|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Cap remember marching with strikers in front of a hardware store?
2. How old is Capricorn when he first sees a police officer up close?
3. In Chapter 14, how many times does Cap say that he has had his hair cut?
4. What does Mrs. Donnelly think that Rain would have made because of the way she taught the children at Garland Farm?
5. How far did Cap remember he and Rain driving out of their way to buy duct tape because there was a strike at the hardware store where they usually shopped?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mrs. Donnelly's experience with Garland Farm?
2. Why does Sophie say that Cap might be her good-luck charm in Chapter 13?
3. How does Sophie describe her mother in Chapter 9?
4. What does Sophie say about eighth grade class president?
5. How does Sophie's date go with Josh?
6. What does Sophie's father do for her birthday?
7. How does Cap get locked in a courtyard off the library and what does he do until he is rescued?
8. Why is Hugh having a great school year in Chapter 11?
9. What does Cap tell his grandmother about middle school?
10. In Chapter 7, what does Mr. Kasigi say about how Cap is getting along in school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The novel is written from several different points of view. How does the author’s decision to write from several different points of view affect the pace and plot of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Rain believes in being positive. What has Rain taught Cap about negativity and being positive, and how do her teachings influence Cap when he is sent to Claverage?
Essay Topic 3
Differences set students apart at Claverage. How does Cap accept differences in himself and in others, and how does his view of differences help him to be true to himself?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)