tell Cap to do when he says that he is scared?
9. How does Cap feel when he witnesses his fight in Chapter 4?
10. In Chapter 7, what does Mr. Kasigi say about how Cap is getting along in school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The novel is written from several different points of view. How does the author’s decision to write from several different points of view affect the pace and plot of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Zach has never really known what it is like to not be popular. How does Zach’s popularity rise and fall in the novel, and how does not being popular affect Zach and his outlook on life?
Essay Topic 3
Cap experiences conflicts as he attends middle school and lives with the Donnelly’s. What are some of the conflicts that Cap deals with, and what do these conflicts reveal about Cap and the type of person that he is?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)