|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 3, who does Zach think he will nominate for class president?
2. What did Cap do the to boss's car when there were strikers at a hardware store?
3. What does Cap wear around his neck?
4. In Chapter 12, who does Cap put in charge of hiring a deejay for the Halloween dance?
5. As the bus gets closer to the hospital in Chapter 11, how many police cars are following the bus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sophie say about eighth grade class president?
2. How does Hugh describe Cap?
3. How does Naomi describe Lena?
4. What is Cap's first experience with a police officer?
5. Why does Cap wish that he could talk with Rain more often?
6. What does Sophie's father do for her birthday?
7. Why does Sophie say that Cap might be her good-luck charm in Chapter 13?
8. What does Cap tell his grandmother about middle school?
9. How does Cap get locked in a courtyard off the library and what does he do until he is rescued?
10. What is Garland Farm?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hugh is Cap’s first friend. How do Hugh and Cap’s relationship change, and what emotions experienced by Hugh cause the relationship to change?
Essay Topic 2
Rain believes in being positive. What has Rain taught Cap about negativity and being positive, and how do her teachings influence Cap when he is sent to Claverage?
Essay Topic 3
In the novel, some characters are more thoroughly described than others. Who are some characters that are merely named in passing or have a minor role in the novel? What is the importance of these flat characters to the story line? In what way do these characters make the main characters more colorful or interesting? When there is conflict, what type of role do these flat characters play?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)