|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How big is Mirasol's new land?
2. Who is always around to pick up the pieces?
3. What does Spider Rose decide the pet is?
4. As what is Afriel supposed to address the doctor when he has been brought to her?
5. What will be the only enemies on Europa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Afriel say about humanity?
2. What does the Presence reveal itself to be and what does it want with its existence?
3. For what reason does the Mechanist woman propose marriage?
4. How has Spider Rose's pet helped her overcome issues?
5. What does Nikolai do in order to upset the Mechanist?
6. How is the killing of the people originally justified?
7. What is Dr. Afriel's mission?
8. How does Mirasol view the orbiting city? Why does she feel this way?
9. How does Nikolai come to find the central question of the universe? What is the central question?
10. What is Lindsay convinced about, regardless of what Vera says, in terms of the rat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the political system of the Schismatrix. How is this system in a state of constant flux? What does an individual have to do in order to maintain control? Who or what controls the system throughout most of the book? How is this evident?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Nora's betrayal of her gene line. How does it become clear that this is a regret of hers? What does she do in order to not have regrets further? How does this illustrate Nora's true emotional ties? Defend your argument utilizing quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Nora's commitment to the Mavride clan. How is this commitment different than anyone on Earth's commitment to their family? How is it similar? What are some of the drawbacks to this level of commitment?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)