|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girl Cap gets love notes from in Chapter 8?
2. Where does the second boy punch the first boy at the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. Who was elected class president the year Sophie was in eighth grade?
4. What one class does Naomi have with Cap?
5. Who is the bus driver in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is helping Cap understand regular school in Chapter 12?
2. Why did Cap ask about bullfighting as a sport at the middle school, and why did he stop asking about it?
3. What does Cap do when he finds a dead bird in his locker?
4. In Chapter 7, what does Mr. Kasigi say about how Cap is getting along in school?
5. How does Cap feel when he witnesses his fight in Chapter 4?
6. What does Sophie's father do for her birthday?
7. How does Cap get locked in a courtyard off the library and what does he do until he is rescued?
8. How does Sophie describe her mother in Chapter 9?
9. How does Naomi describe Lena?
10. What does Holly van Arden mention for food for the Halloween dance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Zach and Cap can both provide things that others need to be happy or satisfied in their surroundings. What can Zach and Cap provide to others and how do they consciously and unconsciously provide for other’s needs?
Essay Topic 2
Hugh is Cap’s first friend. How do Hugh and Cap’s relationship change, and what emotions experienced by Hugh cause the relationship to change?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses flashbacks to relate incidents that happened before the story began. In what way does the author use flashbacks to advance the plot and reveal information about characters and how does his choice to use flashbacks impacts the story and develop characters?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)