|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Dr. Afriel staked his career upon?
2. How big is Mirasol's new land?
3. What is Green Rapture?
4. Who does Nikolai meet in ECLECTIC EPILEPTIC?
5. What has killed the Queen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Presence reveal itself to be and what does it want with its existence?
2. What has happened to Lindsay?
3. Why do the Cicadas need to bathe but Lindsay does not?
4. Why do the factions only get twelve hours?
5. What has Landau been waiting for, and why did he have to wait?
6. What is so special about the discreets?
7. What interesting information does Lindsay find out about Wellspring?
8. Why does Nikolai retire and commit suicide?
9. What is unique about "Fuzzy"?
10. How does Nikolai come to find the central question of the universe? What is the central question?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the feuds against the Shapers. What characteristics make them so disliked? Who, specifically, doesn't like them and why? Do these presumed traits by enemies of the Shapers have merit? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Lindsay's relationships throughout the novel. What is interesting to note about each of them? What relationship lasts the longest, in the course of the novel and in years elapsed? Why do you think that is?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Investors and the unity that formed against them. How is this unity rallied and agreed upon? What is the catalyst, and how is this evident to the reader? What would be required for the Investors to become the primary political force? Would this occur? Why or why not?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)