|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Boys are named after whom in the Republic?
2. Who or what do Nikolai and his friend Alex mimic?
3. What does Spider Rose decide the pet is?
4. How does Nikolai's wife die?
5. What is Pongpianskul trying to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dr. Afriel's mission?
2. Why is the name "Fuzzy" a private joke?
3. What is so special about the discreets?
4. What has happened to Lindsay?
5. Why is the Queen's departure the death knell for CK?
6. What interesting information does Lindsay find out about Wellspring?
7. Who had been the previous occupant of the ship and what had happened to it?
8. What does Dr. Mirny tell Dr. Afriel about the Swarm and what he can hope to gain from them?
9. What is Lindsay convinced about, regardless of what Vera says, in terms of the rat?
10. Why isn't intelligence a survival trait?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Lindsay's initial lack of desire for going in for treatment for aging. What is he afraid to lose? Do these fears have merit? Why or why not? What could Lindsay stand to gain?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Dr. Mirny's interpretation of the Swarm. How does she see them? Is this analysis accurate? Suggest reasons why the intelligent caste of the swarm takes over what was once its best ally. Is this a sound and logical move or one made out of emotion? Justify your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Investors and the unity that formed against them. How is this unity rallied and agreed upon? What is the catalyst, and how is this evident to the reader? What would be required for the Investors to become the primary political force? Would this occur? Why or why not?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)