|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nikolai's wife understand his emotions better than anyone else?
2. What patent is Navarre attempting to push forward?
3. What is the cat's name?
4. What do the people eradicate from Lindsay's memory?
5. What is Pongpianskul trying to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why isn't intelligence a survival trait?
2. What had Pongpianskul attempted to do, and failed?
3. What does the Presence reveal itself to be and what does it want with its existence?
4. How has Spider Rose's pet helped her overcome issues?
5. Why is winter the season for pruning the sunken gardens?
6. What is so special about the discreets?
7. What has happened to Lindsay?
8. Why is the Queen's departure the death knell for CK?
9. What makes it clear that the Investors hadn't intended to trade their pet?
10. How does Nikolai come to find the central question of the universe? What is the central question?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the Investors way regarding business. Compare it with the way business models are done in our world. What are some of the main differences? Some similarities? Would the Investors way of doing business succeed on Earth? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Dr. Mirny's interpretation of the Swarm. How does she see them? Is this analysis accurate? Suggest reasons why the intelligent caste of the swarm takes over what was once its best ally. Is this a sound and logical move or one made out of emotion? Justify your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Investors attachment to their "pet." How does this go against the knowledge previously offered about the Investors? What does this suggest about their social system? How does this make them more human-like?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)