|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Lindsay not help but do after Gomez leaves?
2. What is under the ibis feathers?
3. What is the prize for the war of the Sunken Gardens?
4. What upgrade does this give him?
5. Why do Lindsay and Vera's hearts leap?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who had been the previous occupant of the ship and what had happened to it?
2. What is Lindsay convinced about, regardless of what Vera says, in terms of the rat?
3. Why is winter the season for pruning the sunken gardens?
4. What does the Presence reveal itself to be and what does it want with its existence?
5. What does Nikolai do in order to upset the Mechanist?
6. What has happened to Lindsay?
7. What is Dr. Afriel's mission?
8. What makes it clear that the Investors hadn't intended to trade their pet?
9. What does the book refer to in Chapter Nine regarding the strain on humanity?
10. How has Spider Rose's pet helped her overcome issues?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Investors attachment to their "pet." How does this go against the knowledge previously offered about the Investors? What does this suggest about their social system? How does this make them more human-like?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the Investors way regarding business. Compare it with the way business models are done in our world. What are some of the main differences? Some similarities? Would the Investors way of doing business succeed on Earth? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss a universe in which humanity all have long lasting life spans. What would be some of the benefits to such a world? What would be some of the drawbacks? Extrapolating on what is known about humanity now, discuss how longevity might not be a boon to any planet or solar system on which humans reside.
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)