|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the symbiote do?
2. Where does Landau find Wellspring?
3. What does she hope when she has eaten her pets' undecayed flesh?
4. What is it thought that Wellspring engineered?
5. How do the gasbags communicate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Afriel say about humanity?
2. What does Dr. Mirny tell Dr. Afriel about the Swarm and what he can hope to gain from them?
3. How is Wellspring dressed and why?
4. How does Mirasol view the orbiting city? Why does she feel this way?
5. What is unique about "Fuzzy"?
6. How is the killing of the people originally justified?
7. Why isn't intelligence a survival trait?
8. Why do the Cicadas need to bathe but Lindsay does not?
9. What does Nikolai do in order to upset the Mechanist?
10. What is so special about the discreets?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Lindsay's parting gift to Kitsune. How is this gift more than a little morbid and psychopathic? How could it backfire on Lindsay? What is the problem with giving a being that is hungry for power more and more of it?
Essay Topic 2
The social hierarchy of the Investors is interesting to examine, especially considering their lack of emotions. Describe and explain their social hierarchy and how the Investor society is established, and compare it to human society. What major differences, aside from the ability of interstellar travel, do both species possess?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Lindsay's initial lack of desire for going in for treatment for aging. What is he afraid to lose? Do these fears have merit? Why or why not? What could Lindsay stand to gain?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)