|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Sophie's shampoo that Cap tries in Chapter 14?
2. Who helps Cap with directions when he drives the school bus in Chapter 11?
3. What grades is Hugh getting in school in Chapter 11?
4. How many pages are the studies that Hugh Winkleman say adults publish trying to figure out what makes kids tick?
5. By Chapter 12, how many names has Cap managed to memorize?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Cap ask about bullfighting as a sport at the middle school, and why did he stop asking about it?
2. How does Zach describe himself?
3. How does Cap get locked in a courtyard off the library and what does he do until he is rescued?
4. What does Cap do when he finds a dead bird in his locker?
5. Why is Hugh having a great school year in Chapter 11?
6. What does Holly van Arden mention for food for the Halloween dance?
7. How does Sophie's date go with Josh?
8. What does Rain tell Cap to do when he says that he is scared?
9. What does Rain say about Cap driving the school bus?
10. What happens in Chapter 11 when the school bus driver has a heart attack?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Zach and Cap can both provide things that others need to be happy or satisfied in their surroundings. What can Zach and Cap provide to others and how do they consciously and unconsciously provide for other’s needs?
Essay Topic 2
Hugh has not enjoyed his school years. Why has Hugh had a miserable time at school, why do his experiences change, and how does he feel when school becomes a more pleasant place for him?
Essay Topic 3
Differences set students apart at Claverage. How does Cap accept differences in himself and in others, and how does his view of differences help him to be true to himself?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)