|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the gasbags communicate?
2. For whom is Lindsay waiting?
3. What isn't Mirasol meant to mention?
4. What is the thing that the Investors hit upon that she actually likes?
5. What does the pet become?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unique about "Fuzzy"?
2. How has Spider Rose's pet helped her overcome issues?
3. What does Nikolai do in order to upset the Mechanist?
4. Why do the factions only get twelve hours?
5. How is the killing of the people originally justified?
6. What had Pongpianskul attempted to do, and failed?
7. Why do the Cicadas need to bathe but Lindsay does not?
8. Why is winter the season for pruning the sunken gardens?
9. How does Mirasol view the orbiting city? Why does she feel this way?
10. What is Lindsay convinced about, regardless of what Vera says, in terms of the rat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Lindsay's relationships throughout the novel. What is interesting to note about each of them? What relationship lasts the longest, in the course of the novel and in years elapsed? Why do you think that is?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Nora's commitment to the Mavride clan. How is this commitment different than anyone on Earth's commitment to their family? How is it similar? What are some of the drawbacks to this level of commitment?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Swarm's offer of immortality. How is this offer hard to refuse? What are some potential consequences of immortality? Why must this offer be closely weighed? Would it be an offer you would take, in Dr. Afriel's position? Why or why not?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)