|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Dr. Afriel staked his career upon?
2. What does she hope when she has eaten her pets' undecayed flesh?
3. What isn't an alteration to the Captain-Doctor's body?
4. Who is Landau's closest friend?
5. What is the first thing the immortal rat does following its release?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is so special about the discreets?
2. What makes it clear that the Investors hadn't intended to trade their pet?
3. How has Spider Rose's pet helped her overcome issues?
4. What does the book refer to in Chapter Nine regarding the strain on humanity?
5. What is Lindsay convinced about, regardless of what Vera says, in terms of the rat?
6. What has Landau been waiting for, and why did he have to wait?
7. What does the Presence reveal itself to be and what does it want with its existence?
8. What has happened to Lindsay?
9. For what reason does the Mechanist woman propose marriage?
10. Why does Nikolai retire and commit suicide?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Lindsay's parting gift to Kitsune. How is this gift more than a little morbid and psychopathic? How could it backfire on Lindsay? What is the problem with giving a being that is hungry for power more and more of it?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, Lindsay changes his identity numerous times. What are some of the similarities in each of his characters? What are some of the main differences? How do these characters impact his personality? Explain your answer thoroughly.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Nora's betrayal of her gene line. How does it become clear that this is a regret of hers? What does she do in order to not have regrets further? How does this illustrate Nora's true emotional ties? Defend your argument utilizing quotes from the book.
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)