|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many weeks of rehab do the doctor and nurse want Rain to do in Chapter 1?
2. What type of house does Mrs. Donnelly live in?
3. How many kids are at the assembly where Cap is announced at class president?
4. By Chapter 8, how many names of students has Cap learned?
5. Why does Cap get sent to Mr. Kasigi's office in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sophie's date go with Josh?
2. What does Cap do when he finds a dead bird in his locker?
3. How does Sophie describe her mother in Chapter 9?
4. Why does Cap wish that he could talk with Rain more often?
5. How is Cap being educated and why?
6. How does Cap describe lockers to his grandmother?
7. What does Cap think about duct tape?
8. What does Rain tell Cap to do when he says that he is scared?
9. How does Cap feel when he witnesses his fight in Chapter 4?
10. What does Holly van Arden mention for food for the Halloween dance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The novel is written from several different points of view. How does the author’s decision to write from several different points of view affect the pace and plot of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Bullying is prominent at Claverage Middle School. What type of bullying takes place and how does it affect students who participate in the bullying and those who are on the receiving end of the bullying?
Essay Topic 3
Cap is very innocent when he begins school at Claverage. How does his innocence affect his experiences at the middle school and the way that he influences the other students?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)