|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nikolai love as a child?
2. How does Nikolai's wife understand his emotions better than anyone else?
3. What no longer startles Spider Rose?
4. What does the pet become?
5. What does Afriel apply to impress the Swarm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Afriel say about humanity?
2. Who had been the previous occupant of the ship and what had happened to it?
3. Why do the Cicadas need to bathe but Lindsay does not?
4. Why is the Queen's departure the death knell for CK?
5. What interesting information does Lindsay find out about Wellspring?
6. What does the Presence reveal itself to be and what does it want with its existence?
7. What has Landau been waiting for, and why did he have to wait?
8. How is the killing of the people originally justified?
9. What does the book refer to in Chapter Nine regarding the strain on humanity?
10. What is so special about the discreets?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the Investors way regarding business. Compare it with the way business models are done in our world. What are some of the main differences? Some similarities? Would the Investors way of doing business succeed on Earth? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Lindsay's initial lack of desire for going in for treatment for aging. What is he afraid to lose? Do these fears have merit? Why or why not? What could Lindsay stand to gain?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Nora's commitment to the Mavride clan. How is this commitment different than anyone on Earth's commitment to their family? How is it similar? What are some of the drawbacks to this level of commitment?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)