|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would this creature have missed if it would have had to absorb Dr. Afriel?
2. Where does Landau find Wellspring?
3. What has Alexandrina been feeding Lindsay?
4. What is the prize for the war of the Sunken Gardens?
5. For what is the Froth famous?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dr. Afriel's mission?
2. Why isn't intelligence a survival trait?
3. What has happened to Lindsay?
4. Why is the Queen's departure the death knell for CK?
5. Why is winter the season for pruning the sunken gardens?
6. What is Lindsay convinced about, regardless of what Vera says, in terms of the rat?
7. Why does Nikolai retire and commit suicide?
8. How does Mirasol view the orbiting city? Why does she feel this way?
9. What does the Presence reveal itself to be and what does it want with its existence?
10. What is unique about "Fuzzy"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Dr. Afriel's desire to exploit the Swarm for the benefit of his faction. Is this behavior any different from what people try to do in general? How or why not? Cite examples from human history to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the feuds against the Shapers. What characteristics make them so disliked? Who, specifically, doesn't like them and why? Do these presumed traits by enemies of the Shapers have merit? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Dr. Mirny's interpretation of the Swarm. How does she see them? Is this analysis accurate? Suggest reasons why the intelligent caste of the swarm takes over what was once its best ally. Is this a sound and logical move or one made out of emotion? Justify your answer.
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)