|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the thing that the Investors hit upon that she actually likes?
2. What patent is Navarre attempting to push forward?
3. What upgrade does this give him?
4. What no longer startles Spider Rose?
5. To whom is T-K crucial?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why isn't intelligence a survival trait?
2. How does Mirasol view the orbiting city? Why does she feel this way?
3. What does the book refer to in Chapter Nine regarding the strain on humanity?
4. Why does Nikolai retire and commit suicide?
5. What has Landau been waiting for, and why did he have to wait?
6. What does Nikolai do in order to upset the Mechanist?
7. Why is the name "Fuzzy" a private joke?
8. What makes it clear that the Investors hadn't intended to trade their pet?
9. How is Wellspring dressed and why?
10. How is the killing of the people originally justified?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Lindsay's initial lack of desire for going in for treatment for aging. What is he afraid to lose? Do these fears have merit? Why or why not? What could Lindsay stand to gain?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the political system of the Schismatrix. How is this system in a state of constant flux? What does an individual have to do in order to maintain control? Who or what controls the system throughout most of the book? How is this evident?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss a universe in which humanity all have long lasting life spans. What would be some of the benefits to such a world? What would be some of the drawbacks? Extrapolating on what is known about humanity now, discuss how longevity might not be a boon to any planet or solar system on which humans reside.
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)